With apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein .... "Spring is bustin' out all over!"
Honestly, however, I've not been inclined to fully appreciate each day the way I should.
In short, we nearly had a septic tank emergency the other morning. Thankful for a speedy -- albeit pricey - resolution.
Then on Thursday morning, Macie Ann had another episode. Hours later we were at the vet. Heartbroken to hear, she's in the end stage (of CHF). Not unkindly he said we're looking at weeks, not months.
I slept out in the family room, watching every little while to see if she was still breathing.
Then, go figure! Both yesterday and this morning she's back to acting like a cheerful crispy critter. All the same, Tom and I are taking turns going to the store, etc., neither of us is willing to leave her.
Do you ever save something -- whether it be a verse, a story or an image -- just waiting for an opportunity to share?
This piece has been hanging around my "C" drive for several years. I'm feeling led to post it now ... to absorb and answer these questions. Maybe you'll like it, too?
Gratitude makes everything better!


I am so sorry to hear about Macie Ann. It is so heart-breaking. I am praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder about happiness. An attitude of gratitude goes a long way towards happiness. We often take so many things (and people) for granted. Even God sometimes. Let us pray He forgives us.
God bless you all.
I'm so sorry for Macie Ann...it's heartbreaking to see our pets nearing the end. Broke my heart when our sweet Bella girl had to be put to sleep. I just couldn't watch her suffer from the cancer she had. My prayers for both you and Tom. Yes..I have things saved on my computer and some of them I never go back and look at them. This is a very neat list of things for you to keep and reflect back on. If you don't mind, I would like to save it. Hopefully the septic tank issue did not set you back a lot. I know in our area, plumbers and such are charging very high prices. makes me wish I were a plumber...not really!! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend...Ours is going to be very warm...94 degrees.. hugs Myra
ReplyDeleteOh Myra - I hear you on your sweet Macie. Just this week, after a couple of bad days for Laydee, the husband and I had a big talk. My husband said out loud what I have been thinking. This is possibly her last spring and summer. We don't believe she can make it through winter - even if our winters are quite mild but the dampness. That tore me up. Then like your Macie, she's been chipper and funny - okay she still has trouble walking but she loves us so much! Oh it's so hard.
ReplyDeleteMy dad was in the Trades as a contractor and he used to say, he wanted his daughters to marry a plumber! lol
The gratitude list is very good - thank you for that.
I do love your gratitude list and will be reading it again and again.
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you and your precious Macie Ann. Give her all the love and help she needs.
(((hugs)))
Sue
What GREAT questions to make you think about happiness and love.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry about Macie Ann. That is how Disco died. I am glad you are going to be with her.
And lastly, I am glad you got your septic tank working - not glad about the cost.
It's heartbreaking to see a four-footed member of the family in physical decline. Prayers being sent that you and Tom know when it's time to make a decision.
ReplyDeleteMy heart hurts for you and Tom over the news of your sweet Macie Ann. It is always hard. xo Glad your septic was fixable, even if expensive. That last list of questions you shared is an excellent exercise for anyone on any day. Thanks for sharing it!!
ReplyDeleteGratitude does make us feel better. When I get down, it's the way I improve my mood. Counting my blessings always makes things look brighter. Prayers of comfort for you both and your sweet pups Love, ma
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about Macie Ann! My heart goes out to you. ❤️
ReplyDeleteOh, Myra, how my heart is breaking for you! Macie Ann deserves all the time and attention that Tom and you are giving her during these final moments of her life. I'm convinced that God would have us do nothing less. Praying!
ReplyDeleteI have tears in my eyes, not only for your sweet girl, Macie Ann but for my Beau and for Laydee, and Ojo all in the same time of their short lives. Prayers for you and Tom and for Gracie and Macie. Gracie's heart will be broken. Beau is also escalating .
ReplyDeleteAww...I am so sorry to hear about Macie, that makes me so sad. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I am so sorry about Macie. Prayers for you for the coming days!! Second thing - I thought of you yesterday! When we go to our daughter's house, we get off at the Bass Pro Shop exit and head toward the toll road. We pass a turn to Coosada and there are always so many people turning onto that road!! Are there a lot of neighborhoods down that road or is there a town square area?
ReplyDeleteOH YES, dem fuzzy dudes can surprise you for sure. TAke care and enjoy what you have. Love sent from florida..
ReplyDeleteOh, I do hope your sweet puppy is feeling better and that she will show that doctor a thing or two about life! I'm so glad she rallied, and I pray she will continue to be her same happy self for many more years. We know these things are inevitable, but we give thanks to the Lord for every extra minute, week, month, year we have with those we love...furry or not! And I love your saved page about gratitude. We were just talking about that yesterday in our Ladies' Bible Study.When we have an attitude of gratitude life is so much better. We look for the things that bring joy to our hearts and give us little blessings throughout the day, and when we acknowledge that all these things are gifts from God, we find ourselves thanking Him all the more for even the tiniest little miracles. Saying an extra prayer for you and little Macie and all the family. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteGlad you got a quick recovery on that septic tank. I'm so sorry to hear about Macie Ann. ((HUGS)) Happy to hear that she was acting herself. I like what you shared about gratitude.
ReplyDelete