Monday, August 27, 2018

Currently, in Coosada ...




Good morning!



Currently?



… I'm reading


… Listening (to)

Absolutely nothing.  It's glorious!



… Pondering

Someone suggested I change my (comment) setting from 'embedded' to 'pop-up' -- allowing everyone ease of commenting.  Unfortunately, I discovered (that) that way, it was impossible for me to respond online.

Several of you respond publicly like I (try to) do.  Others not.  Some simply don't have time.  It's all good.

Personally, I enjoy eavesdropping reading other bloggers' commentary, the dialogue.  Almost akin to sitting with friends around the kitchen table.

Are you fine with my present format?  Or, do you prefer I respond privately?  I aims to please!



… Feeling
Curious.  
Does anyone else become annoyed because their faux-Tupperware containers don't dry?  You know, that silly narrow lip around the top?  Mine always retain water, even after sitting in the drainer all day and night. 





… What's in the Kitchen?
The world's ugliest stove.
The burners' tops are irrevocably wobbly, which always begs caution … but I hate to spend the money.




… Grateful (for)
The opportunity to see Sean of the South this weekend.  The acoustics were pretty awful and the olden seats uncomfortable,


 ….. but he was so great! 
Practically every morning I get tears in my eyes from something he's written … but this time my cheeks were wet from laughing so hard.   


And, what a pleasant surprise to meet Jamie!  Before the show began, a familiar-looking lady comes striding down the aisle. Before stopping to think, I go, "Hi Jamie."   Brakes. Brilliant smile.  She thrusts out a hand, "Hey there!"  Super friendly, that brief visit seriously made my night.




… Out my Window
Something different, a reverse glance.
I think the photo in my last post ('where my morning begins') gave the impression I sit outside.  Nope, in our sun room, below … an addition to the home's original brick exterior.  




… Enjoying

My third cup of coffee!




… A Quote to Share





OK, I'm headed off to Wally World now.  Have a great day … be safe!


Hugs,
Myra

28 comments:

  1. I like the way you do comments; I don't have any trouble leaving them :)

    I do like your yard; bet the girls love the grass!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! They're going to LOVE it even more so when the temporary enclosure comes down.

      Delete
  2. Leave your comments the way YOU want them. I do. I never go back to a blog after I comment, which means I miss the replies, I reply by email for those emails I have and do not reply if I don't have the email. I don't have enough time in the day to comment on 20 blogs and go back several times to see what someone else said. that said, I do sometimes read what is always there. that said, do it YOUR WAY... I loved King Tides. also love your sun room and that is where I would read and comment if I had one. our stove is 29 years old, the wobble of the burner is not what drives me nuts, the only two burners that work, both make the pan lean to the side, as in olive oil will run all to one side because it is not flat, and only one will set on simmer. I tried to get bob to let me buy a stove when I bought the fridge/washer/dryer... one day I will just get one delivered and surprise him .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leaning? Exactly! I think you BOTH deserve that surprise.

      Delete
  3. Your comment settings are fine just as they are. I was never particularly keen on the pop-up comment mode.

    What I hate the most, however, is comment moderation - - but unfortunately I'm forced to have it on my blog due to the vast amount of evil trolls and spam that I get. They latch onto my blog like leeches.

    I always seem to attract undesirables. It's a gift.

    I have a rather ugly stove in my kitchen, too - courtesy of the previous owners - but it works really well so I've decided to keep it (at least until I can afford a new one).

    I like your sun room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon. I don't really care about the stove's appearance -- much. (To borrow a phrase) I suspect it was manufactured in the Roosevelt administration.

      Delete
  4. How great that you got to see Sean in person. I really do love his blogs. Always uplifting and positive. Too bad about the acoustics and uncomfortable seats. I prefer the embedded comments and have also had a couple of complaints about it, requesting a change to pop-up. I agree with you, though! Pop-ups don't allow you to comment. As for the plastic ware that always retains water... I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed Sean so much. I know how much you enjoy him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Mevely for mentioning my first book "VISIONS". I hope you like reading it and the message therein. Please let me know what you think.

    I like the comments system you haver at present. In fact, I like the whole format of your Blog. Please Blog more often if you can.

    Love your house. Great area for the dogs to run.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, Victor! I'd love to blog more often, but fear I haven't that many brain cells. LOL!

      Delete
    2. Well ... I think you're very entertaining. Your Blog is always interesting.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. I had to laugh, I hate those lips that drip too ~ I thought I was the only one. I also like to read the other comments, never thought about it as sitting around the kitchen table...I like that! Enjoyed my vist. . . btw, silence is golden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that (about the lips), Mary. So nice not to feel like a lone ranger!

      Delete
  8. I like your format a lot. No change needed! Appreciate your comments on Coffee Light. Just put up a giveaway. Hope you will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! I'll be by in just a little while!

      Delete
  9. i like your comments the way they are. no need to change the format. your sunroom is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Which ever format for comments you choose is fine with me I have no problem at all commenting. Like you I love to read comments on blogs too. I rarely reply to comments, but some are truly worth a reply. I love your sunroom. It's nice to be enclosed and still be able to enjoy nature. I know I love my sunporch ! What a treat to see Sean of the South in person. Thanks to you I am now a faithful follower of his too. Most of the time my dishes air dry too but there is something to be said for dish towels and drying them after washing. Takes care of that tupperware every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know you enjoy Sean as well, Pam! FYI, the show we attended is being added to his podcasts any day now.

      https://seanofthesouthshow.com/

      Delete
  11. Visions is a fantastic book! I can't get enough of Victor's Fr. Ignatius stories. And as for comments? I think they're fine the way they are.
    Blessings, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visions is the first of Victor's books I'm reading … but it won't be the last!

      Delete
  12. Rarely does a day go by that I don’t dogcuss those plastic bowls :)

    I sent Sean a message about an idea for a story about a friend down there who has had a remarkable career in music. Sean was interested but my friend took a turn for the worst and hasn’t felt up to company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you blogged about your friend? Please let us know if Sean's able to connect.

      Delete
  13. I like your comments the way they are. I always go back to blogs to see if someone commented to me. I am a bit of a narcissist. LOL! Thanks to you I read Sean on Facebook and enjoy him very much. I like these 'currently' postings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe I'm a bit narcissist, too? I prefer OCD, actually. :)
    So glad you're enjoying Sean, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder why the pop-up didn't work. I love getting comments to my email account and responding back to everyone. Some people reply only on their blog page. I never have time to go back to a blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!