Good morning friends!
What timing! Here I'd already decided to share some glimpses of our week, when I saw Debbie at Breathing in Grace has returned to hosting Friday Foto Friends. Thank you, Deb!
Picking up where I left off ...
I was excited to see Home Depot's Survive-a-Storm shelters up close and personal ...
… but left empty-handed.
This -- the only remotely affordable model -- is lots smaller than we envisioned. While it's not totally off the table, I'd rather not part with those dollars right now.
'Think this may have had something to do with it?
Yes, thanks. We enjoyed a super get-away!
I was concerned at Tom's initial reaction -- no cable television reception and super low lake levels. Come to find out, each Winter they let 8'-9' of water out the dam; and don't recover those gazillion gallons until late May.
That's OK, he soon got over himself. So much so, he began pipe-dreaming of a permanent vacation place.
(If wishes were horses - not!)
750 miles of wooded shoreline!
I didn't know that!
Peaceful easy feeling!
Finally ... new flooring awaited us back home.
I told Tom, we can never get rid of the loveseat because it matches the tile. (SMILE)
Looking forward to enjoying pizza with my son and family tonight. Have y'all any special plans this weekend?
Thanks for watching my grown-up 'show-and-tell' today!
Take good care and be safe!
Hugs, Myra


















Happy Birthday! We have had success with VRBO and always enjoyed ourselves. My niece has one of those shelters in her garage.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Alas, we've no garage; hence, where to put such a shelter!
DeleteFirst time here and I enjoyed your photos. I've never been to a VRBO but from your photos it looks like a nice place to stay. Enjoy your pizza and maybe save a slice for me :) Have a blessed day.
ReplyDeleteSure … I'm happy to share! Thank you so much for visiting; please come back! I'll be by to 'see' you in a little bit!
DeleteI am confused about the sign in your second photo. You can hardly hide behind it during a storm? Is it stable into the ground?
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed your holiday. The place looks superb. Happy Birthday once again.
God bless you and yours. Mevely.
HA! No, I don't suppose one could without suffering lacerations. Thank you for the birthday wishes!
DeleteIt looks like you had a super getaway. Catch any fish? (Other than the ones that were already fried and served to you...) I reckon you can say you're a True Southerner now that you like catfish. What's not to like? Prepared properly, it's super good eating. Finger-licking good!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fisher ... but Tom was tickled to catch a goodly-size bass. (And kind enough to release.) Love being called a True Southerner!
DeleteWhat a wonderful get away! I enjoyed coming here to see your blog and your Friday Fotos :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Please come back anytime!
DeleteI love this week's show and tell!! That get-away looks so great! Love your selfie! Too bad the storm shelter is so small, but glad it isn't totally off your radar. I would feel so much safer!! Love & hugs!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Terri! They make a bigger model (4-5 people), but it's nearly $6k. Sigh ….
DeleteLovely place! One can never go wrong eating catfish. Trust me, I grew up near The Big River.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I've found my best bets are recommendations from friends … not some faceless critic.
DeleteI thoroughly enjoyed the show and tell, the entire thing. That 'peekaboo' door is sorta like what we had in Deltona. Sherry could not get used to it, could not like it. hahaha.
ReplyDeleteLove the get away spot, and of course i like the floor!
Sherry & jack
Yep, your Sherry's got good instincts! We've something similar on our front door; regularly I cringe when walking past it after dark.
DeleteYou look fabulous!! What a great place to stay! I don't think I could have left it and gone back home!
ReplyDeletebetty
Thank you, Betty! Good thing I love our little home more so than the cabin. (Nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there …)
DeleteWhat a fantastic place to celebrate your birthday! The cabin is beautiful and the scenery is gorgeous! Great photos.
ReplyDeleteWow - - "Kowaliga" is one of the first songs I ever heard as a very small child. My father was a HUGE Hank Williams fan.
Glad you enjoyed the catfish. I love all kinds of fish, but my (few) experiences with catfish were consistently negative. It was completely tasteless.
Perhaps it was prepared wrong???
Perhaps you know by reading Sean's columns, he is also a HUGE fan of the late Mr. Williams. Prior to the other day, the only time I tried catfish was at Cracker Barrel ... totally TASTELESS and 'yuk.' Unfortunately, I've no clue how to prepare it. Perhaps one of the Susan's (above) might weigh in?
DeleteWhat a beautiful place you all vacationed in, Myra. Just love it! And yes, I love knotty pine; it's a mainstay of the cabins we frequently rent in North Carolina. So rustic!
ReplyDeleteBlessings for a great weekend!
Thank you, Martha! A visit to North Carolina is definitely on my radar. I'd love to hear your recommendations someday.
DeleteSomehow I already thought you two has found your permanent vacation spot. After all what is retirement but a vacation! The place you had to vacate to is wonderful though. I could take that kind of living. I'd be like you and could live on the deck. Glad you enjoyed the catfish, even though Tom didn't catch it, it is good when cooked right. Your new flooring is beautiful. Worth the wait for sure ! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs,
'ma'
Aw, thank you! Yes, I'm perfectly happy in our humble home right here in Coosada. At this stage of my life, I couldn't sleep at night were I obligated to pay for a second home. Best left to those on HGTV!
DeleteI really enjoyed your show and tell. your floor is beautiful and it matches PERFECTLY. you are so right about that door, forget the PEEKING in it, do you know how easy it is to break that glass and reach in and open the door? glass in a door is a NOOOOO for me. I love that deck and laughed out loud at the dogs huddled under the deck, I thought they were practicing for tornados since you did not buy that THING... about the storm thingy, what if a tree falls on it? I love the view looking UP at the cabin and really love the view in peaceful photo. I am a knotty pine lover also. that is a really nice house and I could live in it very easily. bob would love the fishing but I don't like cat fish at all. I could live there IF they put in wifi
ReplyDeleteTom said the same thing! "What if one of the big trees were to fall on it?" They had WiFi, but I couldn't live for long looking at the blue kitchen.
DeleteHappy Birthday! We vacationed in a spot for over 18 years where we didn't have TV. We did get a little phone reception but not much. I loved the peace and quiet. Love your new flooring and I hope you enjoyed your pizza!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. Ya, good old peace and quiet is under-rated!
DeleteWhat a nice place to vacation. Happy belated birthday. I love your pretty hair. Mine is gray, too! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up! See you again next week! 💜
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm still trying to get accustomed to not coloring my hair... who IS that person in the mirror?!
DeleteHappy Birthday here although I sent some wishes at the social media site. Your photos and trip details were great! That Sean of the South sure knows all the great lunch and dinner spots. Looks like those cute girls had fun too. I'm glad you had fun. I am happy when I stop by here. Thank you. HUGS
ReplyDelete