Outside my window?
I'll take this!
From the test kitchen --
The instructions read, "Organic preferred."
OK, I bought 7 ...
Notice anything missing?
Only 2 itty-bitty seeds in the lot!
Nevertheless, I've watered and tented ... and spoke softly. The rest is up to God.
This is why I was never cut out to be a kindergarten teacher!
(re) Reading --
Alex Michaelides'
The Fury
The Fury
Yes!
While I'd give the story itself a C (maybe a C+), the teller's narrative immediately sucked me in.
Because it belongs to the Public Library, I went out on eBay and bought my own copy.
Now, at leisure, I can underline and highlight to my little heart's content. I've unintentionally become a collector of quotes.*
Perhaps someday a child or grandchild will pick it up and know more about me. Or not; that's ok.
Michaelides says, "We are all unreliable narrators of our own lives."
Looking forward --
To seeing Troy and Lois.
They're coming over Saturday with meat-lovers pizza and I'll put out the wine and throw together a big salad.
They're coming over Saturday with meat-lovers pizza and I'll put out the wine and throw together a big salad.
Meanwhile ...
I've got to wrest the remote from Tom's hand and run back to the VA for another audiology fix.
... then check out Publix's BOGO's and whatever temptations lay in the deli. Pick me! Pick me!
Y'all be good!
Hugs, Myra
* If anyone's interested, here's an example.





I'm assuming you are trying to grow a lemon tree from the 2 seeds? Sam is what I call the king of growing lemon trees...the harvest this year was huge and oh my goodness, there is no comparison in the lemons he grows and the ones in the store. I never knew lemons could be so good. I laughed when I read about you highlighting in the book...this is what I do. I have to in order to fully understand what I am reading...I underline the words and go back and re-read them several times. Pizza sounds good right about now!! Enjoy your company and your trip to the grocery store....get some good bargains.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool about Sam growing lemon trees, Shug. Does he sell them online, perhaps? I saw something on the Today Show about ordering a lime or lemon tree for mom on viacitrus.com.
DeleteYes, I've read many books where something so profoundly stands out to me that I find I'm overwhelmed in the moment. Enjoy your pizza with your "kids" when they visit, Myra. And yes, what are you using all those lemons for? Asking for a friend - LOL! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteLOL! It was something I saw on Facebook: How to grow a lemon tree in a cup. It looked easy enough, but time will tell!
DeleteThat is interesting about the lemons. I've never heard of that book but I like how you embraced it. I'm not a reader. Enjoy your pizza with Troy and Lois. Enjoy shopping at Publix.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Debby.
DeleteI clicked on your link and read quotes from the book. I can understand why you want your own copy to highlight!
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't happen so often!
DeleteI read the quotes - those are good! Those are beautiful lemons - how interesting about the seeds!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that weird? I wonder if it's not because they're 'organic.'
DeleteI love lemons and get them all the time - but mine have seeds. Shug's lemons sounds so good.
ReplyDeleteCan you believe Martha and her husband and Rick and I had pizza together for lunch. Found out that we live about a mile a part!
I love to mark in books - what are you reading?
Oh my goodness, what a small world! Wish I was there!
DeletePS - I've just begun another of Michaelides' books, "The Maidens."
Marking in a book is the best way to read it, then to add your own thoughts to it too, because sometimes without the explanation I wonder why I thought that quote was so good..(:0)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your family time and yumm, pizza sounds so good to me right now.
Sue
I'm so glad you can relate! Hugs!
DeleteI am a quote collector also! Though I write the ones I collect in one of those black and white composition books.
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I've one of those somewhere. Because I'm left-handed, spiral notepads never work for me.
DeleteI mark in my Bible but books no unless it is really profound. I’m using those transparent sticky notes instead and I love them.
ReplyDeleteI looked up your town and you are 2 hours away from my sister-in-law in Cullman which is north. I doubt I’ll be going back there anytime soon (need that stupid real ID - unless you live near a military base, I could use my space-a-flights. Maybe one day we could meet halfway.
I'm in! Wouldn't that be great fun?
DeleteI live between cullman and coosada. Can I be in too?
DeleteYou betcha! 😄
DeletePublix BOGOs are the best!! I love my gel markers because they work great in my Bible and don't bleed through the pages. My books are all on my Kindle where I can highlight digitally when something moves me. I need to go look up your book and the author. Thanks for the recommendation!! Sending a hug!
ReplyDeleteHUGS, Terri! 🤗
DeleteEnjoy the pizza with Troy and Lois. Meat lovers is one of my favourites. (Salads too!).
ReplyDeleteHave you managed to grow a plant from seeds? We've managed to grow a couple of apple trees (now 6 inches tall).
Try pomegranates. Plenty of seeds there, although you have to wash them thoroughly before planting. Ours has now grown outdoors into a bush.
God bless.
Wow, I'm impressed. Yours must be happy grounds.
DeleteI read a lot and use quotes a lot in my blog, They often have some good advice in them. Here we shop at HEB. I think Publix must only be in Florida and surrounding states. Pizza with family sounds wonderful! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteYou certainly find some great quotes, Ma. I enjoy reading them!
DeleteWe are having pizza tonight...digiornos from the dollar general. LOL. I will fix it up a bit to make it better since hubby went to buy it and couldn't find a supreme. Oh, those quotes! Yes, I went and read them. Now I understand why you are highlighting! Sounds like a deep book!! And let us know how the lemon trees work out! I asume you will have to transfer them to a bigger pot eventually! LOL. But that's a fun idea! Enjoy your Mother's Day pizza with your kids this weekend. Happy Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much ... it was a delightful day!
DeleteHappy Mother's Day! I love finding quotes. I have two boards of them at Pinterest! Not a huge fan, as most are of the new pope but I have read up on him and the three previous ones. All I know is God does not approve of some of the stuff. Plus this guy loves climate control, I guess his faith is in the earth and not the Lord. i say this because some quotes I love are from Fulton J Sheen an archbishop. When I was in my late teens when he passed away. None of us are perfect but I draw the line at some of the sweeping under the rug at the church. Not my place to judge but my eyes are open to so much others don't think much of . Me & my shares. As a girl raised Catholic I am forever grateful to the older Catholic priest who taught me in grade 2 that Jesus died for me, no one else. That kindly older priest hooked me on Jesus as a little child. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful role model!
DeleteI love Publix, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful Happy Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteThank you, dear lady!
DeleteAbout profound writings, I feel that way often when reading many stories by Agatha Christie and Charlotte Bronte. I have to stop for a moment and think about what she just wrote. I wish I could write like that.
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been so quiet. Steve's little sister (only 59 yrs old) is dying of a neurological disease that mimics M.S. caused by 'the jab'. Doc said there is no cure. We are preparing ourselves for the worst. It's only a matter of time. At least she has given her heart to Jesus. She will probably be in Heaven before either of us. That is comforting.
Fun post. Hope your day is blessed. 😊
No apologies necessary! I'm so sorry about your SIL; was looking forward to her relocating nearer y'all.
DeleteI must have seen the same experiment weeks ago for the Lemon Tree. So far nothing. Maybe it's a lesson in faith. Happy Mother's Day! We had pizza today, too. Tonight we're having baked apples topped with maple syrup, vanilla ice cream with Frangelico. What a celebration!
ReplyDeleteYour supper has my mouth watering! I've not tasted Frangelico in years and years. Way to go, girlfriend!
Delete