This week I'm ...
LOVING the new earbuds.
Mind you, I'm not talented enough to build a customized station. I just picked a few artists and asked Pandora to shuffle songs.
Shuffle she did! Everything from Fleetwood Mac, to Casting Crowns to ABBA to Nat King Cole.
There are few chores I loathe more than doing yard work -- but what a difference the music makes! Good thing no-one was watching me rockin' and wiggling out there or they may have suspected I was having a stroke (lol).
APPREHENSIVE about Tom's decision to switch cable and internet providers.
I've been pouting ever since DISH network dropped our local NBC affiliate, so Tom and his buddy tried setting up an indoor antenna -- to no avail.
Cancel that. After much fumbling and finagling they managed to forge a path to the local news --but not so much the network.
He called Spectrum. You know when something sounds too good to be true? Hearing we'd be getting more 'oomph' for less $ -- plus complimentary installation, he was grinning from ear to ear. Then yesterday, an e-mail stating our equipment would be arriving Tuesday (today) together with a "how-to" do-it-yourself video.
Remember those commercials, "Even a cave man can do it!"? I'm not holding my breath! For one thing, the desk in my office probably weighs as much as Tom's truck. In the spring/summer of his life, Tom made a living in telecommunications, but. Nowadays, we're old. Technology's evolved -- and left us behind, coughing exhaust fumes.
So, FedEx just dropped a parcel that looks no more threatening than a dress box. To heck with 'complimentary' installation; there's a technician scheduled to be here tomorrow afternoon.
EXCITED to have Troy and Lois join us for a (day before) Easter dinner. (Robert, Chloe and my favorite toddler are visiting family in Mississippi.)
I planned to serve Publix's baked Mardi Gras wings, only to discover none of the 3 stores in the River Region will have any available before 2 o'clock. Evidently word has spread how good they are.
Plot twist. I'm doing my tried-and-true Mississippi pot roast with Tom's mashed potatoes and salad. I think Lois is bringing a side dish and I want to try a new dessert I saw on FB.
Dump a can of peach slices in the slow cooker, followed by a box of yellow cake mix, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and pats of butter. Cook on high 2 hours and serve with ice cream. (What could go wrong? Right?)
FINALLY,
Yes, I'm still playing with AI.




I LOVE the dog photos!
ReplyDeleteCute AI photo. I am going play with it and see if I can be tall and thin instead of short and wide.
ReplyDeleteLove those doggies in the Easter baskets, Myra! I'm slowly, but surely, getting used to AI for the fun of creativity, but definitely not the intrusiveness. Love those song shuffle selections, too! Blessings, sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to spend time with the family. I wish you and yours a very Happy and Blessed Easter. I like the photos of you lovely dogs.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you all always.
I just got TWO piles of smiles, one each for Gracie and Macie... I prefer yours over Beaus with ears on his head. so cute.
ReplyDeletelunch sounds great to me.. I did no know you got earbuds, tell me about them.. wait, better not, got bills to pay so no need to know. we are now on need to buy mode. ha ha
the dang plumber charged 196 for his 10 minute visit. seems the walk in the door is a minimum fee of 196, plus when I use the debit card they charge 3 % which makes it 202.00.
Mobile Mechanic is coming again.
I ordered myself a rechargeable lawn mower.
wait there is more. oops taking over the blog again
Love the Easter dogs!! Wishing you piles of smiles as well. Yes, back in the DOS days, I could program and write menus for computers. LOL Not anymore. Coughing those fumes is a good way to put it. Glad you have a tech coming to do the install. At least, if it doesn't work, they can't be rolling their eyes at the old geaser who knows nothing about modern technology! Loved your post, Myra! Happy Easter!! xo
ReplyDeleteYes, our weather is like yours, summer in the spring! I'm glad you've got people to share your EAster dinner with! It makes it so much more fun! I I do love your sweet Easter baskets! Meanwhile Happy April Fools Day! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteThe last two photos made me smile from ear to ear!
ReplyDeleteThere are times that I would love to see my wrinkles gone but I don't plan on doing anything about it. Glad you like your earbuds. Changing cable would be huge for me. I'm so set in my ways. We have Spectrum. Enjoy your company. Your dinner sounds delicious and the girls look adorable!
ReplyDeleteThe pups in the Easter basket are priceless! ❤️
ReplyDeleteThe pups are adorable as Easter gifts! I hate when cable companies redo things - to me it is so stressful. I thought you looked wonderful. That sounds like a nice Easter dinner.
ReplyDeleteWay too many times we have ended up having to have our son--in-law come and get us out of predicaments such as your cable. Now days, these companies just assume that everyone is Tech savvy. NOT US. Hope you finally get the service you are expecting. Your Easter meal sounds like a winner to me!! Shame on publix for not having the wings you were looking forward to. Let us know how that dessert turns out. sounds yummy and the best part is that it seems to be easy!! Easter dogs..❤️❤️. Happy Easter Myra.. big hugs..
ReplyDeleteLove your Easter doggies and your plans for dinner. It sounds so perfect to me and I know it will be tasty for everyone.
ReplyDeleteDon't get me started on tech-ie stuff. We just went through a whole scenario 2 nights ago.
We were trying to do our taxes on line (which we have done for the last 5 or so years. Our laptop will not recognize the links says its too old...
So we had to do the entire thing on my iPhone! We were trying to get it done before March 31 midnight to get a discounted rate. Well long story short, the form made us go back and forth so many times and asked different questions than we have ever had before. There was lots of digging for new passwords and info. (we had everything prepped perfectly, or so we thought)
Completion of said taxes was 2AM April 1st ... and that's no April Fools joke ... So we didn't get the discount which we desperately needed. When the Turbo Tax asked for us to take a survey about how things went, Dave let them have it in a very nice but firm way.
Yesterday we got a personal LIVE person call and the gal asked all the right questions and typed a report in Dave's words. She said she was forwarding it to whomever its suppose to go to. Praying we will be favored and will maybe get the discount we need.
Whew ... didn't mean to go into such detail but that's the way things have been lately. We just aren't savvy when it comes to Tech stuff and especially on our new phone ...Sigh...
Hope your day goes well.
Sue
Myra, go to Google and ask for the movie and song Little April Shower from "Bambi" 1942. Its amazing animation and special effects.
DeleteSue
Yes, Publix Mardi Gras wings are the best. As for Spectrum, we have them and yes, we had to set it up ourselves, sigh and hubby is wanting to get rid of cable--sorry, I am not willing. Wishing you a beautiful day. smiles
ReplyDeleteJust reading your post made me smile, and sometimes chuckle out loud!! Don't get me started on technology, boohiss, I've been left behind. Grace and Macie and just too cute in their Easter baskets. Good luck with the new cable and internet, we were on that journey last year. It was a rough road but we made it. :)
ReplyDelete