aka, Currently
In my kitchen?
More hits n' misses.
Sad how I'm finding all these yummy-sounding recipes but they all require turning on the oven. Nope, not happening!
Salads are still a Big Part of my diet. Eggs, too.
Using a length of fresh Mozzarella, I created something called eggs caprese.
It's staying on the list.
Speaking of food!
The Gatherers enjoyed our monthly "chat and chew" at McAlister's Deli. The venue left much to be desired, but as usual, the conversation was delicious.
 |
| Brenda, Bev, Shannon, Sally, Christy, Cindy, me |
The idea of adding more members still gets tossed about, but I think smaller still feels best.
I'm curious. For those of you who regularly gather in larger groups -- how do you go about accommodating seating in restaurants; and, at the same time manage to ensure Good Conversation v. chit-chat?
In between naps ...
I just finished reading The Book of Lost Names.
 |
Inspired by an astonishing true story from World War II, a young woman with a talent for forgery helps hundreds of Jewish children flee the Nazis in this unforgettable historical novel.
Eva Traube Abrams, a semi-retired librarian in Florida, is shelving books one morning when her eyes lock on a photograph in a magazine lying open nearby. She freezes; it’s an image of a book she hasn’t seen in sixty-five years—a book she recognizes as The Book of Lost Names. |
It's something out of my usual comfort zone ... a random library pick born out of boredom. Nevertheless, I was transfixed. Dreading the coming of the end.
Five stars!
Finally!
Already, this is getting too long ... but this is my favorite part!
A.I., how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!
Like the big sister I never had, you've counseled me on hair styles, make-up and wardrobe selections.
Then recently, when I killed the house plant my pastor claimed was indestructible, you showed me what sort of faux arrangement would look best in that pot -- without looking (artificial) tacky.
For a few months now, I've been curious about 2-3 fixed wing aircraft that fly over our house most weekdays. I even took it to our local FB page ... resulting in a slew of opinions, but no answers.
The other day I heard them approaching and grabbed my phone.
 |
| Click on image ... and squint! |
No problem for AI.
He/she asked, "Where did I take this picture" and "What time was this?"
In a few seconds time, this:
Do you use AI?
I'd love to hear your stories!
Well, I'd best start getting ready for church.
Thanks so much for visiting, and please. Stay safe out there!
Hugs, Myra
The mozzarella and eggs look delicious. It is too hot these days to have the oven on. Quick meals are the best.
ReplyDeleteIt's difficult when a group grows too big to "meet" in restaurants. Best to "do-it-yourself" type gatherings in the Church hall, or similar venue. "Bring-and-share" where each one brings something to eat they have made themselves.
Have fun out there. God bless always.
Yes, that's a good idea!
DeleteI have never tried AI asking what something is, and this is so tiny. I use the Google AI search lens, but will be trying AI... I use it a lot now. I like Google but also love chat and like it best. I like it because we can chat, Google chats also, which one did you use for this. fantastic.
ReplyDeletethere is no way to have a conversation if there is more than 4 and even that is hard. I stopped going to breakfast after TOPS meetings because the table was so big, we could put 8 around it, but mostly I could only talk to the one of either side. the square table was the same. at one place we did the 4 per table but then I always got next to the two I did not want to talk with. Lunches out are best with a small group unless you are doing it for the food. Just my opinion, some may love large groups.
Yes, exactly. I'm no good at small talk ... or shouting to be heard. (lol)
DeleteThe eggs look delicious. I love egg dishes. A perfect protein! I don't go out with large groups of women too often. I can't keep up with the multiple conversations. I'm much better with three or four intimate groupings. But a nice picture of you beautiful women having fun.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Debby!
DeleteI don't like to go out for lunch or dinner with large groups. Too much noise and one can't talk with people besides those right next to you.
ReplyDeleteWhen our bible study meets at our home we can seat 10 around our table but then its all shared conversation and no outside noise. Then its shared food too. Perfect for me.
Love me some eggs and that cheese are my favorite things to eat.
Fascinating about AI and the answers to your plane question. I am trying to stay away from AI but know eventually it will rule everything so I might as well get used to it.
That book sounds really good. I bet it was heart wrenching too.
We hope to get back to church sometime soon. Dave's legs are getting stronger and maybe he can walk further than now. He's a MAN and very proud. Doesn't want to look like an invalid Sigh... and so the days go and as the Soap Opera used to say. And So Are the Days of Our Lives ...
Sue
Heart wrenching, yessss! I'm probably going to buy my own copy and read it again.
DeleteI'm so very glad for Dave. And you!
I hear what you're saying about McAlister's Deli. I got a baked potato there last month and the skin was completely hard and charred.
ReplyDeleteOh, yuck!
DeleteThat egg dish looks GREAT. Are you worried about eating lettuce? I know what you mean about a group - I think I like small groups too - much more intimate. I couldn't see a thing in that photo - good thing AI could! lol
ReplyDeleteNot really. The kind I like (Green Leaf) isn't on the watch list so far!
DeleteDid you try clicking on the picture to enlarge the planes?
Those eggs look delicious!
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteI use AI more and more often. I love how it can change my photos and add text, especially! I've also asked for hairstyle suggestions and always ask it to de-code medical terms in My Chart. So yes, I use it and love it. But, it also is a bit scary. Hugs and happy week ahead!
ReplyDeleteI hadn't considered using it to 'translate' medical stuff ... great idea, Terri!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteTesting
ReplyDeleteTest complete
DeleteSue
I am starting to use AI more and more, it kind of takes the place of Wikipedia, although it often refers me to it. Those eggs sure look good. Re: large groups out to lunch...it's hard to find good places to go together and be able to sit in a way that you can really communicate effectively. I miss going out "with the girls". We don't do that here, but our monthly church women's group has a lunch after their meeting at the "parsonage", and usually there are two ladies each month in charge of bringing the food. It's okay, but I don't go that often anymore. I miss the small group gatherings, however. I enjoy your posts so much. sorry I'm late getting here for the "party". LOL. Have a lovely day. I'm off to the eye dr. today to discuss cataract surgery.
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks so much for the lovely comment! I can't wait to hear more about your eye doctor appointment and what you decide you're going to do.
DeleteHello pamela, Just wanted to leave a quick note to say thank you for this fantastic article!
ReplyDelete🙂
DeleteSoo since I am 'mostly' the cook around here imma look into that 'eggs caprese', looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteAlso like the sound of the book. I made a note.
Love y0u lady, but I haven't met AI yet, I have a son who is very much into him her or it. LOL
And also, just thanks....
Oh it's good to hear from you Jack! Yes, that book is so very good. I hope if you read it you'll let me know what you think.
DeleteI am not eating lettuce right now . . .I'm ready for it to be good and back! ChatGPT and I are buddies! haha!
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteYour new recipe looks very yummy for my tummy!! AI. Well, I have found that in sending Sam's test results to AI, I gather more information than what the doctor gives me. AI lays it out and this makes it easy for me to understand. Of course, I cut out any information that might include personal information. Okay..when it comes to group gatherings...My friends and I go out to eat once a month and we do not include other in this outing. I don't know how we could possible include others because we usually spend at least 2 to 2 1/2 hours at this luncheon talking and catching up on each other's life since we last met. By the time we finish with all our aches and pains and catching up on each others family...plus a little gossip, we don't have time to hear from a table full of ladies...LOL 🤣 Unless you have a round table, it is hard to have a conversation that all can feel included in.
ReplyDeleteThank you for 'getting' it! 🤗
Delete