Good morning, m'friends!
How nice to wake this morning and read everyone's adventures (or misadventures) at leisure! Here's a bit o'-what's going on in Coosada …
Reading …
(Thanks for the tip, Sandra!)
Watching ...
… Tom watch the squirrels. That man loves his bench!
What's in the Kitchen?
I'm still playing with my Egglettes. My latest fad (thank you, Betty!) is filling them with Southwest style Eggbeaters. Yumm!
Out my Window ...
After months spent in a confined space or on leashes ... it's great watching the girls run!
(Thank you, Tom, for building that fence!)
Feeling
Embarrassed … but curious, too!
So, we're enjoying roadhouse burgers when I glanced up at one of the big screen televised recaps:
"Tom, why is the 'Tide' playing Green Bay?" (No, no alcohol was involved. Obviously, I'm in sore need of remedial logo recognition!)
Undeterred, I continued: "Still. What do you suppose the outcome would be, if a powerhouse college team were to field a game v. a lesser NFL team?"
Yep, I enjoy dwelling in the hypothetical …..
Grateful for …
Each and every one of you!
Pondering …
Music. My taste in music. What sort of music do I want played at my funeral? (Morbid, much?)
For some reason, that's been on my mind. No, I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon, but one never knows!
There was one Tom attended where -- towards the conclusion of the service -- the sound engineer cranked up the volume: Old-time, feel-good rock and roll erupted … just the way the deceased requested!
In particular, I enjoyed one scene from Susan's book, Hot Flashes and Cold Lemonade: Rather than 'funerally' music being piped softly during visitation, someone went and retrieved a portable record player and a stack of Mitch Miller LP's.
(My father would have loved that!)
Right now, I'm loving Al Martino ("Come Share the Wine") and others of his ilk.
Is this something you've given any consideration?
Right now, I'm loving Al Martino ("Come Share the Wine") and others of his ilk.
Is this something you've given any consideration?
Looking Forward to
Is anyone else anxious for this to premiere?
… heck, I've already gone through wads of Kleenex just watching the trailer.
Random thought
Have a super week … be safe out there!
Hugs,
Myra






Your list of things to be happy for and to enjoy really hits the spot. Happy Monday to you as well.
ReplyDeleteExcept for Alabama, we could be next door neighbors.
Thank you, Susan!
DeleteI remember attending a clown's funeral. There he was. Lying in his open coffin in his clown costume and face painted with a big smile. They could not put the lid on the coffin because his big shoes protruded high in the air.
ReplyDeleteThe congregation was mostly other clowns in full costume too.
As they left for the burial the hearse would not start. Every so often it honked loudly and the coffin would rise up the back on springs. The doors fell off and the steering wheel came out of its position in the driver's hands. As eventually the car moved the exhaust back-fired every few seconds and a lot of confetti flew in the air.
At the cemetery, every time they lowered the coffin in the hole it came up again on springs to the tune they play at the circus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g
ENJOY and keep smiling.
God bless.
Leave them laughing when you go, right?
DeleteYay for run free pups in the new fence. comments on the important stuff FIRST... I like the bench, we have a swing but it has been to hot to sit out there. we love it in winter. I do lots of hypothetical thinking but never about football. 74 years old and have never watched a foot ball game other than what I see pasing through the room. I finished all five of the Cold Fire Series in 10 days...
ReplyDeleteI love swings! Still, I'm happy to leave Tom to the great outdoors, while I observe my surrounds from the comfort of the sun room.
DeleteI sure did enjoy your post today, Myra! Glad your sweet pups have so much room to run and play! Music at my funeral? I've left a note, in case I go before Joe, but if I go after him... I don't even want a service. No one needs to travel 1,000 miles for a tearful good-bye. Think of me as I was. The more funerals I go to, the less I like the idea of them. Humbug!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou raise a great point, Terri. I, too, would prefer being remembered - even roasted in good cheer - over libations. :)
DeleteGlad you are enjoying the southwestern Egglettes. They are really healthy too and very low calorie. I bet the girls love their freedom. Such green grass too!
ReplyDeletebetty
They're really a stitch to watch … constantly on the prowl for an unsuspecting squirrel or horny toad.
DeleteEnjoyed your blog today!! I would love to sit on Tom's bench and watch the squirrels, what a peaceful thing to do!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Like blog friend Pam says, life is sweeter in the slow lane!
DeleteIf you are morbid, then so am I. I hear songs all the time and automatically think I'd like it played at my funeral.
ReplyDeleteA kindred spirit … yes!
DeleteI always enjoy my visit to your house. Me 'n Tom could have a ball watching squirrels. And yes it is good that pups can feel free to wander.
ReplyDeleteNow the mechanic offer. I am thinking this is going to be more than a days work requiring two or three men to lift parts thru the motor home. I had hoped it was outside engine stuff, (belts and stuff) but it appears to be internal. Last time it was two weeks in the RV hospital. I hope not this time.
Anyway back to Coosada I really enjoy sharing your happenings. the Egg thingies sound great.
I'm so sorry to read of your challenges, Jack! I really appreciate you making time to visit.
DeleteThat's a nice fence. bet the pups are thrilled to run free. tom looks happy sitting on his bench enjoying the outdoors.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteOh yes ! I bet those dogs are loving their fenced in yard to run in. I can imagine too that you too enjoy sitting and watching them instead of having to go out and walk them. I too enjoy the benefit of sitting on my sunporch rather than outside. It's nice to be bug free anyway! Looks like the two of you are living the good life there ! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't know about the 'good life', but we're healthy and content, and right now I couldn't ask for much more!
DeleteI'm looking forward to checking out that new show, too, Myra. And that final poster? I NEED to get that one! Glad your pups are free to roam the yard - that's a joy both for them and you as you don't have to walk them unless you choose to.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Yay! I was hoping someone else will be watching next week! Together, in different places. LOL!
DeleteI don't think preparing for your funeral is morbid. At one time, I thought it'd be cool to make a recording, so I could conduct my own funeral service. Kinda like running an amateur radio net. And the songs I was going to lead everyone in singing? A medley of "This Little Light of Mine," "Do, Lord," and "I'll Fly Away." I still think it'd be kinda fun, (in a weird kinda way, I guess) but even though we bought our plots years ago, we've prepaid for our cremations and don't want any kind of service or burial at all. I'll just... fly away quietly. No muss, no fuss.
ReplyDeleteI never watched that show "A Million Little Things," but the trailer for the upcoming season is sooooo good, I wish I had.
WOW. I think your thoughts (to direct your own service) is a GREAT idea. Except now I'm like you about not wanting a service. I should probably have a talk with son.
DeleteMy husband saw the commercial for those egg thingy's. I told him your story about them. Wow that sounds yummy with the Southwest Egg Beaters. I have a list of music picked out! Yes I can't wait to see that new show.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, neither of our playlists will have to be executed for a long, long time! I'm anxious to hear how you like that new show, Debby!
DeleteYes to your final quote. Loved seeing Tom sitting on the bench. Back in the olden days I painted a bench for Richard. It had slats on the back and I painted them like the flag and wrote "here sits old glory" along the top. He loved that bench. Sadly it wore out!
ReplyDeleteMy hubby lost his brother in January 2017 and after that he decided to pick some songs he wanted. There’s one though that brings a lump to my throat now when I hear it. First time commenting but been following awhile. I was born and raised in South Alabama but marriage has taken me several places. Take care, Sheila
ReplyDelete