Friday, March 6, 2026

Friday Letters

 











Dear Robert -

Way to go ... yours was a hard secret for this family to keep!

When we got together for lunch last Saturday, Chloe was saying you were scheduled to be at the Pentagon the next day, unable to call.  Imagine her surprise when you strolled through the back door Sunday afternoon with a big grin and a bouquet of flowers.

I wasn't there, but watching the video?  When you held Penelope and began to cry ... my own eyes began leaking, big time.

May God bless all our men and women in uniform!




Dear Physical Therapists -

We appreciate what you do ... really.  But why do y'all have to look so darn fit and good looking ... like someone who just stepped out of a Cheerio's commercial?   Just once, I'd like to see a middle-aged, therapist with a bit of a pot belly ... maybe nicotine-stained fingers?   (jk, lol)




Dear Kevin Jordan -


Thank you for providing "clean, unfiltered" hours of entertainment!  Anymore, I turn a jaundiced eye to today's so-called comedians.   More often than not, their material (and language) prompts me to get up and leave the room.   

You, on the other hand, had us laughing so hard.  Who'd have guessed (that) material taken from your background as a police officer would be so funny.




Dear God

Your mercies are new every morning!  

How my heart began pounding when I got a call from Lois, saying they'd been in a car accident ... could I come pick them up.   Both vehicles were totaled, but everyone walked away.   

Now I know, she and Troy have concussions but are still praising God for sparing their lives.
You see, none of her air bags deployed!   The vehicle's "exceptional reliability" not so much.  (I'm not sharing details because they're already in consult with an attorney about the air bags.)  Scary stuff.





Thank you, dear friends for visiting!

Big hugs,
Myra 




   



 

 



30 comments:

  1. My goodness, Myra, what a week of highs and lows for you! Such a sweet photo of Robert holding Penelope. I pray for our amazing troops every day, too. Hope everything works out right for Troy and Lois. I know you must have been shaken to the core when you got that call. May your weekend prove to be more peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, keeping Troy and Lois in prayer...and such a special photo of Robert and Penelope. Wishing you a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you left the scary stuff to the end, perfect post once again, witting, and happy and lifted me up. I am so very happy and praise God they are not harmed, even though loss of a vehicle is bad enough. one of bob's PT is overweight, a male. and so is one of the nurses, not horrible just older and showing her age, 25 years as a home health nurse. the rest are fit but not pretty like you and I are.......and definitely not our personalities,, SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do pray for our Troops every day. May your loved one come home safely. It does make us wonder how doctors keep so fit when they do have such stressful work to do. Thankfully they all walked away from that a bad accident. Their guardian angel was watching out for them for sure! Here's to the safety of all those we love. Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew ... and now my eyes are leaking too. That picture of them is beyond precious. I am so thankful for our troops and all they do for us.
    Love the letters and praising the Lord for safety for Lois and Troy.
    Love you my friend
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for understanding, Sue. Robert's not the first -- and certainly not the last -- to be separated from family ... but he's ours.

      Delete
  6. That was so beautiful. I am praying for all of our service people. That's funny about the therapist. I don't know who Kevin Jordan is. I will have to check him out. Nice to hear that they were safe from that accident. That is not good that the airbags did not open. Praying for them. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of Kevin Jordan either, but thankful Tom found this clip. Laughter makes everything better!

      Delete
  7. Praise God Lois and Troy are OK. Praying for them.

    God bless you and your family, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prayers are so very appreciated, Victor. How may I pray for you?

      Delete
    2. It'll take too long to share, Mevely. Please just ask God to keep caring for us. Thanx.

      Delete
    3. Of course; I'm honored to be one of your prayer warriors.

      Delete
  8. OH my! That beginning story and picture of Robert and Penelope was enough right there to get to me. Praise God he's safe at home and I hope he will stay out of harm's way as much as possible these days. I know he's there to do his job, but still, I pray God will keep His hands upon him and keep him safe. So thankful Troy and Lois are okay. That was certainly scary...praise God they weren't seriously injured, but it sounds like it could've been so much worse. Again, thankful for God's protection. Funny about the Physical Therapists...but would you trust them to help you if they did look like that? Really? I want them to live up to their name! LOL. And the comedian? I don't know him, but we may have to check him out. We can always use a good laugh in these tense days. (((HUGS))) for you and your family. Praying for our servicemen and women everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much. I hope you might check out this comedian. Clean comedy's in short supply these days.

      Delete
  9. A week with some great, some good, and some not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm so glad they survived the accident, and prayers about the war. Scary times. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never know, do we? Like the man said, handle with prayer.

      Delete
  11. Thankful for every good thing that happened to you and yours, even the wreck with the better than the "could have been" possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to look for Kevin Jordan. Thanks for the recommendation! Praise God and thanks to all service men and women. That picture is beyond precious! Also praising God that your kiddos are okay after that accident. Hope they get some justice for the defective airbags. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched video - had me laughing! Thanks for that. Oh the sweetness of Robert and Penelope, definitely a tear jerker. So sorry about Lois and Troy's accident. Glad their okay but sometimes it takes a day or two for things to be felt. Again, thanks for the laughs and we sure could use a bit more of that these,days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed that (video), Debby!

      Delete
  14. Oh, my goodness, from high high to low low.
    I was tearing up too. So nice she gets to see and hug daddy.
    I appreciate all service people and I thank them very much.

    Now if your PT was out of shape would you trust him and want him to work on you?

    I had never heard of Kevin - but thank God for some Christian comedians.

    Lastly, I am so sorry about Lois and family. So glad they are okay - but sad about the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know that I'd wanting him working on me ... maybe just some good-natured Rah!-Rah!-Sis!-Boom!-Bah!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!