Monday, October 14, 2024

From both sides now

 



In this season of our lives Tom and I are carefully choosing our battles.  
We've already made significant (necessary) improvements to our home, but ... the list is long.
What to leave in, what to leave out?




Our home's previous owners' tastes may not be for everyone -- but I fell in love with the kitchen borders... the family room's tray ceiling and accent wall .... even the living room's bold paint scheme.


Unfortunately, in the time it took for us to make an offer, the owners decided a neutral palette would be more marketable.  They stripped the paper, repainted the rooms.  (Yes, I may have cried like a grown-up baby woman.)


Here are a few before (top) and after images.


For months I searched for the same border -- to no avail.





Sun room - then v.
Now
Still playing with my Photosphere app



The office (my happy place) is long overdue for an egg-basket turnover.  Think, a kitchen junk drawer on steroids.

My plans aren't expensive, but I practically get the vapors wondering how to be rid of some heavy/ugly furniture we inexplicably brought along from Arizona.  Defunkify the lot!



Maybe I should just leave well enough alone and do my wishing in AI?

Straight from my imagination, here are a few of my favorite spaces.



All I want is this room somewhere.

Lose the chandelier and I'd move in tomorrow.

or here!


I can smell this picture!

cue Mary Hopkin, please.




How far we've come from coloring books and 
dollhouses.

Do you AI?
You can find a path right here:
designer.microsoft.com/image-creator




Dear God ...


Hugs, Myra

 



31 comments:

  1. I love that you added your dogs to the AI rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that rustic kitchen with all the harvest laid out. I stayed at a B&B once with a similar kitchen .
    And I agree with Kathy - cute you added your dogs in the AI photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You know Mary Hopkin? I did not realise her song made it big in the US. A favourite of mine when I'm feeling low and thinking of the past. A quick shot of whisky (or Drambuie) soon wakes me up.

    Ah ... those were the days all right.

    By the way; your home is wonderful as it is.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that song, and probably still have her CD around here somewhere. Together with Al Martino's 'Come Share the Wine', I'm transported to a certain cafe bar in Tuscany. Those were the days!

      Delete
  4. As you know, I am at the beginning of having new floors installed in my entire house. My mind is flying off in all directions as I get ideas about changing furniture layouts, pulling a piece from one place to another, or just getting rid of a few things. Making me a bit nuts. We do have a local moving company that will pick up furniture you don't want anymore and they drop it off at one or another thrift stores (non-profits). Anyway, all that to say I feel your pain. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I'm going to see if there's not something like that here. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Those AI photos are so cute. I'm sorry that they changed things on you before you made your decision. I do love the patio. I have so much to get rid of and I just can't face it. Mark wants to help but I know he wants to get rid of everything I've kept. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't make any big decisions until you're ready inside. You'll know when it's time. Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Your 'wants' reflect mine. Those are lovely choices, especially with the doggies. I'm afraid to try the dream for anything new. I might actually do it and lighten our wallets too much. Not a good plan for us right now. *giggle* I'll stay with my faux Farmhouse/eclectic/what-was-I-thinking look for now. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Pam! Gotta count my blessings -- and leave the rest to Him.

      Delete
  7. HaHa... I love Sparky's comment about her faux Farmhouse/eclectic look. I believe that describes our home to a T.
    My wish list for different in our home is long.. but our wallet is far too short so it will stay as is.
    I haven't tried AI and am not sure I will get into it. Its fun for dreaming but there's just something about it in the Real World..its hard to know what is real and what is not.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about real v. AI! Playing 'dollhouse' I think is relatively harmless, but I'm wary of that which exists in our schools and workplaces.

      Delete
  8. I loved Mary Hopkin, too, Myra! It's definitely a small world, isn't it? I do love your AI dream photos, too, especially with your dogs featured. Your imagination serves you well, my friend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sad they ruined the parts of the house that you loved. You were so close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Protect me from what I want."

    That is a powerful message. Makes me think of another: Sometimes no is the best answer to a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Garth's splendid song lyric, "I thank God for unanswered prayers."

      Delete
  11. Wow, I love your AI dream drawings! I could enjoy any of those settings just fine! But your home is lovely as it is, and it IS home! Where you live and love and make memories...and write great blog posts! Whatever you decide to do or not do will be fine, because it will be what you want to do within the realistic dreams of your mind. I enjoyed dreaming along with you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I do love our little old home, warts and all.

      Delete
  12. Please, don't go beating yourself up, Sandie! You can type in as many words as you'd like. I think my first 3 I wrote, "Winter chalet, snow, icicles, roaring stone fireplace, overstuffed furniture and Maltipoo dogs. Like Etch-a-Sketch, you can revise as long as you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do not use AI. I drive myself crazy with a pen and pepper sketching what I want to change. If I used AI to help generate ideas I am not sure I would ever leave the computer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked all your choices. I'm not a fan of white walls. My daughter has them here. She says that way she can just add throws, pillows, and pictures for the pop of color she wants. I always loved wall paper but it is a chore when you have to take the old stuff off. I've never used AI much at all but keeps popping up with ideas on facebook recently. I also love looking through magazines to get new ideas on decorating. I usually go with holiday themes around my house and I miss that with no longer having a place of my own. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with your home. Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ma! Can you, perhaps, wallpaper your bedroom ... even one accent wall?

      Delete
  15. so sad that they changed some of the things you loved but I know you are very happy with your beautiful home. I would gladly take any of the places you have imagined.. beautiful. I am not very familiar with AI ....I might need to explore there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. no AI, BUT imma say I love the way you did that using those puppies. Sweet, YES! You did great. yes it is fall, we head to Florida in a couple days. Still am sorta messed up. May improve in Florida where I have LESS to think about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lifting prayers for travel mercies ... and happy days!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!