Today, I'm giving a nod to the old saying, "Imitation's the sincerest form of flattery" (Or, is that Plagiarism?)
Anyway! I'm joining Linda and Billie Jo in their fun 'tell-all' exercise. Remember parlor games?
Maybe you'd like to do the same? I hope so!
Yes, I Can
Listen carefully -- and retain
Read others' body language
Plan
Recall (most) '60's and '70's song lyrics
Broadway scores, too
Enjoy a 'lumberjack breakfast' ... even a 16 oz. porterhouse steak. My appetite isn't particularly feminine, but honestly I'm past the point of caring
Serve as a bad example
On the other hand ...
No, I can't (or won't)
Read out loud in front of others (without my throat closing up)
Feign an interest in baseball/softball
Dance. Someone is always watching!
Read sheet music. In spite of having taken piano and violin lessons for years, nowadays the notes might as well be Egyptian hieroglyphs
Abide watermelon ... any fruit that squirts
Gift wrap pretty-like
Travel by air
Okay, it's your turn!
Hugs, Myra


Myra, I like seeing these kinds of "games". I can't read sheet music either and I once could eat like a lumberjack! That made me giggle!
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
🤭
DeleteWhat a delightful and honest list! I truly enjoyed the balance between self-awareness and humor. Your “I Can”s reflect a deep sense of personality and strength, especially your ability to listen and recall music—very impressive! And I laughed out loud at “serve as a bad example.” On the flip side, your “I Can’t”s were equally relatable—especially the fear of reading aloud and wrapping gifts prettily.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the chuckle and the charm; it’s refreshing to see such authenticity and wit in writing. Keep sharing your voice—it’s a joy to read
🤗
DeleteI can read sheet music and wrap a mean present.
ReplyDeleteI can't keep my eyes from screaming what I am thinking.
What a great way of putting it!
DeleteWould it not be wonderful if everyone was original and there was no plagiarism? You, may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us. And the world will be as one.
ReplyDeleteFree from plagiarism.
I got thrown off a bus for reading out loud. I just pointed at every word in the book and read it out loud. The bus driver said it distracted him and asked me to leave.
A week later, the priest asked me to do the readings in church. I stood by the pulpit and read silently. He got upset and asked to sit in the pew and he did the readings instead.
I can never win ...
God bless, Mevely.
I need to remember that in case Pastor Janet asks me to do a reading!
DeleteI could eat like a lumberjack - especially for breakfast - but I've been majorly cutting down and have lost 42 pounds since September. I don't talk/write about it because that seems to be the end of it when I do... but I'm doing good and eating a whole lot less. One good meal a day and just a couple of snacks now and then. It's working for me. Shhhhhhh.... As for reading in front of people... I don't do anything in front of a crowd. Put me behind the curtain or leave me in the audience! xo
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Terri ... that's significant. Congratulations!!! My Achilles Heel is stress eating. Boredom, too.
DeleteThis one is definitely different. I liked reading your answers.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteI can still walk slowly, I cannot run. I can enjoy lots of different kind of foods. I cannot have salt or sugar in my diet. I can stream church services on line, but can't attend church very often. Thankfully my cans out number the cannots. Love, ma
ReplyDeleteIndeed! I'm so glad you played along, Ma.
DeleteThis list of cans and can'ts sure tells a lot about you, Myra. Thanks for being so upfront and candid here today. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if that's a good thing or bad ... but in this season it's the only way I know how.
DeleteGreat questions Myra.
ReplyDeleteI can read others body language pretty good but I can't read and retain like I used to.
I really can't memorize much at all. That's a real bummer.
I Can never get enough fresh peaches to savor over ice cream.. My very guilty pleasure.
I'm with you on the Lumberjacks breakfast, especially with a steak..yummm
I can't abide liver or the smell of lamb roasting.
I can say that I married the love of my life and we are still plugging along. It will be 62 years in January.
I CAN say that I have the best friends in Blogdom.
I CAN'T imagine being without each and every one of them.
Sue
Wonderful answers, Sue! I should have added a caveat, I only retain that what I'm interested in. 62 years is such a blessing! I love your closing lines ... and feel just the same!
DeleteThat was an interesting way to learn more about Myra! We are alike in a lot of ways - we like and can do a lot of the same and I can't do a lot of the things you can't. I love to watch dance - but I can't dance!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we're friends!
DeleteThat reminds me of Austin Kleon's book, Steal Like an Artist. I love watermelon, it's my guilty pleasure, but I don't like meat very much and seldom eat it. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to look for that one!
Deleteyour I can list everything is on my Cant list.
ReplyDeleteI can't listen or retain what is said if I do.
I can't eat a lumberjack breakfast
I can't remember the lyrics to any songs other than kindergarten songs I used to sing with 2 year old, like itsy bitsy spider.
I can't drive in heavy traffic now
I can't eat ONIONS, not even the pizza that I pick the onion off of. Dan, Michelle and Bob loved the pizza that I did not touch, white sauce with green peppers, onion and other STUFF
I can read and speak in front of others, and most of all I CAN talk a person crazy because I can't shut up, even writing a comment. ha ha
Oh, but your keen eye and powers of observation are superior to most people!
DeleteI love liver is someone else cooks it, and I took can read a person way to well...
ReplyDeleteThey don't print enough money for me to eat liver!
DeleteAs Sam would say about me: "You can do anything that YOU want to do!" He says that if I want to do I find a way, if it's not something I want to do, I find every way possible not to do it. So...with that being said, I can do most things! But: I Can't deal with throw up...can't clean it up. I can't eat LIVER...I can't do heights...Oh....and I CAN"T do Raw onions! My list of can't do's is bigger than I thought...LOL
ReplyDeleteRight there with you on liver ... but I'll take all the raw onions you don't want. (*grin*)
DeleteYou made me think of the delicious t bone steak I sent to my hubby from the Longhorn Steakhouse. That reminded me of the ole days going to Bonanza. Rebekah was a small girl and she loved the $9.99 t bone and her daddy, her twin would always let her get it. Memories, memories, good ones too. We've been lazy. Zach had a nice bonus so they took us out to Cinzetti's one night and than Red Robin. I thought of you as Avery & I shared onion rings. hmmmm.....Noelle took us to Las Delicious last Friday and I ordered a fried ice cream not realizing Harrison and Shea never had one. Wait til I get that grandson of mine. Withholding such a pleasure from his children. Those two ate 80 percent of that ice cream. In fact Avery & I were afraid we might be get bitten by Shea! That girl is one of a kind. A rare gem. Celebrating summer ..... Oh gosh I talk too much. It is true! Love you my friend
ReplyDelete