Hey there ... happy Friday!
Aren't those Spider lilies gorgeous? Every year about this time they spring up overnight ... not unlike the mythical village of Brigadoon. Tom suggested I walk across the drive and bring some inside -- not realizing legend has it they're a representation of an evil world. Other names include "dead confederates" or "the flower of death."
I'm not really superstitious but draw the line at bringing a death flower inside.
💫
Okay! After I mused about bringing life to my white hair, some of y'all asked for evidence.
Having zero training didn't deter me from playing with temporary color.
Don't these names sound like a Disney princess? LOL!
When 'bashful blonde' failed to make an impression, I decided a bolder, 2-tone look was in order.
Pebbles anyone?
Days after the fact, I'm thinking this is darker than what I'd like ..,
but that's the beauty of rinse. I can stick my head under the kitchen sink and wash that stuff right out-a my hair.
Improv!
..... not unlike my approach to cooking.
💫
Speaking of which .....
Surveying the state of our crisper drawer (aka, vegetable hospice), I grabbed a new box of chicken broth and got to hacking and whacking. Admittedly, frozen Tyson fajita strips aren't as tasty as a rotisserie chicken, but the extra ginger, cumin and tumeric I poured sprinkled on top made a nice difference. That, and a couple spoonsful flash-frozen Hatch.
Oh, by the way! I just finished my breakfast/lunch and this time made time to add a heaping tablespoon full of Duke's mayo to the (raw) eggs. Talk about rich and fluffy! Have you tried that yet?
💫
What else?
I was pretty impressed by something a lady friend said while at study last Monday.
Given the horror stories coming out of North Carolina and neighboring states, I thought this was pretty good.
"God may not remove our mountain, but he provides us with climbing gear."
Wishing y'all a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Myra
I think you are so brave to color your hair on your own, Myra. At least, if you don't like it, it can be changed with a simple rinse. And I do love what the woman in your Bible study said. God gives us what we need to help others; we simply have to get on it and do it.
ReplyDeleteBlessings for a great weekend!
Not so brave ... probably just bored. LOL!
DeleteRinses are not so bad, as you said; you can just wash it out. I am enjoying my hair color. It is silvery white. Sometimes, I put this blue conditioner stuff on so it makes it really shine. I have finally become a blue-haired old lady which is fine with me.
ReplyDeleteToo bad there wasn't something called "face-lift in a box." Just rub some cream all over your face and neck, wait 30 minutes, wash it off, and no more wrinkles and a sagging neck - Of course, then we still wouldn't be happy. We'd demand "Tummy tuck from a box" and well, you know the rest....
Great ideas, Debby!
DeleteThat's a great quote and one to keep in mind often. As for your hair, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I have embraced my white, but mainly because it is one less thing I need to mess with!! LOL Keep us posted on you final decision. Either color looks good, but so does your natural...
ReplyDeleteAw, thank you! xo
DeleteIt is great that you can color your hair and if it's not what you want, wash it out. I have seen a lot of elderly women in our area (lately) with all kinds of colored hair. Green, red, pink, and blue mostly. I guess October is a month that anything goes for hair color. I know yours looks great and the key is you liking it. We have a lot of spider lilies growing around here. I always enjoying seeing them. Happy Weekend....
ReplyDeleteYou remind me of that scene from Thoroughly Modern Millie -- Anything goes!
DeleteI am very much a seat of my pants type of cook.
ReplyDelete👍... we're not in Home Ec anymore!
DeleteMy hair still hasn't turned white, and I am waiting to see what it does when it does. Being a natural redhead, it will probably be a mousy mix of red, white, yellow, brown and who knows what? Actually my red has faded into brown long ago, but once in a while a red hair emerges to remind everyone about my natural temperament. LOL. Have fun with your experiments. It looks good from what I can see! And your soup sounds good too. I like the quote at the end too. May God provide so many who are suffering with the climbing gear they need to get up and get out of the mess and depression they are in. It's such a sad sad situation. My heart breaks everytime I watch tv.
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks great! Joining you in prayer for our fellow Americans' suffering.
DeleteHave fun playing with color. I used a rinse and had lilac hair for a couple of days. I loved it Anne in the kitchen
ReplyDeleteHow fun you are! 😀
DeleteWhat a good idea to try a color and then if you don't like it to be able to wash it out. What color did you decide?
ReplyDeleteNo death flower inside for me either.
And I cut my veggies today and made soup - but I had just bought them yesterday.
Thanks, Sandie. I think I'm going to stick with the 'Bashful Blonde."
DeleteHow fun to be able to change your color so easy and then rinse it out. Great way to figure out what you like. I love Brigadoon with Gene Kelley, right? Great story.
ReplyDeleteRight! I'm so glad someone else remembers that story.
DeleteI didn't know that about spider lilies!
ReplyDeleteMe, either!
DeleteI think your hair looks wonderful. I never heard of mayo in an omelette. I'll try that sometime; although I can't imagine the taste.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, God provides us with help when we have mountains to climb.
God bless you and yours, Mevely.
Thank you, Victor! I whisk the mayo with the eggs real fast-like before pouring them in the skillet; I think it makes them taste richer. Let me know if you decide to try that!
DeleteGreat blog
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeletePlease read my post
ReplyDeleteI haven't changed my hair color since I turned 50 and decided to let it grow out to my natural color. I'm basically lazy and don't like to mess with my hair. I'm going to have to try the mayo in my eggs just to see how it is. I like them fluffy when scrambled. Our trees are all still green and it looks like summer not fall at all here. It's still hot too but I'm letting my hair grow out a little longer in anticipation of fall weather. Hope you enjoy your FALL THERE. Love, ma
ReplyDeleteGood for you on trying different colors. I like them both. I am a natural strawberry blond. So far I have streaks of white or maybe its silver threads among the gold..
ReplyDeleteLove the quote from your friend Kathy G. I definitely am a seat of the pants cook too. Its just not my thing but I do what I "gotta" do.
Continued prayers for all of those involved in the hurricane destruction. Its so sad and just plain awful.
Sue
Silver and gold ... I love that!
DeleteI agree, I wouldn't bring them inside with that reputation. You look nice. I get my hair colored because I've always had a blah brown color so I add blond into it. Recently it didn't seem like it was growing out and as it turns out I had lots of gray coming in. So I'm still get 2 tones put into it but at some point I need to let it go gray. Glad your dish came out okay. Yes, a roast chicken is always delicious. I'm not into cooking these days. That's interesting about the mayo. I'll have to try that. That's an interesting saying. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletePlease let us know how you like it.
DeleteI had no idea Fanciful still existed!!! WOW!!!! Anyway, wishing you a lovely Saturday my friend.
ReplyDelete😘
Delete