Sunday, September 4, 2022

Sunday state of mind



Yippee, it's September!

How I love the 'ber' months, y'all.  Some may call me crazy, but I love these shorter days.
Granted, the a/c's still running -- but there's definitely aura of ANTICIPATION going on.  Can you feel it? 



I'm thinking ...
how pleasantly surprised I was by this


Given its price point, there's little likelihood I'd have stuck it in my cart.  But Tom's daughter caught me in a weak moment.  Before you know it, I spent $45 on what was basically a mystery grab bag.

The giant hair clips ... the l# ankle weights sit unopened in purgatory (aka, hall closet).  The cute gym bag did make a nice gift for my friend.

This stuff, however, is truly amazing.  The wigs can wait a while longer ... woo-hoo! 



In the kitchen ...

I'm fixing to brew a batch of pork chops after church.

Okay. This may not be News to some -- but I was excited to discover an oven-to-crockpot conversion guide (click here).  Most of the yummy recipes I'm seeing call for oven baking.  
Nope.  Not happening.



Cautiously optimistic ...

This book's really captured my attention ... last night I read 'til my Kindle's battery shut itself off.


Accused of a brutal murder, Victoria Ford made a final chilling call from the North Tower on the morning of 9/11. Twenty years ago, no one listened. Today, you will.




A nugget to share ...

Do any of you 'do' Instagram?
I joined a few years ago, but don't actually participate.

No secret, I love Sean Dietrich.  What he shared on Instagram the other day makes me love him more.

Someone wrote me and asked why I post photos of my wife not wearing makeup.

The truth is, friend, I take pictures of my wife without makeup because she lets me. If pictures of people with perfectly sculpted faces and abdominals are what you’re after, there are other social-media accounts that will float your boat.

That’s not me. My wife, for example, doesn’t care about makeup. She wears it sometimes, sure. But my wife is a real person. She drinks cheap beer, knows the infield-fly rule, talks loud, wears her pajama for days on end, loves to arrange flowers, and is married to a man with many flaws.

But it’s okay, she says. Because flawless human beings aren’t beautiful.

(Copied and pasted)





Before I go ...

If you can stand a boatload of pictures, I wanted to share a few glimpses of our anniversary dinner last night.



"I AM smiling, darn it!"

"I forgot how salty these olives are!"



Yummmm!



One of the things I most appreciate about eating out is a great server -- and ours didn't disappoint.   Attentive and chatty, she didn't even mind when I called out her 'Roll Tide' jersey ('War Eagle'!)

 

We weren't expecting THIS, but ya. I did.
Just call me a nutritional over-achiever.  Ha!


* * *



Okay.  NOW I have to stop yakking and get ready for church.
I hope everyone has a blessed day.  Thank you for being a part of my tribe!

Hugs, Myra



 

32 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Wishing you and Tom many wonderful years together! The food looks so yummy! I'll have to try that porkchop recipe; looks delicious! And I'll have to look into getting that book; that sounds very interesting! I haven't worn makeup in years but I'm not really good about having my picture taken. Might be something I need to work on :) Have a great Sunday, Myra!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember! Just wish you and I'd taken more pictures together when we lived out there. Good times!

      Delete
  2. You were enjoying my favorite adult beverage!
    I see your waitress has great taste (Roll Tide!)
    I enjoy Sean Dietrich's writing also. I did not have to join Instagram to see it though. One of my Facebook friends links him every day, so I can just read it that way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut! I'm too lazy to make martinis at home -- but maybe that's a good thing, lol.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and Tom, Mevely. I am so happy for you both. Wishing you many more years of joy, good health and whatever you desire.

    Extra prayers for you today.

    God bless y'all always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victor! Some days are tricker than others, but yet we persevere.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you a beautiful belated Anniversary and I will have to look into that hair product, smiles. All my hair gear is for up north, and let me tell you, the south and I are having a battle, LOLOLOLOL. This blasted humidity is just driving me nuts. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's that saying, "The South will rise again!"? (lol) My son's always advising me, "Embrace the chaos" ... I suppose that includes my hair!

