Color me tickled to join with Joyce n' friends once more!
Three things on your spring bucket list? (If you don't have an actual list that's fine ... pretend you do.)
I've pretty much abandoned getting completely organized before 2019, but off the top of my head I'd like to ...
- Take a road trip to visit my BF in Florida -- and meet some Very Special bloggers along the way.
- Find a new church home ... hopefully, one with a music ministry in which Tom can participate.
- Rebuild a sense of purpose by fostering a hobby (tbd!!!) or a part-time job.
Where do you find rest?
Literally? Since our move, it's found me!
I don't ever recall sleeping so soundly, so often.
What restores your soul?
Some may be weary of my extolling Sean of the South ... but there you go; I'm OK with that.
Beginning my day with a cup of strong French Roast and Sean's column affects my mindset more than many a sermon. When updating my blog bio, I realized words like 'chameleon' and 'cynic' no longer fit.
When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here?
Every morning!
April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery?
Not especially. Those 'strings' are annoying.
What's your favorite dish made with celery?
Tom's egg salad. It's seriously yummy!
On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first? -- Carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes?
Let's go for the carrot ... heavy on the dip, please. I'm all about the ka-runch -- without a surprise squirt (cherry tomatoes).
I read here 8 things to do before 8am to make your day less hectic: Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you're having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists -- one that you're thankful for and one what's weighing on your mind) and after the brain dump, make your to-do list for the day. How many of these are you currently doing?
In an effort to cut back on our electric bill, a while back I began doing a load of laundry when I'd wake at 4 -- when the house was coolest. 'Hope I'm never so lazy (or infirm) that I forget to get dressed! I'm a compulsive list maker.
Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?
Drinking water. Unfortunately, that's taken a back-seat to coffee. But because I'm all about gimmicks - and water just seems to taste better from glass - this just came to live with me.
Describe the view from your window.
Macie and Grace have become champion squirrel sentries!
Insert your own random thought here.
Hugs ... stay safe!
Myra





I'll pray that you and Tom find a church that nourishes you as well as provides opportunities for Tom with his music and for you all to get involved with it in your new community. The benefits of drinking water in the morning hopefully are that you won't be up at night too much in the bathroom, LOL. We're dieting so we are drinking more water; getting tired of those late night bathroom runs, might have to drink more (water) in the morning and less at night :)
ReplyDeleteRetirement seems to be suiting you and Tom very well! Enjoy!
Love the view from the window!
betty
Ha! I hadn't considered those annoying late-night bathroom runs ... where, more often than not, the danged bed frame jumps up and hits my ankle.
DeleteYour prayers are sure appreciated!
The photo of Maci and Gracie looking out the window tells me that they're right at home and all the rest of your answers tell me that you are loving your new home in your new city in your new state and your new you. Where does your best friend live in Florida
ReplyDeleteRight at home, oh yeah. So much so, I expect one or both to develop laryngitis pretty soon. Naturally, the squirrels don't pay any attention!
DeleteMy BF lives in St. Pete; her (infirm) mother in Bradenton.
I will have to check out Sean of the South. I've not read anything by him, but did check out his bio. Hope you find that church home you're seeking.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joyce! Ya, it's a process. Denomination isn't as important as discovering a sense of fellowship.
DeleteI have not met you here on the Hodgepodge before, but so enjoyed my visit today. I am listening to Sean on the radio right now, so thank you for that link. I do hope you find the right church home for you and DH. We can identify with your struggle.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Elizabeth ... I really appreciate you stopping by! One of the things I most look forward to in retirement is meeting more of y'all. See you soon!
DeleteI always, without exception, love your answers. It would take me hours to come up with suitable answers.
ReplyDeleteYou have made a true statement about Sean. The dude can inspire better than many a sermon. He can squeeze a sweet thought from a lemon methinks. LOL
Anyway I am glad you have LEARNED TO SLEEP. I did that. nuff said.
Love you and the Big Tom!
PS: Neat pic of Macie and Grace!
Ha! Soon as I write that, I went and tried solving all the world's problems between 10PM and daylight. ... and to think I used to make fun of my mother for doing the same thing!
Deletemacie and grace look sweet standing guard by the window. glad you have found time to sleep.
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks! Ya, I guess they're sweet ... just annoying as the dickens when they start 'singing.'
DeleteCelery is good for waving through a window and shouting, "The Triffids have landed! The Triffids have landed!"
ReplyDeletePraying for you all.
God bless.
Bahahaha! Thank you for starting my day with a smile, Victor!
DeleteThat's a great bucket list! Hope it all works out for you. That is so wonderful about sleeping well. Enjoy your new glass. They looks so cute looking out the window.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debby! In reality, as fast as this year's going it will probably wind up being a SUMMER list.
DeleteGreat to see you're doing a bucket list. I try to make one for each season of the year. Love the view there looking out the window and your sweet pups too! I'm a little late in commenting due to internet problems, but today all is well. Happy Friday !
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ma! The pups didn't seem so sweet when they were 'shouting' incessantly at the squirrels this morning. Good thing we've no nearby neighbors to complain!
DeleteI don't know how I missed this post, but will admit that I'm WAY behind with everything this week. I always enjoy your answers - and I'm always tempted to use the questions on my blog.
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of your two sweet doggies looking out the window!
BTW- I hate those "string" things on celery, too. And I never put celery in egg salad (I ate egg salad last night).
... and I always enjoy when you take on those questions at Lone Wolf! I, too, could do without the celery (and olives) in my egg salad, but Tom's always chops them in ITTY-BITTY morsels, hoping I won't notice.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYou are settling in to the south nicely. I would get to Florida before summer if you can. It can get crazy when school lets out for the summer.
ReplyDeleteI love Sean's blog. He seems like our kind of folk.
Drinking water! I get dressed in the morning and try to get organized, but I'm so lazy about drinking water. Not sure why, but thanks for the kick to remind me.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are enjoying retirement. I'd look for a hobby and not a job. You've worked enough. Time to enjoy life now. I have been drinking eight glasses of water a day and I have to get up at least twice at night. But I have noticed a big difference in my skin. So there's that! I need to get back to blogging regularly. I miss all you guys!
ReplyDelete