Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Mid-week middlin'

 


Welcome back to my splendidly imperfect life!

There's little going on in the way of excitement -- unless one counts yesterday's mammogram. (All together now - ugh!)


For today, I thought I'd talk about two of my favorite things:  Eating and reading.


🤗


After some 10 months of reckless grazing, I've decided to hop back on the Keto wagon.  

Sausage and Hatch chili, blanketed with 4-cheese, buttery eggs.

Not coincidentally, during these oppressive hot days, I like to surround myself with colors of autumn.  Winters, too.  (Even my hand soap's called, "Snowdrop" -- so refreshing!)  




Anyway!
This made me giggle

True!

Thankfully, Tom knows me pretty well.  Hence ... 

Yesterday's errands happened to include a stop at the best BBQ spot outside west Texas.  We walked out with a big slab of hickory smoked ribs and 2# of brisket.

😋



Knock wood, I think my eagerness to read has begun to wake up.  But, no.  It's a see-saw.

After The Correspondent, my DNF list began to grow.  Then along came Theo of Golden.

Enjoyable, it was easy to linger on a page or two each evening before bed -- until our local library informed me it was due the next day.
Because another patron had called 'dibs', they wouldn't let me renew.
 
So, I did something I've always considered loathsome, and Googled 'spoilers.'   Like a little kid caught with her hand in the cookie jar, it felt downright sacrilegious.
  



Not sacrilegious at all, I think a few of you've visited The Christian Lounge (there on my sidebar).

It's author/creator (Victor) and I share a fondness to try and visualize fictional people and places.

Hence, his invitation.  I hope you'll go over there and vote for your favorite.








'Til next time, please

Be good to yourself ... and others!

Hugs, Myra



 



 





















30 comments:

  1. I just saw what you posted at the Christian Lounge, Myra, and left a comment there. How impressive and creative those photos are! And I would strongly suggest going ahead and ordering Theo of Golden - it's one of the best novels I've ever read. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I just might! Thank you for your sweet compliment.

      Delete
  2. Now that's a breakfast! Wow. Funny you mentioned the,BBQ, I was just telling my husband about going to our local place to get some ribs. I don't go to the bother of making g them at home anymore.
    I'll have to check out your post on the Christian Lounge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBQ for lunch seems ideal in this weather. Very hot here - about 40*C (104*F). You are right - avoid food which is advertised on TV.

    I love your photos of The Christian Lounge. I prefer No. 1.

    Thanx and God bless, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too. (Prefer #1, that is.) I'd no idea the temps were so extreme in the UK!

      Delete
  4. I can always go for a meal that includes BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now I am hungry for not only hatch peppers, but for some good ol' BBQ. I haven't had BBQ since Sam has been sick. I need to do a better job at visiting the lounge..There is a lot of good there. I started Theo of Golden like about 2 months ago...Need to finish it!! Summer has done this to me...no reading going on around here right now. Have a blessed day dear Myra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I might package some and deliver to your door!

      Delete
  6. Yes, those are never fun. Yum on your meal. Yum on your BBQ. Sorry you couldn't renew the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, how awful to be 1/2 way through a book and not be able to renew it! That's just downright mean! Maybe you can get it back and start over again later, but now that you read the spoilers on it, well, I guess that's it for that book! I am in a reading marathon right now of books by Rhys Bowen. She has some interesting historical fiction/mysteries, etc., and thankfully our library has quite a few of them, so I've been binge reading. Hence I haven't been reading as much here in blogland I am afraid, and now I have this eye issue with the infected tear duct, and my eye is kind of droopy and tires out quickly. Oh well...I'm trying to keep up. The BBQ ribs really sound good to me. Hubby isn't as big of a fan, so I have to get them when we go out to eat at BBQ places if I want them. I really don't know how to cook them good enough, except for the country style in the crock pot. I haven't read the Christian Lounge posts yet. Shame on me. I just don't seem to have time to add more to my reading list, but I need to check it out. Seems like all my friends are hanging out there and I don't want to miss out. Your breakfast looks yummy, although I don't think I could do the hatch chili stuff. Sounds too "hot to handle" for me! LOL. Have a lovely rest of your week. I'm slowly making the rounds here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll see if there's not an inexpensive copy out on eBay. Thanks for stopping by while on your rounds, dear friend!

      Delete
  8. I am hopping back on the keto wagon with you. Not fun but I need to do it___again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm basically a carnivore, but ya. It's a struggle coming off sugar.

      Delete
  9. Oh it's just not fair ... I sure am hungry for some Really, Really good BBQ. Wish I had some right now.
    Caring for my hubby for the last month and a half has had its benefits. I have lost 5 pounds !!
    He's doing so much better and I am feeling good because of the pounds off of me.
    I used to love to read any time of the day or night. Somehow I have lost my groove. The books are piled in a corner ... Unread ...
    Hoping to get back into it sometime ...
    That breakfast looks divine. Yummm ...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a way to lose weight! I know you wouldn't recommend it, but I'm thrilled Dave is doing better. Yay!

      Delete
  10. I am a huge fan of Theo of Golden and the Correspondent. Loved them both. Hope you get to finish the book you had to return to the library but I am sure the spoiler, spoiled it for you. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not? In a year's time I may have forgotten. That's one of the perks of aging, lol!

      Delete
  11. I've had some good BBQ this month! YUM! I stick to keto most of the time, until I get a craving for pasta. That's always my downfall (and ice cream)! I'm late getting here!! Sorry!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apologies, my friend ... I'm always happy to 'see' you!

      Delete
  12. I love reading and eating too! I do those two things every day. I've not read the books you mentioned yet. I think I would have kept the book and paid the fine for returning it late. Texas has some of the finest BBQ you can find. My SIL and DS#2 do a fine job of making it and I've ate a lot of it! Mmmgood!
    Try to enjoy this hot summer! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know if you decide to read The Correspondent, Ma. I think it's something you'd love.

      Delete
  13. I hadn't heard of the book, but I looked it up and read about the ending. Nice life lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes grazing is okay. Then you hop back on the diet bandwagon. You like food a little bit spicier than I can handle though. I love eating and reading too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, growing up in New Mexico I learned to love spicy food early on.

      Delete
  15. I have been reading The Christian lounge but not commenting for the last couple of weeks. I am with you on eating/reading and have for my entire life.
    I am off to follow the link, to see if I read this one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!