Smiles?
I really intended to do a Friday Favorites post, but ... Life Happened. (No worries, it's all good.)
So without further ado, here's a few things that brightened my days --
I'm not especially fond of ice cream, but.
Seeing adverts for this on FB (Keto page), I grew curious.
Seeing adverts for this on FB (Keto page), I grew curious.
Zero grams sugar, hmm?
I was doubtful, but still wanted something to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Oh my goodness, y'all!
This may be the best ice cream I've tasted in years.
This may be the best ice cream I've tasted in years.
He's no Sean Dietrich, but close!
I've begun following Rick on FB where he profiles human-interest, 'feel good' stories.
Real news for real people.
Real news for real people.
Another someone I discovered
Terrance Haanen (Images)
... whose FB page says is, "Living his best life in New Mexico."
I don't know that I'll ever get back home to visit, but this may be my new favorite coffee mug.
Santa Fe snowstorm
Santa Fe snowstorm
These days of disrespectful heat ...
I can still daydream of crisp Winter days spent on Canyon Road ...
I can still daydream of crisp Winter days spent on Canyon Road ...
and warm bowls of green chile stew.
Okay, I need to pour another cup and get ready to visit Troy and family.
They didn't ask us to bring anything, but I've a taste for some Boursin hard-boiled (aka deviled) eggs.
So good!
I hope y'all have a super Saturday!
Hugs, Myra







Do have fun today, regardless of the heat, smiles.
ReplyDelete😉
DeleteI've been wondering about that ice cream. I may have to try it soon.
ReplyDeleteLet me know how you like it!
DeleteWhat's the ingredient they use to substitute for sugar? Have a wonderful time with your family, Myra!
ReplyDeleteI don't claim to fully understand nutrition labels, Martha -- but I just added a photo (above) listing all the ingredients.
Deletelet us know how the visit went, and any photos of their lovely house would be nice.. ice cream is always good.. the one thing I miss more than any other sugar treat is chocolate ice cream, the cheap kind the expensive kind, any kind will do... I might try chocolate powder in my fruit smoothy.. thanks for the idea that popped in my head. I don't have time to listen or read other people, I spend all my spare time drawing on the iPad.. ha ha.. to bad I have zero talent, but it is still fun..
ReplyDeleteI love to listen to Jeff Foxworthy and we found one on Netflix. there are about 20 comics one hour shows. most of them are so foul mouthed and uncouth I could not stand to listen. I found one woman that made me laugh. bob did not think she was funny because she was telling the truth about men. LOL
We love Jeff Foxworthy! Gabriel Iglasious, too.
DeleteThat is interesting about the ice cream. I''ll have to check it out. Interesting, I haven't heard of Sean but I guess I need to check him out too! I love the mug. I love the Boursin cheese but don't know about the hard boiled eggs. However, I had some cheese and I also ate a hard boiled egg yesterday. Enjoy your Saturday.
ReplyDeleteYes, please check out Sean! 😀(seandietrich.com)
DeleteWe just had deviled eggs for lunch, the real ones. Not sure what that "sugar alcohol" is in that ice cream...how is that not sugar? I don't understand KETO diets at all. I hope you have had a lovely day with your family. That mug is really "cool", pun intended. LOL. Somehow I can't picture NM being cold, but I guess it does get that way in winter? I've never been out west, so I have no concept except what I've seen in pictures/movies. I'm afraid I'm a southeastern/New Englander/midwestern (Ohio)/PA kind of gal. LOL. At least that's where I've been and liked it, except in winter (New England/Ohio/PA) and except in summer(southeastern). I guess there's no perfect place, so we just do the best we can and be thankful for what we've got! I like Sean D., but don't know the other guy. May have to check him out. Have a lovely weekend. It's hot as blazes here right now.
ReplyDeleteYes, my hometown in northern NM can get cold ... the region is a favorite of snow skiers. Check out Lisa's answer to our ???'s about Keto (below).
DeleteDid you have a TV advert with the slogan, "Du pain, du vin et du Boursin"? Says it all.
ReplyDeleteBoursin, or brie, or Roquefort, avec du vin rouge et une baguette, ou des croissants; c'est merveilleux.
God bless.
Why, thank you. Yes, please!
DeleteSo you add Boursin to eggs? I never thought of that.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am going to buy some Rebel Ice cream - hope you are right! lol
Let me know, okay!?
DeleteI hope you have a wonderful day in spite of the heat!
ReplyDelete---Cheerful Monk
Thanks! 🤗❤️
DeleteI looked up Rick Karle and started following him. Thanks for that!! Good news is always a welcome blessing!! Enjoy your visit with your kiddos!! Love ya, Myra!
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling me! 💛
DeleteI just typed several sentences and promptly lost them! Do you mix the Boursin with the yolks instead of mustard and mayo? Erythritol is the sugar alcohol. I have to be careful when eating. If I eat too much, I have gastro issues. It looks like the ice cream also has Monk fruit sweetener which I use.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this info (sugar alcohol and sweetener)! Yes, I added Boursin and mayo to the yolks -- but used too much Duke's. Hot mess! But my son loved it.
DeleteYour Saturday sounds delightful. Fascinated about the Keto ice cream...I may have to try some.
ReplyDeleteLove that coffee mug. It looks so cooling on this hot heat wave week. Yesterday it was 110F. I went to a family gathering for a birthday party. Dave was under the weather and stayed home. Their home is by a small river and was the blessed place to be at all afternoon.
Going to look up those Feel Good links. the more of them I can read the better I will be.
Sue
110*? I'm wilting! 🥵
DeleteSWEET read! I love Butter -pecan Ice cream. One carton lasts me 4 nights. I can't do that but once a month; LOL. Enjoyed the visit, love family stuff...
ReplyDeleteSimple pleasures mean a lot!
DeleteI'm pretty much off sugar, but I do treat myself to a keto/no sugar variety when it's on sale. Way too pricy, but then again that's what treats are for. Thanks for the early b'day greetings.
ReplyDelete🥳
DeleteThanks for the recommend. I love ice cream. Am going to hunt for the "Rebel" brand immediately.
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend was great. 💙
Hugs!
Delete