... to the wise.
Wiser than me, that is. Considering my track record, I'm the last person to be offering unsolicited advice.
Of course, that's not going to stop me. Ha!
Jack recently shared how he still recalls his mother's voice. Me, too. But as hard as I try, I can't remember my father's tone.
Does that sort of thing matter to anyone else?
1981 - Daddy's Retirement Picnic
What I'd give if his voice, his laugh had been captured on a tape recorder ... even an answering machine.
Since cell phone technology's become commonplace, I'm going to make it a point to record my loved one's voices. Sooner, rather than later.
Do you think this is something you'd like to do?
Stealth momma's coming your way!
Zip-a-dee-do-dah, zip-a-dee day!
Hugs, Myra



I don't recall either of my parents voices. It would be nice to see/hear them as people now can. when they were alive there were not many ways to make videos and the few there were we could not afford. I did record Bob and Beau yesterday, had not thought about it preserving bob's voice.
ReplyDeleteIf you tell me any subject or situation I ALWAYS give unsolicited advise or comments. any thing I hear I have the answer 😋😊
You bet-cha! I've sure enjoyed hearing both yours and Bob's voices on your videos.
DeleteI bought a camcorder when my daughter was born. I'm lucky to have video with sound of both of my parents.
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful, Martha!
DeleteI think that is a wonderful idea Myra to record the voices of those you love! My mom did "interview" tapes with my sister in the last few years of her life. Supposedly my sister was to make copies and send them to me and my brother but grrrrr that has yet to happen, but at least her voice is recorded and eventually I may (or may not) get the tapes. I am curious of my dad's voice. I know there were old movies taken of family get togethers and I saw a few but I don't think there was sound with them. Oh well heaven one day I hope to hear it :)
ReplyDeleteBe safe and sound!
betty
Your mother's was a great idea! Maybe your sister just needs a gentle nudge; could be she's forgotten?
DeleteI know some people that call phones just to hear the voice of a loved one on their answering machines. Good idea to record the voices. Time makes them fade away, but I do still recall the voices of my mom and Dad.
ReplyDeleteI'd heard that about answering machines, too. If it brings some measure of comfort, why not?
DeleteI can still hear the voice of my dad and my other relatives who have passed away, Myra, and I'm so thankful for that.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Absolutely! You are most blessed!
DeleteNow you have done it, I will be humming, whistling or singing Zip-a-dee-do-dah, zip-a-dee day! the rest of the day. I love that catchy tune.
ReplyDeleteRecording the voices would be fun. Maybe sometime at a faily get together here it might be fun to have one of our technically inclined to do a Video recording of each person telling about themselves. I will think about that one.
Love from North Carolina where rain seems to live.
Sherry & jack
My idea was decidedly more amateurish ... but I like your idea of making that family tape. Even the young-uns, if/when they look back 50 years from now.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePS Sorry about the typing mistakes and grammar also. Sherry will get me. ;-O Love the picture of your dad. SWEET!
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks!
DeleteWe do have movies with my folks on them but it is SO hard to hook the ancient video camera up to a computer or the TV to play them. Though I can't recall their voices, I know if I heard either of them, I would know who it was instantly. Technology today makes it so much easier. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteGood point, Terri. I've all my parents 8mm tapes, sans audio of course. So true about being able to recognize the voice if you were blessed to hear it again. Some day.
DeleteI have voice memos of a couple of the grandchildren giggling. When I'm having a bad day I listen, and it makes everything better.
ReplyDeleteIs there anything cuter than children's laughter?!
DeleteYes, it is indeed good and nice if we can remember our loved one's voices, or have them captured on recordings or cameras. But if we do not have that luxury, we should remember that the souls of our loved ones are united to our souls through experiences shared in our lifetimes, and through the positive impact they have had on our lives. To keep their memories alive in our hearts is the greatest tribute we can offer them till we meet again.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Mevely.
Amen! Thank you for that, Victor.
DeleteI do have some videos of loved ones, my parents and my son especially, and my mother in law. But in some ways I do not want to watch them anymore. Maybe I'm just not ready for that. I can hear them in my heart, and I know I'd know their voices if they suddenly called my name. Perhaps like Jesus' voice, if He were to call my name, I'd know it was Him. "My sheep hear my voice and I know them..." John 10:27-28
ReplyDeleteI understand, Pam. Some memories are simply too raw. That's a comforting verse!
DeleteI would love to hear my parent's voices! I have saved a few ring doorbell videos of my hubby and I have a few voice mails I have saved so I can hear the voices some day (if and when I need).
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, Lisa. We never know, do we.
DeleteI do have a recording of them but I still can close my eyes and remember. Especially my dad, he had such a beautiful, rich, voice. I know you know Larry FItzgerald from the AZ Cardinals. He keeps a recording of his mom's voice. He is such a good man and not everyone in the NFL agrees with the craziness. His mom raised him right. He said he finds comforts listening to her voice saying how proud she was of what he became. :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat story ... I love Larry Fitzgerald!
DeleteI can remember my dad's voice, but after not knowing my biological father for 55 years, I've saved all his voice mails on my phone.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!
Delete