What do you think when someone says, crush?
No, today I'm talking about Fascination. Like the characters in Inga's scrapbook.
The pages are brittle - both from age and countless fingerprints. As a little girl, whenever we'd visit my grandparent's farmhouse, I'd make a beeline upstairs for Grandma's book.
I was never fond of dolls but cherished the countless newspaper clippings and images she kept inside.
I'd dream of being a multiple ...
at least, having lots of siblings.
... which might account for my 'crushing' on The Lennon Sisters.
I've read -- and reread -- their autobiographical "Same Song Separate Voices."
And now, I follow their lives on Facebook.
I think everyone liked Janet best, but I'd pretend Dee-Dee was my BF. Did you have a favorite?
Another?
He doesn't seem in the least self-important or 'puffed up.'
I've not an ounce of British ancestry in my blood, but I'd love to live long enough to see him ascend the throne.
Hugs, Myra





No ... no grown up crushes here on anyone. I wonder if anyone has a secret crush about me? I hope not. My wife keeps blaming me for things I have done in her dreams. I (stupidly) apologise.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you, Mevely.
Funny fellow!
DeleteVictor is hilarious !!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, crushes ... I can't really say I had a celebrity crush but maybe Elvis was close. Loved his voice, especially the slow and sultry songs.
I loved the Lennon sisters too. Our family faithfully watched the Lawerence Welk show every week.
I agree on William he really does seem nice and I think he has done a great job with Fatherhood, considering he really hasn't had a great role model.
Sue
I know, right?!
DeleteIn reading the comments I realized that I had a huge crush on "The Virginian" not the show but the book character. He was everything I thought a man should be and especially the cowboy in those jeans and boots.
DeleteHaHa... I may have to dig that book out again sometime and see if it does anything to me (:0)
Sue
Let us know, okay?! 😉
DeleteI'm afraid I'm a bust about crushes.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteI had a crush on Johnny Poppell, who was one of 4 sons of my mom and dad's best friend.. the 4 of them never even new I existed . I was 8 and it lasted until I got Married in 1963.. this will be embarrasing. I was in love with Tarzan, from the book Tarzan and the City of Gold. I read that book until it was ragged.
ReplyDeleteI also LOVED cowboys and still do, there is something a bout hats and boots and jeans and tall cowboys.. I spent my life crushing on people in books. Right now, I might be crushing on Jack Reacher, the one in the book, not the actors.
this says a lot about me
That's a great one!
DeleteI agree about Prince William. I would also include the Princess of Wales in that assessment.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, yes!
DeleteGrowing up I was absolutely boy crazy! So too many crushes to name. I never was into the Lennon sisters. My mom was. I haven't thought of them in decades.
ReplyDeleteYeah William is a cutie.
Refreshing, me thinks!
Deletethecontemplativecat here. No crushes here. Imaginary ones? Yes, I have loved several over the years. I was a terrible flirt in my college years, being ignorant of the whole romance thing.The Lennon sisters were wonderful to listen to and enjoy. Oh Prince William!! I had an awe crush about Prince Charles until I was about 18. William is a person who lives and loves his family.
ReplyDeleteI think Diana would be so very proud of him.
DeleteYes!! LOL... I had a crush on Bonanza's Hoss (Dan Blocker). Not the cute Michael Landon. Dan Blocker. He was always so sweet and always the underdog. These days, it's Sam Elliott and Andy Garcia. Joe knew about them. His was Barbara Feldon. How fun!! I need to go find the Lennon Sisters on Facebook now. I loved watching Lawrence Welk and still will catch a rerun if I find one. xo
ReplyDeleteAw, Dan Blocker was precious. I think I shed a tear or two when he passed away.
DeleteI remember the scrapbook my Great-Grandmother made for me - how I loved going through all the quaint and, to me, exquisite bits of cards and pictures that she took the time to organize. I sure hope I will come across it at some point as I go through things that were stored at my parents' home. You've brought back sweet memories with this post, Myra. I remember watching the Lennon Sisters with my grandparents when they had Lawrence Welk on TV and I thought their harmonies were exquisite. Maybe the closest I've ever come to an adult crush would be Kevin Kostner in Yellowstone. Don't tell Danny!
ReplyDeleteThat's so wonderful about your gr-grandmother's scrapbook. What gifts they've left behind. Original bloggers, perhaps!
ReplyDeleteMy lips are sealed! 😉
ReplyDeleteI had an early early crush on Moochie of Disney fame
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteI remember the Lennon sisters, but can't say I remember them well, but I liked them at the time.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh I did have tons of crushes on movie stars too. This was a good read. Lots of memories.
Thanks, Sandie!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI definitely had an Elvis crush and I still listens to his songs and dream. We're never too old to dream! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteHow right you are! ... and they don't cost us a thing!
DeleteI am also besotted with the Wales family. I watch/read whatever comes by way on all of them. I think Princess Kate is beautiful and elegant, and it seems Charlotte is following in her footsteps. Because I love English history their ancestry fascinates me. Other than Israel the only other country I would love to visit is England!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my fandom!
DeleteWhen I was about 4 or 5 yrs. old, I had a crush on Karen, one of the yougest Mouseketeers on the Disney show. Much later, it was Hayley Mills.
ReplyDeleteJon
Karen and Cubby ... yes! Those two were adorable together.
DeleteOh gosh, Now I'm trying to think about any crushes I might have had... I liked a lot of different boys in my school over the years, whether they liked me or not. I used to watch Lawrence Welk every Saturday night too...It was kind of a mandatory thing at our house. And I did love the Lennon Sisters, but I can't say I had a crush on them. I probably liked Rowdy Yates on Rawhide (Clint Eastwood), and Ricky Nelson on Ozzie and Harriet, and George Harrison was my favorite Beatle. Not sure why. He wasn't the best looking, but there was something about him I liked. I don't really follow the British Monarchy that much anymore. I do like William and Kate, however, and I do hope he will become King someday sooner rather than later. Regarding England and ancestry, when I did my DNA on Ancestry.com, I found out that my paternal Grandmother's birth father was English. (she was adopted). My grandmother loved tea and so do I, and I think that must be why. My grandmother never knew who her birth parents were. I hope she's met them in heaven by now, and I hope I will get to meet them too someday. I would love to visit England and trace our roots. I hope you have a lovely week. This was fun. Made me think about things. Good job! LOL.
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't mean 'crush' on the LS in "that" way, lol! That interesting about your family anchestry!
DeleteRowdy Yates was my first celebrity crush, and yesssss(!) to George Harrison with the soul-ful eyes. His death really hurt.