Hey there ... g'evening!
I'd grand plans to start the day with vim n' vigor ... baking utensils were at the ready.
At 3-something thing morning, however, my back reminded me I'd used up all my 'vigor' yesterday while doing a frantic house cleanse. Selfishly, perhaps, I put myself on Injured Reserve.
At 3-something thing morning, however, my back reminded me I'd used up all my 'vigor' yesterday while doing a frantic house cleanse. Selfishly, perhaps, I put myself on Injured Reserve.
Several Aleve and Lidocaine patches later, I now feel ready to bring on the "most wonderful time of the year"! Let's do this!
Birthday lady, Annie wants to know, "What are your Thanksgiving Days like?"
Do you celebrate with family, friends or by yourself?
This year there will be but 4 -- Tom and myself, Troy and Lois. Grand-girl Chloe, Robert and Penelope are headed to Robert's dad and family in Mississippi.
I can't share details, but Robert's unit is about to deploy for several months. While I totally support our Country's armed services, it hurts to know he might not be here not only for Chloe's birthday, but his baby girls' first birthday.
(Not he's the first, certainly not the last ... but still.)
π¦
Do you watch the Thanksgiving Day parade from Macy's in New York City? The appearance of Santa at the end signals the start of the Christmas season. What does the day hold for you?
Oh, how my mother loved a good parade!
Honestly, it was never a big deal for me -- but she's been heavy on my mind lately ... I'm feel led to watch/listen.
Honestly, it was never a big deal for me -- but she's been heavy on my mind lately ... I'm feel led to watch/listen.
π¦
What foods are the hit of Thanksgiving for you?
On our table this year?
Hickory-smoked brisket, corn casserole, mashed potatoes-and-gravy, crescent rolls .....and a new-to-me "cheesy artichoke hearts casserole" (keto-friendly for Lois and myself).
Hickory-smoked brisket, corn casserole, mashed potatoes-and-gravy, crescent rolls .....and a new-to-me "cheesy artichoke hearts casserole" (keto-friendly for Lois and myself).
Aside:
Long-time readers may remember, the Thanksgivings of my childhood weren't the norm. Being thousands of miles away from family, the long weekend was an excuse to drive to Colorado ... a hotel in downtown Denver ... a dude ranch ... even a train ride to a newly-developed community called Breckenridge. My father's only requisite: not being fond of turkey, he wanted to be able to order off the menu.It wasn't Norman Rockwall, but it was good. Carrying on an old family tradition!
π¦
We say grace before and after meals. Is grace a part of your Thanksgiving meal?
Yes, absolutely ... thanks to Troy for reminding me what matters.
Whatever your Thanksgiving traditions, I pray that the day is meaningful and filled with love for you whether with family, friends or alone. May God shine His blessing love down on you and yours and make us all truly thankful this year.

I remember always having the parade on in the background as a child but never got into it either. It isn't like what it used to be, so we play music.
ReplyDeleteThat artichoke cheesy casserole sounds good.
Background music ... yes. So much better than television 24/7.
DeleteAbsolutely! πΆπ΅
DeleteI know that must be so hard on families that have someone in the service, and they can't be home.
ReplyDeleteI thank them for serving our country and making it a better and safer place to live.
Thank you, Sandie!
DeleteI am praying for your good health, Mevely; and for your family too. Wishing you a most wonderful Thanksgiving and may God bless you all always.
ReplyDeleteYour prayers are so appreciated, Victor. Blessings!
DeletePrayers for Robert and his family, which includes you too. I know how hard this will be, especially with the baby and his wife.. Have a wonderful day with your family, and enjoy that cheesy thingy, eat a roll for me. or two or three...Happy Thanksgiving
ReplyDeleteYou know, I just might! π
DeleteKeeping in prayer, Myra...and your Thanksgiving meal sounds really good. smiles.--Happy Thanksgiving my friend.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving, Linda and Dave!
DeletePrayers for your back...hope the rest of the "to do" will be nice to you. It is heartbreaking knowing the sacrifices that our service men and women make in order to serve our Country. Our grandson and his family has not been able to join us for Thanksgiving or Christmas in a couple of years.. Makes me sad not to be able to celebrate and love on this during this time of the year. Your meal sounds perfect to me!! If you lived closer to me, I might would hop on over and enjoy some of that brisket. Wishing you all a fabulous and restful Thanksgiving Day..big hugs..
ReplyDeleteSpoken like a true Texan, Shug! You're always welcome!
DeleteHere we are having Turkey for Thanksgiving, but many Texans do prefer brisket. We will be at DS#2's house. He's smoking a turkey and my SIL is doing one in his Turkey fryer. Everyone else is bring the side dishes and dessert. It will be an outstanding feast for sure, I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving! As always I'll be praying for our military forces. Love, ma
ReplyDeleteI've never had a fried turkey! I hope it all is delicious and the conversation's great!
DeleteI hope you feel better, and wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Martha.
DeleteI hope you have a wonderful, peaceful Thanksgiving. ❤️
ReplyDeleteπ€ Thanks so much!
DeleteCheesy artichoke hearts casserole sounds great. I will have to see if the Internet has a recipe for it.
ReplyDeleteI'm actually combining two I found online -- fingers crossed. (If it comes out okay, I'll share the melded version!)
DeleteNeither of us are fond of parades. They are only fun if I get to be in it.
ReplyDeleteCheesy artichoke hearts sounds yummy. I'll have to search for that recipe.
All our family is somewhere else this year. It happens. No biggy as we'll spend it with good friends from Church.
Happy Thanksgiving to y'all! ❤️
Good friends are often as good as -- or better than -- blood kin!
DeleteWishing you and yours a lovely day, Myra! I'll have the parade on the TV while getting the turkey in the roaster. Folks won't pop in until 2:00ish so I'll have time in the morning to get things done. I need to shut the cats in the back room before I set the tables and sanitize food surfaces! Will get some Christmas started on Friday. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI can read the excitement and joy in your words, Terri! Happy Thanksgiving!
DeleteOh I sure hope your back cooperates and you can enjoy that Brisket. My hubby would be thrilled to eat that 24/7 !!!
ReplyDeleteThe parade has changed so much that I have lost interest in it and enjoyed some extra time under the covers, since we are going to #1 son's home for dinner. All I have to bring are the sack of potatoes and gravy. All will be done there in the instant pot. A win/win for me this year ... though I do miss the fragrance of turkey roasting in the oven.
We definitely say grace and go around the table to say some things we are grateful for. Its a great family time.
Enjoy your day and I'm so Thankful for you and your bloggie comments. You are a gem.
Sue
π
DeleteMy condolences, it's awful to be deployed to fight in wars in Venezuela and the ME for oil and the benefits of bankers, corporate elites and the military industrial complex.
ReplyDeleteYour Thanksgiving menu sounds delicious. I'm sorry your back was a bother and I hope you're feeling much better now. I'm also sorry that Robert is to be deployed at this time time of year. May God keep him and all his unit safe.
ReplyDeleteWe had a very quiet Thanksgiving at home. Oldest daughter sent us a BIG care package for our Thanksgiving feast. I missed being with family, yet enjoyed the peace of home.
ReplyDeleteWe celebrate all together minus Hannah, Jake and Ignatius. But this year without Avery stuck in the hospital for three nights. Hardest time I have had in a long while. Brittany, our precious daughter-in-law makes a corn side dish with green chilies. YUMMY! I love the fruit and veggie trays. Zach made a different gravy than Avery does. It was good but I think my problem was missing my sweetheart. He went to work today. He needs to behave or else he'll be in trouble. LOVE & HUGS
ReplyDelete