So tickled, having an opportunity to join with Deb n' company at Breathing in Grace for another episode of Friday Foto Friends!
So thank-FULL for son and DIL's invite to join them for a little get-together on Independence Day. Thankful, too, for a rain-free afternoon! Knock wood, I'm actually becoming accustomed to the humidity here … so much nicer than Arizona's blast-furnace-like conditions.
There was an amazing array of goodies -- fresh lemonade, burgers the size of small roasts, Conecuh sausage, fresh vegetables and (my downfall) a trifle of banana pudding. One bite and all my 'keto' resolve went flying out the window! I'm kicking myself for not capturing an image of those huge burgers!
As usual, flowers from my DIL's front yard provided just the right touch. She makes everything seem so effortless!
These are actually called fireworks. Neat!
Oh yeah, there was hilarity, too.
I can't figure how to upload the video here, but someone challenged Sarah to pick up a piece of paper laying flat on the floor … with her mouth … legs straight with both hands clasped behind her back! Dang if that lithe thing didn't do it!
Every muscle in my body was cringing! (What to do but have another helping of banana pudding!)
If I may … a few snapshots of my favorite souls … stolen borrowed from Sarah's FB page.
Troy, (DIL) Lois, Sarah (and her beau) Josh
(Son says "I was just hoping the picture taking was about to be over with." ... but I disagree. Methinks it's the look of love.)
Molly Jane was captivated by the spinner!
Sisterly love. (I'm guessing this was before Chloe tried to sabotage Sarah's above exercise. lol!)
Chloe and Josh (who stands 6'8"!) being all silly.
Oh yeah!
Since we got here, Tom's been obsessed with finding himself a fishing boat. Sure enough, last week he discovered a 'smoking deal' on FB Marketplace. Unfortunately, it looks like ...
Next stop, Disney 's Jungle Adventure!
Fortunately it's sound as a drum; just needs some TLC … and a new coat of paint! I asked him what he's going to name it, but he looked at me like I was nuts.
So I'm taking it to Blogland. What do you think we should name it?
Happy Friday y'all! Stay cool if you can … be safe!
Hugs,
Myra











Looked like a lot of fun with family on the 4th! I have never had banana pudding, but have run across it at several restaurants that we've been checking out menus (mainly BBQ places). Must remedy that shortly and try some :)
ReplyDeleteSeems like Alabama is a perfect fit for you and Tom!
Name of a boat: Tom's Hideaway?
betty
It's so good to have all the family round. We had a get together lately - it was great fun and a very hot day. Here in the UK it is about 30 degrees C in the shade. I keep out of the shade.
ReplyDeleteWishing you splendid happiness.
God bless you all.
Looks like you all had a lot of fun and the food sounds good to. Have a happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteLove your blogpost. Alle coziness. Name for boat: Ziggy Zebra :-)
ReplyDeletename that boat Alabama Bound... and lovin it. please when you come to FL bring me Molly Jane. she is wonderful. I like the four USSIE pic a lot. and the other thing you can bring me is the jug the pink flowers are in. I LOVE that jug and those flowers are perfect.
ReplyDeleteLoving how happy you sound.
ReplyDeleteHolidays are really a time to spend with family. Looks like a fun time
ReplyDeleteWhat fun and I love seeing photos of your family!! As for the boat... let's wait to see how it looks with that new coat of paint! LOL
ReplyDeleteHow about Zeb... Short for zebra! 😁 So glad you're joining in with our Friday Foto link up! Hope you have a great weekend! 💜
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a wonderful time with your family and the photos are beautiful. I hope you all come up with a great name for the boat.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time on the 4th. Yay! for being close enough to do that. As for boat names: Tom's Toy, Cheaper Than Therapy, Fishcapades, Fishfinder, Fishy Business.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful 4th you had ! I made myself some banana pudding too ! It's even good for breakfast ! Loved seeing all the happy faces! I'm no help at all with the boat name, but I'm sure you will come up with a good one ! Happy Saturday !
ReplyDeleteLoved the family photos infused with so much family joy, Myra! Thanks for sharing with all of us.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Enjoyed the pictures, mentioning DIL's making everything look effortless, that is the way Shirl was.
ReplyDeleteBUT shucks I ain't got a boat yet. Name? I ain't even gonna try (yet). Great visit.
glad you had a happy 4th. looks like fun.
ReplyDeleteParadise Found.
ReplyDeleteI'm late reading blogs this time around, but it's great that you were able to spend the 4th with family.
ReplyDeleteYour description of the food made me drool...
I don't know what to name it...striped bass boat? I hope Tom is real lucky catching fish in it. Sounds like your 4th was perfect! It finally rained a little here tonight. Praying for so much more. Soooo dry!
ReplyDelete