      Delete
  5. I just ordered the book and know I will enjoy it as much as you did. Your anniversary dinners both look delicious, as do the adult beverages!! Yum! You know I love Sean of the South!! Have a blessed week ahead, dear Myra!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you like the book, too! Yes, the food's always good at Longhorn, but it's a good thing we don't eat that way very often.

      Delete
  6. Glad you liked that product in the grab bag. Love what you shared from Instagram. Wow, that dinner looks amazing. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried in the past to subscribe to Sean of the South, but to no avail, Myra. Any tips???
    Looks like you both had an awesome anniversary dinner! Because Danny is such an amazing cook, it's hard for us to find a restaurant that actually wows us. >Sigh< And that hair product looks like it could be a winner; let us know!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, no; I've no tips. I follow Sean on Facebook but seem to recall you quit that. I just double checked his website (seandietrich.com). What I did was click on "comments" at the bottom of his post ... then scroll past those all the way to the very bottom of the page. There on the left side is a box marked 'Subscribe.' (Anyway, that's what I did.) Cross fingers this works for you!

      Delete
  8. We are all cursed with an eternal burden of flaws - - and yet we exhaust ourselves with the unobtainable quest to be flawless. I suppose it's one of the curses of human nature.

    Congratulations on your anniversary! That dinner looks great........(and I love salty olives).
    I also love the "ber" months. My favorite time of the year.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, Jon. Your first sentence is so philosophical ... so true! Thankfully, as I've grown older, I'm not so consumed by a desire to appear flawless.

      Delete
    2. I agree - - the older I get, the less I care about being flawless.

      Delete
  9. You are right, we are a tribe, I had never thought of it that way. that is the biggest steak I have ever seen. bob would love it. I would rather have a burger and fries than either of your dinners. Looks like both of you loved your meal AND dessert. I like the Sean Quoe, no I don't do instangram. Is the stuff you live in your hair conditioner and is it scented? I loved the boat load of photos, you know I am the MADsnapper. last but not least, I just finished Twenty Years Later last week end. I loved it and could not put it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to write 'sorority' -- but that sounds almost exclusionary. (And leaves out the men!) Nope the hair conditioner isn't scented ... yay. Thanks for letting me know the book is a goodie; I can't wait to finish!

      Delete
  10. That book sounds interesting. I hope you let us know what you think when you finish it. I met Sean Dietrich here on your blog and started following his blog and then followed him on FB and then last week I finished one of his books and now I'm following him on Instagram. I really enjoy his stuff. Happy Anniversary and I especially think your husbands steak looks really good! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary and many many more! I love your pictures from your dinner! Looks like a great meal!!! And dessert too? Wow!! You really did splurge! Love it! I enjoyed the Sean Dietrich quote too. He's good. Thank you for your fun and down to earth posts. I always enjoy visiting here!! Happy Labor Day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! Good thing it only comes around once a year, or I might have to find an armored car to hijack. What can I say ... we love our food!

      Delete
  12. Happy Anniversary...I'm glad you had a great time! I love the 'ber' months too. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good visit, and you said:
    One of the things I most appreciate about eating out is a great server ....... Thumbs up. Glad allwent well and thanks for the pics. good stuff. Tke care, be safe. No instagram here, but thumbs up on Sean, even if my comments will not take.....
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, a server can sure make or break a dinner experience! Thank y'all for stopping by! I'm still looking for Ship's Log on my reader, but trust all is well.

      Delete
  14. I sending best of wishes on your Anniversary. Your dinners do look delicious and the drinks too! I started reading Seans posts, thanks to you talking about them. He is very good. I think there is nothing like just being ourselves. Flaws and all. I have many and don't hide them either. Hope you enjoy those pork chops. The crockpot is wonderful and I use mine often. It doesn't heat the house up either. I don't really use my oven much at all anymore. We have really cooled off here in the 70's today. Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the anniversary wishes ... and letting me know you enjoy Sean, too. I think he's a breath of fresh air.

      Delete
  15. Looks like a wonderful anniversary celebration. Do you have this problem with Sean? When I try to read one of his stories to my hubby I get a lump in my throat and fight back the tears. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Happy Anniversary! Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!