... that sometimes defy logic.
A few weeks before Christmas I took myself to the Vintage marketplace, $20 burning a hole in my pocket ... waiting for unlikely cheer to jump off the shelf. Have you ever said, "I don't know what I'm looking for ... but I'll know it when I see it."
As sometimes happens, nothing captured my fancy.
Yet once I stopped searching, cheer found me. This last week, for instance.
Several years ago I fell in love with the salt and pepper shakers at Grits Cafe. I took a photograph but never found anything like them ... until I thought to search using my 'lens' app.
eBay to the rescue!
A bit of rust (not shown on the sales site ... oh well).
I'm not normally big on purses, but when I spotted this at an estate sales for only $3? Mine!
With pockets!
Even the lining looked brand new.
For the price of a pizza, guess who got to spend last Saturday afternoon with this 6-week old love.
Penny for Penelope's thoughts!
Not new, but these, too, are a few of my favorite things --
Old textured walls at my favorite burger 'joint'
Coosa Cleaver, Wetumpka
Vintage doorknobs
and funky keys
It's heavy ... perhaps suitable for use as a weapon (lol)
T-t-t-t-hat's all, folks!
Hugs, Myra









It would be nice to have an additional skeleton key for the desk in the living room, but I have no idea how I'd go about finding one that actually works.
ReplyDeleteLoved this post, Myra!! One of these days, I'm going vintage shopping with you. 2025 is the year!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this post so much. I love fun and unusual things, especially vintage stuff that reminds us of wonderful days of yore. I love the doorknob of course!! But Penelope is the prettiest baby girl ever! So sweet and precious! Oh! I'd love to hold a new baby again someday!!! Hey, I love your salt and pepper shakers too! So cute! And that purse is a steal of a deal! Just don't let anyone grab it from you! It's really nice!!! This was fun...thanks for sharing. I love the old wall and that table top too!! This was fun.
ReplyDeleteYes Ma'am, I say that all the time! Most of the time I don't find a thing in the world that speaks to me.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty baby and I know you thoroughly enjoyed your time with her. Oh and the meme is awesome! My weird little heart loves it!
Grace & Peace,
Pam
I love little Pennelope. I am not sure what the eye thing is on the computer - but I am glad you found the sale and pepper shakers. That key could be used as a weapon is someone stole you! lol
ReplyDeleteI very often don't know what I'm looking for, but I do know when I see it. That"s the best way to shop.
ReplyDeleteSalt and pepper shakers are interesting collector's items. There are infinite varieties.
I like old doorknobs and keys.
Yup, most of those old heavy keys can be dangerous weapons......🙂
I say that all the time! “I’ll know it when I see it”
ReplyDeleteOh what a sweet baby! Penelope is beautiful. I love to hold babies! Great buy on the purse.
I love the last picture and quote. Does loving my stuffed animals count?
ReplyDeletecongrats on finding your cheer! Penelope can be a huge part of cheer, so sweet and cute.. I love vintage, especially things that would look good in a log cabin.. a lot of the vintage things are from my childhood. ha ha ha ha ha.. wish we were in the same place and could hit the vintage stores.. love that brick wall. are you using the s and p shakers or just to collect and enjoy. great deal on the purse. one I would like also. don't leave it sitting open in the basket at Walmart, I saw a lady do that and admired her wallet and phone etc . I wanted to say something but bit my fix everything lips and here I am not biting my lips.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely baby. Bless her.
ReplyDeleteWhy is it sometimes we feel like needing/wanting something yet we don't know what it is? I would probably have spent those $20 on chocolate. Do they make purses or salt/pepper shakers out of chocolate?
God bless.
So happy that you did find your Cheer...Makes you feel down right good doesn't it? Would you believe that Old Keys and Old Door knobs, are exactly what I look for when I am antiquing. There is just something about them that reminds me of my childhood and my grandfathers house. And...old brick walls...Oh my goodness....I think they are the coolest! Wish I had one in our home. You really got your money's worth with the cost of the Pizza! I mean, it just does not get any better than having pizza and getting to love on our babies. Happy Feb 1st
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful for you that you got a time to spend with Penelope. What adorable baby she is.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great February! Love, ma
I personally have nothing that keeps me weird. I mean, doesn't everyone have a monkey butler in their foyer?
ReplyDeleteI prefer to just think of myself as delightfully odd
Penelope is an absolute doll, Myra! And I don't think your arm had to be twisted by pizza to want to spend time with her. That purse was a great find, and I do love the S & P shakers, too, All good deals. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteLove all the wild and weird things in your post. Actually they aren't weird they are wonderful, especially that doorknob. We have Dave's folks vintage glass doorknobs but I have never seen one like this one. The delicate placement on the doily is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSue
Nice find. Penelope is adorable. You have very interesting taste. I like it!
ReplyDeleteThe key 'weapon' made me think how I have my own self-defense in a leather NRA purse.
ReplyDeletePenelope is adorable! What a sweetie.
Nice S&P shakers. Ours are crystal, I think, or they look like that. They're not really practical as Steve had to enlarge the holes when first purchased. They didn't share their contents easily before that.
Blessings. 💓
OH YES! they are so SWEET at 6 weeks old. Just got to cuddle 'em.
ReplyDeleteI get a kick out of antique door knobs myself... Hope all is well, we are warming up down this way!
Love and the best to y'all.
What an awesome post, my friend. Wishing you a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling baby!! I really love that burger place wall.. wow.
ReplyDeleteaahhh she is so precious, Precious Penelope♥ Great finds at great prices, I love to go thrifting. Vintage doorknobs is my thing, I have a glass one on display simply because I like looking at it.
ReplyDelete