Good Sunday evening!
Can you believe it's December, already? This meme pretty well sums up my 2018 --
Out my window …
Yuk, yeah.
So glad I bought those gosh-awful rubber boots last Spring. Hard to tell, but the water's near to my knees (I'm 5'7"). We have to get in and rake out the leaves that keep the water from flowing out under the neighbor's fence.
In the kitchen?
Because I drew the line at paying another $200 for a compatible range hood, we bought a can of appliance-friendly black paint. Now, I'm thinking the white doesn't look so bad after all. What say you? Paint or not?
Oh, I meant to tell y'all! When we went to check-out at Lowe's last week, the total came to $666 + change. Right away, I asked the cashier if I might buy something else, and grabbed a pack of batteries. Tom was looking at me like I lost my mind, "What are you doing?" Still not sure he comprehends why I had to change that total.
Would you?
Would you?
I'm feeling
Nostalgic.
Normal perhaps, but this time of year my mind keeps travelling back in time. The last few days I've spent going through old scrapbook memorabilia. For the good times … pass the Kleenex.
Grateful that ...
I didn't find any keepsake ornaments to my liking this year. This little guy's limbs are far too small!
We'd looked at Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby; Craig's List, too.
… and in the end, concluded there's no reason to spend $$$ on a tree we don't love -- or have space for.
Just my style!
A favorite hack?
Does anyone else grow annoyed with their 'selfies' when the picture comes out looking like you're staring at something bottom left? I'm not the brightest bulb in the garden, but I couldn't figure where to look before pressing the shutter button.
I discovered if I turned the phone 90 degrees my image looks so much better … no more jowls, no more double chins! 'Tis the season … say, 'cheese'!
Finally …
I'm always interested in learning more about my blog family!
This little book of posers has been a personal favorite for years now. Not to take away from Terri's entertaining Wednesday Medley, but I'd like to begin closing my December posts with one or two holiday-related questions:
As the Christmas season draws near, what song is it that you can't wait to hear?
As the Christmas season draws near, what song is it that you can't wait to hear?
Conversely, what Christmas song drives you nuts?
Have a great new week … be safe out there!
Hugs,
Myra










Favorite Christmas song...3-way tie (all Bing Crosby) White Christmas, I'll Be Home for Christmas, and Mele Kalikimaka. Worst Christmas Song...tie between The 12 Days of Christmas and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.
ReplyDeleteI think there's lots of us who'd agree with 'Grandma Got Run Over'!
DeleteWhat a fun idea, Myra!! I have not yet heard "Mary, Did You Know?" and it is a top three favorite Christmas song. The one I dislike enough to turn it down or off is Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas. I just can't stand the background singers!! I shudder just thinking about it!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI like your little tree and if the range hood doesn't bother you, it sure doesn't bother me!! Live with it for a while and see what you think.
I wasn't a big fan of Elvis, so I can't recall that song - must consult YouTube then shudder alongside you!
DeleteI think your range hood would be good as white or as black, your call.
ReplyDeleteThanks you, Terra!
DeleteWow, you had the mark of the Devil at Lowe's (666). I think I would have purchased the batteries, too.....just to be safe....
ReplyDeleteWhen I lived in Texas I had a black stove and a separate oven. I painted the oven black to match the stove and it looked good.
As for your stove hood - I like it either way. White doesn't look bad.
I like your holiday photos. I remember when my parents used to hang all the Christmas cards,too. That was a nice tradition. So many nostalgic memories....
My favorite Christmas song?
"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer". It was actually banned on a few radio stations for being "violent". .....humbug.....
I like "White Christmas", but I can do without Bing Crosby singing it. He should have been run over by a sleigh....
Better than avocado or harvest, right? I can't believe I thought those appliance colors were so cool. Then again, I had orange shag carpet - lol!
Deletei like the white range hood. i once painted one. it's a real pain.
ReplyDeleteSo far, I'm leaning towards keeping it white.
DeleteI’ve had a few purchases that totaled $6.66 and yes, I suddenly realized I was craving a pack of gum.
ReplyDeleteYou just made me laugh out loud!
DeleteThe oven ensemble looks perfect to me. And so does your lovely Christmas tree.
ReplyDeleteYes ... Christmas can be a nostalgic time. But it should be full of hope too. I love the hymn "Away in a manger - no crib for a bed".
