Thanks again to Joyce for hosting her #560th 😮 weekly episode of the Hodgepodge.
💚
What's an adult problem nobody prepared you for?
I remember being warned about the importance of self-care, but I suppose I presumed I was bullet-proof.
My back and hips -- and wrinkles -- would disagree!
Then of course, there's the sad truth of being an adult orphan.
Without mentioning any tech, what's your most prized possession?
It's National Peach Ice Cream Day (July 17).
Probably not
Every now and then. Peaches/pears/bananas/grapefruit are about the only fruits I eat on purpose. Sparingly.
Cobbler, please!
Not any longer, no.
What makes a friendship successful?
I'd like to say shared interests -- but there are two individuals I consider close whose Spiritual beliefs and politics differ significantly from my own. In our case, I'm going to say mutual Respect.
That, and a sense of humor.
Let's give our brains a rest and do a little summertime This-or-That --




I'm sure I was told to eat right, exercise, take care of my skin, etc but like you say we felt like we could worry about all that another day. Yes to respect! It's somewhat lost today.
ReplyDelete... but not really gone -- as long as a few of us remember.
DeleteI love your meme and it is so true.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to be an adult sometimes isn't it.
I knew you would pick your doggies.
I agree with cobbler - I love peaches although I am from the peach state.
I agree the closest people have the same spiritual background.
Have a good day.
Thanks, Sandie!
DeleteI totally agree with your random thought. Also, we cannot always agree on everything with family and friends. There will be times when we disagree on some things. I accept that with respect - and get even later. (Did you say a sense of humour?)
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
What a great idea! 🤭
DeleteYour random thought is right on target.
ReplyDeleteMy most prized possession is my ability to think for myself without outside influences....and my uncanny ability to survive.
I love peaches. How about some peach ice cream?
Successful friendship? Honesty.
You're a rare gem, Jon V. (and I mean that.)
DeleteI don't know if I'm a gem, but I'm definitely rare....
DeleteSince dad and momma were from Georgia, he always called her his 'Georgia Peach'. Imma tell you she could make a great peach cobbler. Enjoyed the read,
ReplyDeletejack &Sherry
Oh, that's sweet!
DeleteMy doggies are prized possessions too. All three got a bath this morning. Now I'm really achy and tired.
ReplyDeleteI think I did the best I could taking care of my health what with the lies taught us about "health" in School (food pyramid), commercials, uninformed doctors & dietitians and the like. Seems like life got in the way most of the time. 😉
The meme about an older adult: it's funny, I realized that just the other day. I was not close to my parents but suddenly I wanted to call my step-mom. Just felt the need. She's been with Jesus since January 2004. Where did that come from?! It was outta the blue. Kinda made me feel sad and lost for a moment. Good thing I have Jesus. He's always "on call", it's toll-free and He always answers the phone.
The body of our house is peach color with a green tin roof. I always have to be different. 🤣 💙
Thank you for sharing that 'tug', Pam. Maybe, possibly she was thinking of you about that same time.
DeleteMine would disagree too! Of course it's your girls. I just love those photos that Google sends. I do bananas everyday. I love pear too. Mutual respect and a sense of humor are important. Love your random.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debby!
DeleteI love that your doggies are your prized possessions! They are so cute!
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteYour doggies are the cutest, Myra, and that last meme says it all. Blessings, friend!
ReplyDelete💛
DeleteGreat questions today. Hmm, let me think...
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the self care..I wish I had taken much better care of my skin, especially facial. the wrinkles are not my choice...
I do think some of my most prized possessions are the photos of my kids with their grandparents, Folks have been gone for many years and I love seeing the "olden days" snapshots. Lots of treasured memories.
We had my daughter in law over for dinner last night. Her Hubby is the camp photographer and doing his 3rd week of "shooting" one more to go.
Our dessert was store bought Drumsticks..so good.. that's my tribute to National Ice Cream Day.
Love peaches any ole' way.
Friendships are strongest when seeing them again just flows and we just keep on from where we left off. I love friends that I don't have to be perfect around..both myself and my home.
Love my Blog Friends too, especially you.
Sue
Great thoughts, Sue! I've few, if any, 'hard copy' photographs from the last 10 years -- but those of my parents -- and theirs -- are precious. Wish I'd thought of that.
DeleteAmen to your random thought!! Unlike you, I love fruit. Especially watermelon! 😊
ReplyDelete---Cheerful Monk
DeleteOkay, you can have my serving. (tee-hee)
Deleteon Debs blog I answered the question about prized possession same as you, but oneBIG dog not two small.
ReplyDeleteBeach
Ice Cream or Snowcone?
Amusement Park or Camping? neither
Burger
Strawberries
Get up early
Sunrise
As for your adulting, my choice answer was no one prepared me for OLD age and knowing that i am the oldest adult in our family. blood family, not counting bob. he is the oldest in his family.
I think I answered 'amusement park' hastily, thinking (like a fair) it boasts the best junk food. Ha!
DeleteAmen to the end quote. And yes, ice cream, Camping, hot dog, strawberries, get up early, I love both sunrise and sunset. Yes, being an adult isn't for sissies, just like getting old isn't for sissies. No matter how well we took care of ourselves when we were younger, we still get old sooner or later, so be prepared. That's all folks! I enjoyed this...and the mutual respect is a good response too...
ReplyDelete"Getting old isn't for sissies" ... you said it, girl! Chin up!
DeleteRespect. Yes. I enjoyed your answers, Myra. Hodgepodge is always fun. I agree about the adult-ing. When my granny died, my dad was standing beside me at the 'viewing' and said that he is the older generation now. I think about that often now that I am that older generation. Sigh. On a brighter note... love ya!!
ReplyDeleteFunny (not funny), I do the same thing. xo
DeleteI remember when my parents died, I told my self I was an orphan. A grief counselor says that happens a lot to our generation(Baby Boomers) Kids don't think of us as adults, just old. I say to enjoy what you have in common and don't discuss the rest.
ReplyDeleteThere you go! 👍
Delete'dem girls are precious♥ I do love peach cobbler. Dairy Queen has a peach cobbler blizzard, it's yummy. Great random thought, gives me something to think about.☺
ReplyDeleteI'm so full of turkey and dressing (today's party), but that sounds delicious!
DeleteOh boy, I'm nodding my head about the adults in my life being gone and now I'm the adult. So true. Good random thought!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ellen!
DeleteGood answer to the first question! I wish I'd been more intentional about losing weight and establishing healthy self-care habits earlier, because I always figured it would come naturally to me as an adult and it didn't! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kym!
DeleteOh boy, I so can understand the facts about adult hood. Smiles. Wishing you a beautiful weekend, smiles.
ReplyDeleteI hope y'all do the same!
DeleteAn adultier adult, that's cute!
ReplyDelete😉
Delete