Dear Hailey (server),
Thank you!
When I asked for water "with lemon", you apologized for not having any lemon but asked, "Would you like to try a lime instead?"
When I asked for water "with lemon", you apologized for not having any lemon but asked, "Would you like to try a lime instead?"
Not only is that refreshing, but delicious.
I don't want to go back!
Dear Blog bot,
Here we go again!
I remember back in the day when our teacher used to deliberately pair/gather students who didn't know each other well.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. I suppose we're creatures of habit; more comfortable with those we know best.
Is that what you're doing, Mr. Bot?
More often than not, Reader's all over the place. I'm having to go searching for my friends' posts.
I'm too old to play Nancy Drew.
I'm too old to play Nancy Drew.
Speaking of which ....
Dear Meta,
I'm more than a little infatuated with your new AI glasses.
You mean to tell me, I can walk around recording audio and video through my lens? (Spy girl, lol.)
What a great time to be alive!
Dear Dr. B,
I was more than a little concerned when, following a routine screening, the VA suggested Tom has the beginnings of macular degeneration.
Thank you for assuring us yesterday that is not the case.
Dear friends,
The first time I heard of this "holiday", I was but a 10-year-old attending summer camp in the Rockies. What fun we had, decorating the recreation hall, singing carols and crafting "Secret Santa" gifts for those whose names were drawn.
I've never really outgrown those thoughts, and -- prompted by this meme -- have even begun 'shopping' for myself on Amazon.
Tomorrow's Christmas in July!
The first time I heard of this "holiday", I was but a 10-year-old attending summer camp in the Rockies. What fun we had, decorating the recreation hall, singing carols and crafting "Secret Santa" gifts for those whose names were drawn.
I've never really outgrown those thoughts, and -- prompted by this meme -- have even begun 'shopping' for myself on Amazon.
My favorites include these cute t-shirts.
..... like 60's bumper stickers all over again ...
only now we wear our thoughts on our chests!
only now we wear our thoughts on our chests!
Not only am I going to gift myself one, but!
In honor of my upcoming 18th (whoo-hoo!) Blogaversary I'm doing a giveaway: Winner's choice of one of these cute shirts.
In honor of my upcoming 18th (whoo-hoo!) Blogaversary I'm doing a giveaway: Winner's choice of one of these cute shirts.
No rules. If you'd like to participate, leave me a 'yay' in the comments between now and July 31 ... together with your choice and size.
I'll do a drawing on August 1 and announce the winner shortly thereafter.
Y'all be well.
Sweater season's going to be here before we know it!
Sweater season's going to be here before we know it!
Hugs, Myra






Thank God and Praise the Lord for the good news about Tom.
ReplyDeleteI like "Emotionally attached to fictional characters". I wonder which character is that?
Best wishes Mevely. Praying for you all. God bless.
I think ... perhaps ... it might be someone with the initials F.I.
Delete" Yay " I love the T-shirts and think the Tripping one would be perfect and in a size M.
ReplyDeleteMyra, this is really a delightful post today.
Love how your mind works.
Sue
ð
DeleteChristmas in July? I'm all in! I like the Walking by Faith shirt and I wear a small. You are the sweetest, Myra, and I'm so glad your doctor could put you both at ease regarding Tom's eyes. My mother had that condition and I'm praying I don't get it down the road.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
ð
DeleteI like the story about the waiter giving you a lime and you trying and liking it - way to go being open minded. Glad Tom's eyes are okay - I do have the beginning of it. I am trying to figure out my blog and changing addresses. FRUSTRATED! Sandie/Chatty
ReplyDeleteðĪŠ
DeleteMyra, I have bought my own Christmas gifts for many decades! LoL. I always get exactly what I want with no returns or re-gifting!
