March 17 ... a new day, a new year
Happy Birthday to me!
Then and now
Despite the smile, I never had much use for dolls. If memory serves, when trimming her hair, Barbie wound up with a cut reminiscent of a Camp Pendleton recruit. (No-one knows whatever became of her.)
A little older, not so wiser ... but blessed to be here!
Due to Tom's VA appointment and other 'stuff', I elected to postpone my birthday observance to the 18th.
Nevertheless, I felt compelled to observe St. Paddy's Day with green eggs and ham(burger).
Do you enjoy Japanese steakhouses?
It's been a few years -- but given the forecasted storms I thought that would be a fun (and less crowded) choice.
One of these days I'm going to try making a pot of clear onion soup. Yummy!
The Hibachi chefs are amazing to watch. Can you say, flying utensils!
As always, our meals were delicious. Even Tom, who purports to dislike his veggies done 'al dente' was raving.
While that's not something we'd like to go all the time, we both agreed, it's an experience!
Had to LOL about my girlfriend's choice of gifts.
Obviously, she's not seen me in a few years -- my poor fingers resemble those a 13 y/o boy with severe anxiety issues.
Or wait a minute. Maybe she has, and this is a not-so-subtle hint.
My son made a welcome green contribution to the day ... which I turned into a new handbag. I don't know if this is something done everywhere, but when you've an Amazon return, you can take it just 'as is' to Kohl's and they do the rest -- plus give you a coupon towards 25% off store merchandise. The nice folks also allowed me to combine the coupon on top of their sale price -- a win-win moment!
💚
While today wasn't unpleasant, my body knows it had an unaccustomed workout.
..... cleverly disguised as a 'Church Workday.'
Our little sanctuary dates back to the 1800's ... and given the amount of 'stuff' discovered in nooks, crannies and crevices, I wonder if that's the last time it had a good cleaning. (jk, Janet!)
Gotta say, there's something refreshing about coming together with sweet, like-minded folks.
But with that in mind, now methinks I'm going to go enjoy a long hot shower ... and perhaps an adult beverage.
Y'all be good!
Sleep tight and don't let those bed bugs bite!
Amen!
Hugs, Myra

Happy Birthday and Many Congratulations, Mevely. So happy for you. Wishing you many many wonderful birthdays to come filled with joy, great health and everything that you desire for yourself and those you love. Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thank you so much, Victor!
DeleteSo cute with this post :) Your birthday seemed like a great one! How fun to all come together to take care of church maintenance :) I love Japanese cooking like you guys went to! They use tons of butter and tons of salt but it tastes so delicious and so worth it! The show is always a good thing with it too! I hope you enjoyed your adult beverage :)
ReplyDeletebetty
So THAT's how I gained 2 lbs. overnight?! SO worth it!
DeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you have many more. ❤️
ReplyDeleteThanks! 😘
DeleteWishing you a happy birthday my friend. How far are you from the Georgia border? grin
ReplyDeleteWhatcha got up your sleeve, girlie? I'm thinking 90 minutes to Columbus.
Deletefirst let me say, I assume the man standing on the ladder backwards either is single or his wife was not in the room..OMW
ReplyDeleteI met Murphy's Soap in 1992 at my first work day attendance to our Church. men out women in. we had a good time. i said to the deacons wife when she said to me, your job is to clean the benches, they look clean to me. she said let me show you and dumped murphys in a bucket of water. as she scrubbed with the cloth layers of grease and dirt flowed off the backs of the benches where we stood each week with hands on them. the stuff works! so did we... Bob got painting duty touch up and did such a good job he ended up painting the entire childrens dept over a week.. Glad you found a happy place for a happy birthday. I have always wanted to eat in one of those, but daddy, 1st and 2nd hubbies would not. come on down
LOLOLOL -- that's actually a lady on the ladder. It belongs to her hubby, a homebuilder. Good to know about Murphy's!
DeleteFunny this, I read thru this post and going back the end graphic STUCK LIKE GLUE. As I read it to Sherry(who had already read it!)
ReplyDeleteI enjoy the Japanese steak houses, but it has been YEARS since we enjoyed the experience. HAPPY BIRTHDAY and yes enjoy being alive, it is a gift.
Love the church scenes. YEP funny how churches get a cursory cleaning, leaving the smaller corners and crevasses to accumulate.....