I find nostalgia isn't what it used to be. In Olden Tymes nostalgia was thinking back to childhood and times gone past. Today, nostalgia is thinking back to the last model of smart phone one had!
Happy Advent.
God bless.
(Good for you buying something extra to change the total. Better and less expensive than standing on your head).
Oh my word, Victor... your third paragraph is priceless. A little sad -- but oh, so true. (I never thought to stand on my head!)
DeleteWhite gets my vote too! It looks fine just the way it is. I love everything Christmas including music. My all time favorite is Silent Night, but love them all . Funny and serious, everything in-between. I love your little tree! It's bigger than mine, so to me it's not so little at all. Happy Advent to you too. Counting down the days...with joyful anticipation.
ReplyDeleteMake a joyful noise unto the Lord, right? How fortunate to have such a variety at our fingertips!
DeleteThe white looks good to me, mine is like yours and 29 years old and RUSTY.. bob bought white appliance paint 3 years ago. it is still not painted. Rust it is.
ReplyDeleteI am never nostalgic, I have my dad's genetics, my mothers middle name was nostalgic.
you told me your trick with the phone when we met this summer, but my phone is not an iPhone and it doesn't work. must be the LG phone and NOT my triple chins.
Like Rick, I have had the 6.66 before and thought nothing of it. I am happy I did not get 666.66 because I could not afford that much. I would not have bought anything else because I would be on the floor feeling FAINT. 😊
Ya, it kills me to spend so much money on an appliance. Give me a microwave and a slow cooker and I'd be a happy camper - lol!
DeleteI only like a few Christmas songs, and do not like any of the traditional. as in Dean Martin, Bing Crosby those types. they give me a headache. I do like Mary did you know . I saw that in a comment. there is one I love and the name escapes me right now. you gave me an idea for a post. so coming soon to a blog near you will be the answer
ReplyDeleteOops. This belongs to your earlier comment. But no, I've just a Samsung … no overpriced iPhones for this family.
DeleteI am back, trying to up your views numbers. LOL
ReplyDeleteout our back yard window is drought and everything is dead, 3 months of no rain.
this is my favorite Christmas song. Take a walk through Bethlehem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMsl0dNKPpc&index=16&t=0s&list=PLVIEkix3bKL6Y1pdP3yGnGGkruifcgSyt
LOLOLOL! I'd not heard this one before, but I like it. A lot!
DeleteHard to rake when they are so wet. I think it would look nice having the hood match the oven and refrigerator. I would not have changed the total but now you got me thinking!! I'm terrible at taking selfies. I am going to say Baby It's Cold Outside because some idiots want to ban it. Enjoyed your photos.
ReplyDeleteI know! What's the matter with people today, taking offense or trying to interpret things that don't need interpretation. Geeze!
DeleteThis is a winner. The post and comments. Good stuff. I did smile at the 666. Son Jack got his SS # and tried to change it because of 666 in the middle. Gov't said no dice!
ReplyDelete"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!" goes round and round in my head this time of year. Loved Jon's comment about Grandma and Reindeer. That was my funny go to.
You are good lady, give and draw out some good stuff. 'Mary Christmas' or Merry Christmas...
Ya, that Jon is a stitch! I can't believe the government wouldn't re-issue that card; that's CRIMINAL! Ought-a be a law!
DeleteI been thinking, I think I like white. But mainly I have a problem with 'over-spray' not every thing around it, but too much and leaving at least one 'sag' or maybe a run. LOL
ReplyDeleteI am sure you would do well, if you want it black. How is that for a straight forward opinion, hahahahahahaha
Love you lady! Wade out into the deep! ;-)
Good point! Tom pointed out how easy it would be to take the hood down and set it out in the yard to paint … but for now, we're going to let it be.
DeleteNumber 666 doesn't bother me, just makes me do a double take if I see it some place :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute tree! I like it.
I wouldn't pain, but then I'm so lazy with things like this I'd just be content with it.
Song I love to hear at Christmas (and haven't yet but then I haven't played much Christmas songs) is O Holy Night. Song I could do without is Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer :)
betty
I'm actually embarrassed to admit, once upon a time I liked that song. Guess that was before I become an olden g'ma. LOL!
DeleteHello! Long time no hear!! LOL~! My favorite song is Silent Night. I used to sing it to Darian to put him to sleep. All year long and all the way up to his teen years. I can live without Grandma got run over too. Just like Betty!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely memory! I hope he remembers you doing that, Paula.
Delete