Wednesday, January 15, 2025

Watercooler Wednesday

 


Welcome back to January's edition of
Watercooler Wednesday!



📖




Since many of us are content to while away these Winter days with a good book, I wonder...


If you had to exist inside a novel,
which one would it be?
(Dream along with me ...)








Please keep warm and well!
Hugs, Myra









 

15 comments:

  1. Hmmmm .... I think I have to ponder that one for a while. Nothing is jumping to my mind for having to live in that story..
    To Be Continued..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know it wouldn't be "Gone with the Wind". LOL. You didn't say which one you would be in. I don't know the name of a novel that I'd like to live in, but it would be something where I lived happily ever after! It would probably be set in the 1800's, perhaps in England, but it wouldn't be "A Christmas Carol", or "David Copperfield", or "Oliver Twist". (none of Charles Dickens stories, that is!) And I'd be well to do, living in a beautiful country estate, but I'd be very benevolent and kind and our "servants" would be more like family. It would be a very lovely romance story with a lot of adventure and excitement, and maybe even a bit of a mystery, but like I said before, I'd live "happily ever after" no matter what. Oh, and I would definitely be a Christian and so would my "Prince Charming". So now, that could be a lot of different Christian fiction romance stories. I just don't know the name of it. How's that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone was so thin in those watercooler days.

    A novel. Hmm. Best to pick something exciting. There is a Star Trek episode (The Royale) where a man is trapped inside a poorly written novel and it drives him mad. Well, maybe not mad, more sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a challenging question, Myra, and I'm not at all certain that I can answer it. In a strange way, I'm really in the ones I wrote because all the characters were influenced by people and places I know. That may sound egotistical, but you asked!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't pick one, I live every book I read, and I love living in past times, in books, I love action and thrillers and books I would never want to live in real life. its safe to be in a thriller, or a Baldacci Book, all the Westerns I loved, but is sure do not want to live back anywhere in the past. I love spy movies, spy novels, cops and robbers, but don't want to live it in real life... good question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay the first thing that popped into my mind was not a novel but a children’s book I grew up with called Little Bear. Years later when my sons were little and I had my daycare, Nick Jr had the adorable series that I loved, probably more than the children. The illustrations were so cute.I wouldn’t mind being neighbors with Little Bear and his mother who was always baking and placing the hot pie in the open window. The fresh baked aroma would drift over to my little cottage while I’m in my flower garden. Sure I might have some interesting animal friends like No-Feet, a cute snake 🐍 and Owl, Cat, Hen…
    lol - you asked!!!

    .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a reader so I don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really tough question. And when I get a tough question, my mind goes blank.
    I guess I'd like to be in an epic love story - I think. lol
    Do you have a book you'd like to be in?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because of my chronic eye strain I don't read novels, but I like the idea of a friendly children's book. Richard Scarry comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is your answer to that questions, Myra? Gosh, I really don't think I can answer it. How about my own story... right here where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe I am a living character existing in a novel right now, and it is read by a unicorn sitting by a warm fire on a winter's night.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course it is tough, but I would live in Executive Orders, I think the first REAL book I ever read, I was on a mission to help my son get custody of his son I was 2000 miles away from Sherry back home. I was not a reader other than paperback westerns, while aboard ship. I saw this giant book, I thought I will be here months maybe, It will take me a year to read this! I reade it in a week and was hooked on real authors, that one was Clancy. I am back on westerns and need to upgrade. LOL Love from down here...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the 1960's New Orleans world of Ignatius J Riley in the book A Confederacy of Dunces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stand with Sue on this one. I will have to think on this and get back with you. Interesting to see in the comments what others have chosen. Truthfully, I think my own life story could become a Novel. OR...perhaps it would have to be a comic book! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been reading about a family who have a B&B on the coast in the Florida Keys . I could imagine myself there as a visitor. I like being warm sitting on the beach, it's my favorite place to be. Hope all is well for you. Love, ma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!