Sending the best your way, we are in a BIG rain this AM.
Sherry & jack, smiling in the rain..
I'm so glad you liked that end meme as much as I do! Lots of truth there.
DeleteHappy Birthday! What a wonderful dinner out you had. It's been a long time ago but I have had one of those dinners. It's amazing to watch them cook the food. Most of my years have flown by. No stopping Father time. I opted for seafood for my dinner at Red Lobster for my March birthday, but we should celebrate more than just one day anyway!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing? I wonder how long they have to practice before being allowed to perform in front of customers.
DeleteHappy Birthday! It sounds like a lovely celebration.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteSweet photo of you and Barbie. It sounds like Barbie got a WOKE haircut long before it was popular. I thought about you on your B Day (and green carnations).
ReplyDeleteIf I was ever a Hibachi chef, I'd probably inadvertently kill a customer with one of my flying knives.....anyway, the meal looks delicious. And the onion soup sounds tempting.
I wouldn't want to wash those church windows - - especially with my fear of heights and ladders.
Hahaha ... me, too! Like I told 'Ma' above, I wonder how long they have to practice before being unleashed on customers.
DeletePS - Thank you for remembering the green carnation symbolism!
Love the photo with you and Barbie. Your St. Patrick's Day breakfast sounds awesome. We have been to a Japanese steakhouse a few times. Not my favorite but I enjoy the show.
ReplyDeleteLove the nail kit and yes, win win on the purse at Kohl's.
Thanks, Debby!
DeleteYes, Amen to that last quote! I always enjoy a Japanese Steak House. The food is so good and it is fun to watch the hibachi guys do their thing. Miso soup is delicious! Myra, enjoy the week ahead, dear friend! xo
ReplyDeleteHow true! It's an experience!
DeleteHappy belated Birthday, Myra! I don't know that I've ever been to a Japanese steak house, but maybe I should add that to my bucket list? Looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteI never played with dolls as a child; I preferred stuffed animals (blog coming Tuesday about that very thing).
Have a grand week, my friend!
Much to my mother's dismay, I didn't care for dolls either. I look forward to your upcoming post!
DeleteSounds like you had a pretty nice birthday after all!! I haven't been to a Japanese Steak house in a long time. The first time ever was when I was 9 months PG with our first baby. Maybe even already a week overdue (he went 2 1/2 weeks overdue...and got good and fat and sassy in there). Anyway, It was our 2nd anniversary, and we went out to eat. Sat at the big table with strangers. I was quite "large" to say the least, and someone made a gasping "OMG" when they saw me walk in, and hubby was not pleased and it almost ruined our dinner, but we persevered and enjoyed it anyway, in spite of the rude gawkers. I always think about that experience when I see a Japanese Steakhouse. LOL. I'm glad your experience was very pleasant and "gawk-free". LOL. Happy Happy Birthday, and many more.
ReplyDeleteOMW, that is sooooo rude! I'm glad you took the 'high road' and decided to enjoy yourself.
DeleteI didn't know about Amazon and Kohl's -- so if you want to return something to Amazon, you just take it to Kohl's and they handle it? I wish I had known this so thanks for sharing!! I used to love to go to Stix where they cook it all right there. We haven't been there in years.
ReplyDeleteUh-huh. On Amazon's returns section, it gives you options to include Kohl's -- provided your store is a participating partner. (Easy to click the link and check.) Ours has a dedicated counter, solely for Amazon returns.
DeleteHappy Birthday! I haven’t made it to a Japanese steakhouse yet but my daughters have. Maybe one day. Take care, Sheila
ReplyDeleteI toughts I was here but perhaps it was an email I sent to you. Your borithday sounds like it was fun. Those Hibachi chefs are terrific. I think Brittnay hired one for Father;s Day for her dad. They said it was exceptional. But when my sweetheart needs something, I just buy it for him. He needs new hats so I am getting a new variety of them. SInce we married in 1984 he wanted a California Angels hat. SO he had one thanks to me. PLus the Yardgoats too. lol and now I am going to get him a new rockies cap and a Buffalo Bills hat too. We had dinner at the HIhachi grill years ago for a graduation for Rebekah and then ages ago I went to Benihannis with my friend Twana. Good times & great food. :-)
ReplyDelete