Outside?
Whew, y'all. Last night was a pretty sobering experience. Something I saw on FB this morning: "When the Weather Channel comes to town, it isn't good. Ten minutes of terror and adrenaline." Yep.
We've experienced a few rolling power outages today, but consider ourselves lucky. Blessed.
Our Valentine's?
Our date entrees were disappointing, at best. (No, we didn't say anything.)
Lesson learned.
Must admit, our earlier mood was shattered by a Prayer Warriors!!! call-out from Pastor Janet. Samuel, the "church baby" (aka, miracle boy) inexplicably stopped breathing Friday morning.
Despite having spent the first 6 months of his life at Children's Birmingham, at 15 months Sammy was doing so good. Kicking *** and taking names.
So here we sat at Olive Garden with tears streaming. Tom kept saying, "It's not fair."
We'll no doubt attend Sammy's funeral on Tuesday; meanwhile I'm trying to think of something to prepare for our church's meal train.
If you're so inclined, please join me in prayer for my friends.
Speaking of Birmingham, we're taking the ride tomorrow for Tom's semi-annual echo and meet with his doctor.
Already I'm fretting -- not because of the check-up but because of the drive. I don't know whatever happened to the Me who used to flit this way-and-that about the Country without so much as a GPS or cellular. Such a whuss I've become!
Already I'm fretting -- not because of the check-up but because of the drive. I don't know whatever happened to the Me who used to flit this way-and-that about the Country without so much as a GPS or cellular. Such a whuss I've become!
Hopefully while there we'll feel up to visit a new-to-us restaurant. I mean, Tom might feel so inclined. It's not so lady-like, but I'm always hungry. (*sigh*)
A final thought ...
Wishing everyone of y'all a blessed new week!
Hugs, Myra




This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo sad to hear about your church miracle baby. Obviously his short time touched many before God brought him home.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn’t feel right that tomorrow is Monday.
I am now feeling the results of a BLINK and I am not that happy with it.
ReplyDeleteIt hurts my heart that the baby is gone and prayers for the family and for your church family as they grieve. Be prepared for the ultimate heart break at the funeral. I once attended a funeral for a 12 month old baby and the sight of the tiny casket tore me up. sorry the entree was not what you thought.
I just prayed for a safe trip today and for a smooth visit to MeDreamy and getting back home to your babies. I suffer the same thing you do..
Not only driving now, but the same feeling has hit me hard at home. I bought a new printer and I don't know if I can install it. I have installed numerous printers over the last years and this one has been 3 days on the bed in the box. I am afraid to open it and try to connect it. my fears trap me in my home, traffic fears and finding things fears and to think of driving to st Pete or tampa Makes me crazy. I do think I would feel better if I had someone with me. not bob, he makes it worse.
I'm praying for Sammy and his family.
ReplyDeleteAlso, praying for you and Tom. May God be with you all at this difficult time.
God bless, dear friends.
I am so sorry to read about Sammy...rest assured he is being well cared for in Heaven (and I know this because my son is on the welcoming committee, just saying, smiles). Keeping Tom and you in prayer, I did not like driving in Birmingham, no thanks. I have an enough of driving here in Ocala, lol.
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for Sammy's family. It' s so sad when the little ones die.. Glad you escaped the storm. We have had some roller coaster weather but no storms. Today is beautiful, sunny and in the 60's. There seems to be so much more traffic than their used to be it may be what's making you more hesitant. Hope all goes well with the tests and with the trip too. Love, ma
ReplyDeletePoor little guy . . . I'll add the family to my prayer list, Myra. Let us know how Tom's checkup goes, and I'll be praying for y'all, too. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about Sammy! Will be praying for his family. So tragic to lose a child. A family in our church lost their 7 year old child last week...so hard. He was born with a genetic issue. This much I believe, they both are with Jesus and having a wonderful time. Take care, my friend.
ReplyDeleteOh, no, little Sammy. What heart break for his parents. At least we can be assured that Sammy is an innocent, safely resting in the arms of His loving Creator. But we here suffer for a little while. Yes, prayers for the family and friends.
ReplyDeleteSorry the food wasn't any good. That seems to happen often lately, to us it does, any way. We've practically quit eating in restaurants.
So far, I'm not having any problem with driving. I just don't like to travel any more because I find it boring, expensive, tiresome, and I get homesick 'cause there's nothing to do in a hotel room and the dogs aren't with me. Maybe for me it's more a case of being spoiled. lol
Blessings. ✨
(((hugs))) I'm so sorry for that loss of one so very young. Its hard to understand why.
ReplyDeleteDisappointing food for your celebration. That's just not fair either..
Brr on the crazy fickle weather
Stay warm and prayers for Tom's dr. apt. and your getting there.
(((hugs again)))
Sue
Oh Myra....I am so sorry and my heart goes out to family and to each of you for the loss of this child. Will definitely keep you all in my prayers.. It is so very disappointing to get a meal that is not worth the effort of eating. Same thing happened to my Sam...his baked potato was cold and not even edible. I tried to get him to send it back, but he didn't. We most likely will not be eating at this place again... Wishing you safe travels on your trip into Birmingham. Do an imagination ride and imagine you are seeing snow covered mountains and gorgeous streams. lol.. Hope all comes out well for Tom. Yep, I remember those silly, crazy 6th grade years. I'm pretty sure that I have a similar photo of me and my cousin, just like the one above. Hugs to you all.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sad about your Sammy at church. Life isn't fair. I know the older I get the harder it is to drive downtown. I hope you get to go to the new restaurant. I agree - one minute we are young and the next we are playing with the young. How did it happen?
ReplyDeleteSorry about the issues going on. We had power out the other day. What a pain that is. Sorry about the food not being good. So sorry to hear about Sammy. Keeping his family in my thoughts and prayers. Have a safe drive to the appointment and pray that all is well. Hope you find a great place to eat. Take care. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteOh SAmmy! It does beat all your thinking when something like that grabs your insides. I read the book "When Crickets Cry" and I hurt just reading about situations 'THAT JUST DON'T SEEM FAIR!'
ReplyDeleteDUT THE HEALING IS COMPLETE FOR SAMMY! It is the ones left that need our prayers.
Love ya (No fun either to NOT be happy on a date!"
I'm so sorry about Sammy. Prayers for you all. ❤️
ReplyDeleteMy sympathy and prayers on Sammy's passing. So sad! I hope the driving and Tom's appointment went well and you found a great place to eat.
ReplyDeleteoh my heart breaks for your church and Sammy's family! I hope your appointment went well yesterday. Where did y'all eat?
ReplyDelete