ReplyDeleteYaY! I am "Walking By Faith - Tripping Constantly!" I wear a size 2X by choice! LoL
ð
DeleteHow fun!! Keep me in the cheering crowd for a winner!! What a fun post, Myra! xo
ReplyDeleteðĪ
DeleteThese notes made me laugh even though I sure find truth in each word. Fun post and I just absolutely love the way you express yourself.... Yay....I do want my name in the drawing... XL (sounds terrible) and the 2nd photo.
ReplyDeleteð
DeleteI will opt out of the give away. I treasure two gifts from you. The book and cute handy US stamp holder. WE still use them.. THANKS again. Also love the entry as always, and I must be going blind, I think this is the first time I saw Chloe, Robert, Penelope on the side bar. Love it. There is is hiding in plain sight!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you lady...
ðĪ
DeleteI don't wear t-shirts anymore so I'll pass. I still have a couple hanging in my closet that I still haven't ever worn. Enjoyed your letters!
ReplyDeleteðĪ
DeleteI am having the same trouble with the evil bots who are running blogger. I have to hunt folks down now to read most blogs.
ReplyDeleteðĪŠ
DeleteThat’s great news about Tom’s eyes. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteðMerry!
DeleteCongratulations on your 18 years blogging!
ReplyDeleteThank you for introducing me all those years ago!
DeleteIt has been so hot here, that I've been in my bathing suit here. No need for a t shirt. although they are cute! Glad to hear about Tom's eyes! That is a major blessing ! I'll be leaving for Ohio tomorrow so I'll be off line for a day. See you on Monday! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteðĪ
DeleteI enjoyed your letters. That is a cute idea but I won't steal it although I am tempted. I do like cute things.
ReplyDeleteSteal away, girl! That's what I did many years ago.
DeleteWow, those are cool shirts. Wishing you a beautiful day, my friend.
ReplyDeleteðĪ
DeleteAI glasses, watches etc...should be avoided, they're surveillance devices used by the hostile government.
ReplyDeleteI first heard about META glasses 2 weeks ago when I saw on my friend FB page, a video she took while riding her horse on trails. they own a business that takes people to state parks to ride. Her horse back movie are wonderful. The comment asked how she got such good steady videos, that when she tried it it blurs and jiggles.
ReplyDeleteShe answered I wear META glasses. Had to look them up.
I LOVE LOVE EVERY ONE of your dear letters today.
So glad to hear the MD is not MD for Tom.. I have two shirts with writing and want another but find it hard to find one that fits right and have been looking. will let you know if I find one to add.
My favorite Christian radio station does Christmas in July every year and I love it. How refreshing to hear all that Christmas music in this terrible heat we're having. I love the graphic of Macie Ann on your sidebar. hmmm, lime instead of lemon, sounds good. :))
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post so much as always. Sorry I'm late. I never heard of the META glasses, so will have to look that one up. I do like lime in water or tea. There's one restaurant we've visited that only has lime instead of lemon. So happy Tom doesn't have MD. My MIL had that and it was not nice. However, she took "Preservision" vitamins and used Refresh eye drops and had the shots in her eyes, and she actually got better or at least maintained so it didn't get worse, which was a blessing. Funny, I can't seem to get my head around the idea of Christmas in July. It's all I can do to manage it in December! LOL. However, regarding gifts for myself...if I have any at all under the tree, it's because I bought them. Hubby gave up after too many frustrations of buying me things that did not fit or just didn't work for me for whatever reason, and told me to order something for myself from then on. So I do, but I make him wrap them so I'll be surprised when I open them! LOL. So now, you are being so kind and generous with your blogaversary give away idea. That is so sweet. I love all the shirts, but the one about walking by faith and tripping would be me for sure. Most likely I would need an XL, unless they run really big. Better safe than sorry. I like things roomy. LOL. But you are so sweet to do this. I will be happy for whoever the blessed person is who receives such a lovely gift from you. However, we receive a lovely gift from you every time you write!! Have a lovely day my friend.
ReplyDeleteYay! XL -- Emotionally Attached! Great post today!
ReplyDelete