Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 


... in the nicest way, that is! 

Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of hte blogosphere.  Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions.  Cheers to all of us thieves!





What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?

Imperfect believer ... political conservative ... 
animal lover


What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?

That the milk delivered in brown bottles tasted better
because they came from brown cows.


Thinking of school classes, which were your favorites and least favorites?

I loved English and journalism.
Not so much math and the sciences.


What is your favorite fast food?

McDonald's sausage and egg biscuit.


What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?

Travelling Wilbury's "End of the Line"




Have you ever taken martial arts classes?

Not exactly.
I once attended a weekend seminar (Tony Robbins) where we were encouraged to break boards with the side of our hand.

Epic fail.


Does your life tend to get better or worse, or does it just stay the same?

Imagine, if you will (said in sotto Rod Serling voce)

..... a Roller-coaster.  An EKG, even.


What arts and crafts have you tried and decided you were bad at?

Knitting.
Calligraphy, too.  (The side of my left hand absorbed more ink than the page.)


What is the truest thing that you know?

"Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells us so."


Are you more of a giver or a taker?

I delight in choosing and giving gifts that I think my loved ones will appreciate.

Taking often feels selfish. Awkward.


Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?

I try to.


What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Frozen shoulder.


What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Nope, not going there.


What is your favorite line from a movie?




Can you eat with chopsticks?

No, but not for lack of trying.




Thanks so much for visiting!  Y'all have a great new week!


Hugs, Myra

36 comments:

  1. I also love, love, love animals. Your doggies are so cute! 🦮

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I ran. a tutoring center for teens I would ask every new student if they preferred English/reading based or math/science classes. Every one of them had a definite preference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your answers and that sausage egg biscuit is the only thing I love at McDonald's. That's funny about the brown bottle and brown cows. I think as seniors we are always om that roller coaster ride. I love the "Jesus Loves Me" saying so much. I can't do chopsticks either but James can do them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. End of the Line has made me teary. Roy, George and Tom are all gone. And we're all imperfect believer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still get teary seeing George looking so happy and healthy.

      Delete
  5. Our answers to the first question are the same, it would be great to sit down and chat with you. Love the Traveling Wilburys. Jesus loves me, that is true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting answers Mevely as we learn more about you.

    I took martial arts classes once trying to break boards and bricks with the side of my hand. Epic fail, as you say.

    One night I was mugged and attacked. As I fell to the ground I found a brick nearby, so I tried to break it with the side of my hand ... failed at that too.

    I tried to get my money back from the college. They refused. So we agreed to move to another class - carpentry.

    Again, on the way home one night I was mugged. I offered to build the attacker some shelves!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't thought of "Bridges" in a long time. Great movie and I read the book first. Myra, I enjoyed reading your answers. Tough questions today. Love & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one always hits all my emotions. Praying she opens the truck's door ....

      Delete
  8. I love the Traveling Wilburys. I knew Tom Petty, I actually grew up with his cousins, the Howard kids down the street. grin. Before he started making it big, him and the band would hide out at his aunt and uncles (the Howard kids) --he was such a nice guy. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the truest thing that you know?

    "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells us so."

    💙

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm an exuberant puppy at heart. Does that count? 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. the strangest thing i believed was that what ever i prayed for would happen. I prayed to turn into a boy until I was 10, when it dawned on me it would never happen.

    Favorte Burger, Culvers

    can't type for laughing at me and martial arts. brahahaha, i can barely walk the dog.

    I am on the roller coaster with you

    the list of crafts i tried is to long for this post.

    THE MOST PAINFUL wa having a 9 lb 10 oz baby boy in a military hospital in 1965.. 2nd was surgery in 2002.

    Go Ahead, Make My Day! Clint Eastwood

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your answers. I'm like you and can't use chopsticks either, although I've often tried. Jesus Loves Me, is a song I sing quite often when I'm upset or worried. It brings me back to Him always! I love your first answer "Imperfect Believer". Thank goodness we don't have to be perfect, because He is and His blood covers us and makes us perfect in God's eyes. Amazing Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to sit and sing that to my pups every morning. (Not sure why I stopped.)

      Delete
  13. I love the McDonald's sausage and biscuit too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite school classes were history and art and math was a challenge (and then some!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me 60-some years to appreciate (and take an interest in) history.

      Delete
  15. I haven't had one in forever, Myra, but I do love a sausage and egg biscuit from McDonald's. We will be travelling in August to see the grands, so maybe I'll get one while we're on the road.
    I, too, am conservative and an imperfect believer, inviting Jesus' presence into my life each and every day.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we moved from Arizona, every morning before getting on I10, we'd get them and split with the pups.

      Delete
  16. I imagine you are a giver.
    I agree with the first three things that describe you - they describe me too.
    I like biscuits and sausage at Mickey Dee's - I will skip the egg.
    You have me intrigued by that song I am going to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely! Sometimes you have to fasten your seatbelt a little tighter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ah...the Traveling WIlburys.....a theme song whenever I hear some political nonsense or blatant lies, well, they are all lies!!!!!! I love listening to them. When people say I don't
    like Bob Dylan, I think, did you fall on your head? The guy wrote all his hits when his first wife divorced him. (sigh) Loved all your answers. I sure need to get back into Stealing Sunday I loved all the crazy stuff there. Chopsticks were never my thing. I always say because I am left handed but no one believes me. hahaha I LOVE JESUS! I will shout it from the rooftops. No one else will save us, only Him and how He loves the imperfect beings we are. I hope your week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Myra, most of your answers made me smile! I love the brown milk bottle story, that is just toooo cute. I'm right there with you on #1 and one of my favorite things for breakfast is a McDonalds sausage and egg Mc Muffin♥. And one thing for sure we agree on, Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!