Oh, what fun it is to play! Thank you, Terri!
(This is my kind of meme … no rules, no Linky, no obligation! If you're interested, please join in!)
* * *
If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I'd like to say something noble, like head up a neighborhood crime watch or perform volunteer work.
But no, I'd probably just consume copious amounts of popcorn and read mysteries.
What's your favorite piece of clothing you own/owned?
My oversize fleece-lined collegiate hoodie. It's indescribably soft and comforting. And I don't have to worry about holding in my stomach - ha!
What hobby would you get into if time and money weren't an issue?
I'd love to invest in a good camera, a (patient) tutor … then travel the country capturing black and white images of old, abandoned structures.
What would your perfect room look like?
I couldn't make up my mind! 'Going to pretend you said, "rooms", Terri. (*smile*)
When was the last time you climbed a tree?
Oh mercy. I must have been 8 or 9. Now I'm wondering where along the line I developed a fear of falling.
Tell us something you will do/did today.
Tom gets to meet his new primary care physician at the V.A. this afternoon. Hopefully, I can coax him into splitting one of these at the nearby Red Robin!
* * *
Update on the lawn guy. Dennis phoned Tom this morning to apologize (asking for a loan) and said, "That's not the kind of thing I do." 'Sure restores my faith in him being a stand-up kind of guy!
Have yourselves a great day … be safe!
Hugs,
Myra





My goodness that stack of onion rings looks delicious! At least that is what they look like to me. I wouldn't be any good at all with out my sleep, so I'd probably do the same as you. Eating something crunchy helps me to keep awake ! Trading sleep for work is impossible for me ! Hope all goes well at the VA and glad your lawn guy apologized.
ReplyDeleteYes, they are. Red Robin makes the BEST onion rings! Even hypothetically speaking, I've never been good at staying awake.
DeleteA friend of mine could not sleep so he put his head under the pillow. The following morning he discovered the Tooth Fairy took all his teeth!
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
LOL! I hope that Fairy left a generous tip!
DeleteSon no longer works at Red Robin, but I'm sure he's made tons of those onion ring towers in his time there. Surprisingly, I've never had one though I do like onion rings. I hope you guys get a chance to enjoy one today. Good that the lawn guy called and apologized. He probably was in some desperate need at the time and was at his wits end on what to do. I too would say something noble if I didn't have to sleep, say like prayer, but more than likely I'd be on the computer doing some sort of mindless thing :)
ReplyDeletebetty
I'm sure that must've been the case, Betty. Hope all's well with your son!
DeleteAs for the first question - I hardly ever sleep and STILL don't have enough time to do all the things I want to.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite article of clothing was an old Army coat that I got at the Army Surplus store in downtown Los Angeles. Bought it when I was 20 and wore it until I was around 30.
The photo of your favorite bedroom is EXACTLY my idea of a favorite bedroom. I love it!!!!!!
The last time I climbed a tree I was about 13 or 14. It was a large tree in our front yard and I used to go up there to smoke cigarettes and read books.
I was a weird kid.
Have I seen a photo of you in that Army coat? Not weird … sensitive. I like.
DeleteOh my mercy! Those onion rings look deadly! I love onion rings and I love your perfect rooms! I posted two rooms also. I love a comfortable hoodie, too and this reminds me I want a new one. We are both wanna be photographers.
ReplyDeleteWatch out National Geographic! (*smile*)
Deletenumber 1 and 2 my answer is the same as yours, I don't eat onions.. but they look good if I did. I really like both your rooms, my taste also. but my rooms I want in a hotel with full seriice as in cleaning and cooking
ReplyDeleteGood point! I wonder if the idle rich appreciate having someone cook and clean for them?
DeleteI don't think I have EVER climbed a tree!
ReplyDeleteIt's never too late …..
DeleteLOL! I think I'll pass. I HAVE had a broken leg!
DeleteI laughed at your answer on the first question! I guess because I can relate. Good news with the lawn man. Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteSo glad I prompted a chuckle, Mary! Happy Thursday!
DeleteThough I love sleeping, I've often wished I didn't have to or at least get by with less sleep. I'd read more and watch more movies if I wasn't sleeping.
ReplyDeleteLee
Wise choices! Thanks for visiting, Lee!
DeleteOh my goodness, that tower of onion rings looks delicious! I wish Lakeland had a Red Robin. Cheddar's does a tower of onions similar. Thanks for joining in, Myra, on the Medley. Fun answers!
ReplyDeleteI remember visiting a Cheddars in Dallas and deciding they had the BEST burgers ever. Wish they had one around here!
DeleteMe 'n you like the same type rooms. WHAT? you didn't climb a tree yesterday! hahha Me neither!!
ReplyDeleteWhat in the name of common sense are you wanting Brother Tom to eat? hahahahaha
Love from Florida..
Hahaha … but they're so good, Jack! Hope your Florida neighbors didn't suspect a break-in when they didn't see your coach?
DeleteWhat a fun questionnaire and just for the record, I'm a huge Red Robin fan. My husband and I have had that stack of onion rings many times. I don't care for onions but I guess when they are fried, its a game changer haha. I'm not a morning person but more of a night owl although I will put myself to bed early if I have to get up before 6 am - I really need a good nights sleep to function or I'll be looking for a nap later on haha.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Saimi! I wish I were able to stay awake longer. No point rising with the crickets when I'm no longer working.
DeleteI'm glad to hear that Dennis apologized. Love those onion rings at Red Robin! Enjoyed reading your answers. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Debby. Same to you!
DeleteI love your answers. Especially the one about traveling around to take B&W photos of abandoned buildings. I'd LOVE to do that... and it would HAVE to be in B&W! The rooms you picked would suit me to a T, too. I love rustic-looking wood. And finally, those onion rings!!! Yipes! Before my hubby and I were married... you know, back in the Dark Ages... we'd go to a drive-in eatery called the Topper. I'm talking like at two o'clock in the morning or so... and we'd drink coffee and eat onion rings. They looked just like the ones in your picture. It's been a looooong time. Not sure our stomachs could take it any more. (sigh)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend, and again, thank you so much for turning me on to Sean's articles. His words are the perfect way to start the day.
Thank YOU, Susan! I always look forward to Fridays to read your post! My high school nickname/mascot was the 'Toppers' … but I don't recall seeing any onion rings for years after.
Delete