Currently?
Outside my Window …
It's been raining (hard) for 3 days and nights now. These are the times I almost wish we had cats instead of two spoiled dogs that hate getting their paws wet.
In The Kitchen
So, the other day I fried up a skillet of Mesquite-flavored pork medallions, onion and garlic … and threw the whole thing in a bath of (low-sodium) beef broth. 'Added half a cup of (hot) Hatch chile and a bag of baby carrots and set the slow cooker to brew overnight. Soooo good! Tom and I took turns wandering to the kitchen with our spoons; the whole thing was gone in 2 days! I wanted to do the whole shebang over again the next day, but it was yesterday before we found another Mesquite pork loin. I'm going to miss enjoying these hearty stews come summer.
Watching and Listening
Oh man, I love our little town's Post Office! I needed to bring something inside to weigh last week and overheard:
"Hey there, Miz *****. How's your grandma doing?"
Another, discussing folks who'd recently lost a loved one:
"All's we can do is love them through it."
And my personal favorite:
When I asked the clerk, "How are you today?" she replied,
"I can't complain sugar. There's only one of you and I prefer a larger audience." (lol)
Feeling
Concerned. Tom's suffered from 'trigger finger' for a few years, but lately the pain's become really acute and has spread to his thumb and across the palm. I found an arthritis glove at Walgreens and he's been applying this Arnicare gel (thank you, Sandra!) We saw his V.A. doc Friday who prescribed a pain reliever and ordered x-rays. Unfortunately, the Rx hasn't done a thing. He was in so much pain this morning he couldn't accompany me to church. 'So hope her referral to an orthopedic doctor comes sooner rather than later!
PS - The doctor is also ordering a bone scan of Tom's back since he hasn't been able to lay down on the bed for the last several weeks and has to sleep sitting up. If you've any prayers to spare, they're sure appreciated!
Grateful for
Each and every one of you! It may sound redundant, but I can't recall (nor do I want to) what life was like before I met y'all!
I suppose it's only natural to feel a little nostalgic at the close of each calendar. Oh, but what opportunities lay ahead! One thing I'm sure of, we're gonna get through it together!
From me, to you …
Happy New Year … be safe!
Hugs,
Myra



I'm thankful to have met you, too! Happy New Year...in case I don't catch you before then. I'm working all week. :P
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Stacy!
DeleteHappy New Year. Hope your DH pains stop and he gets some relief.
ReplyDeleteFrom your lips to God's ears … thank you!
DeleteHow sweet is that, Together..... Sherry says Ethel! I say no. But we love it!
ReplyDeleteSorry about Tom's hand. OUCH and of course a prayer WAS said and another. Love you guys. BUT I must try the pork in broth thing. Sounds great (If I cut down on the chili, ;-) ha )
YES on this family we have! I like it.
Sherry & jack
I came really close to picking the one with Ethel singing! So glad y'all like it; and now, I'm picturing the two of you singing to each other!
DeletePraying for you and your husband and your whole family. May the New Year bring you all good health, happiness and hope.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you all now and for ever.
Thank you, Victor! This beautiful benediction means a lot!
Deletewhere ever we go, whatever we do, we're gonna go through it together.. YES! that is what being blog friends MEANS. perfect. prayers for the doc referral to come through quickly. my SIL and a Friend had trigger finger surgery last year and it really helped. Hope the same doctor can diagnose on back and finger.. back pain is horrible. there are many benefits to livng in a small town, I would love the Post Office conversations... here we are buried in people and no personal stuff. I do listen to people on phones every where I go and to conversations n cashier lines
ReplyDeleteI'm sooo glad you liked this song and thought it applicable, too! Sometimes my mind takes liberties others might not 'get' … lol.
DeleteYour stew sounds wonderful. Like you I eat differently in the summer than in the winter and do get to missing stews and soups by the time fall arrives. The are the ultimate wintertime comfort food. We've had lots of rain too, but I'm thankful it hasn't been lots of snow instead. Today we're to be in the 50's of all things, but then we'll quickly drop back into the 30's tomorrow, New Years Day. Your Tom will definitely be in my prayers. Hopefully some relief will come his way in the New Year. I too am very appreciate of my blogger friends. Your comments always brighten my day. Thank you for being my friend. Wishing you both a healthy and Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. Were ours snowfall my husband would be on the next plane to Arizona - lol! Your prayers and sincere comments are valued so very much. Thank you!
DeleteI am SO happy we connected here and have met in person and shared such a nice day together! Your stew sounds amazing! Your back yard area looks like it might become a lake soon. Oh my!! Myra, I had trigger thumb surgery a few years ago. I went to a hand specialist. The surgery was out-patient and was easy-peasy. Don't let your Tom suffer too long with it when all they do is snip a tendon and life is good again! Love you, dear friend! Happy new year (Medley questions are posted today!).
ReplyDeleteI won't, I promise! Thank you for sharing your experience, Terri! Love you right back!
DeleteExtra prayers for Tom, Myra!!! Please keep up updated as to his condition as the days roll along. And I'm so grateful to have met you through blogging. Love my cyber buddies!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Thank you so very much, Martha. Happy New Year!
DeleteOh poor Tom!! Praying for relief of prayers and answers from the tests! That stew does sound good! So easy to put together too! Happy New Year to you and Tom!
ReplyDeletebetty
Thank you so much, Betty. Happy New Year to you and yours!
DeleteI'm usually notoriously annoying with my long comments, so this time I'll try to be brief.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes well for Tom. My prayers are with you.
Your post office sounds like Mayberry RFD.
Have a beautiful and blessed New Year!
It does seem a little like Mayberry! Thank you so much for the prayers and wishes, Jon. I hope your 2019 is abundantly blessed, as well.
DeleteI say eat stew all summer too. The crockpot doesn't heat up the house at all. I am definitely praying for Tom. I'm so sorry about the pain he is suffering. Great song to post, it's perfect!! Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debby! No, I'm just a seasonal eater. Heavy foods just don't sound appealing to me when it's hot outside. (Same thing in winter - you couldn't get me to eat an ice cream cone on a bet. LOL!)
DeletePain all the time wears one out.
ReplyDeleteTrigger finger? I just looked it up and learned that is what is happening with my rt. hand. Thanks!
… and makes one grumpy, too. (Jus' saying, lol.) I hope you'll have your hand looked at before it becomes any worse!
DeleteI hope Tom is better! Happy New Year to both of you!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Paula!
Deletehappy new year. prayers are headed your way.
ReplyDelete