I'm thankful ...
For being right down the road from one of the best medical institutions in the South. The number of clinics and hospitals that make up UAB's footprint is somewhat overwhelming -- but I'm getting better, no longer afraid of losing my way.
According to Tom's doctor, his eye surgery went just as she hoped. At first there was some concern about his low heart rate (46), but other vitals were fine. Everyone was so kind, and I love how the nurses were flirting with him shamelessly.
The only downer is the Machiavellian-engineered parking garage. Think for a minute: spaces more suited for a Ford Pinto than our truck I nearly stroked out watching Tom maneuver his Tacoma in place. Not long after, I began fretting at the realization it would be up to me to back out.
Could I pay one of the employees to help? "No, they're not permitted." Several ugly scenarios begin playing out in my head. In the end, I whispered a prayer for courage. And you know what? When I stepped out onto Level 6, those vehicles both to the left and right of us had moved out!
I've discovered ...
A carb-less snack whose sodium content isn't ridiculous -- and tastes great, too!





I'm so glad that Tom got through the eye surgery successfully.
ReplyDeleteAnd - what's this? A miracle occurred in the parking garage! Prayers work.
I love your hat - it looks great. I've always been a hat person. They make a positive statement (like a MAGA hat...)
I wore cowboy hats when I lived in Texas. Now I wear almost any hat, because my flyaway hair is like yellow straw.
Wow! My comment is first this time!! Usually I'm last (but hopefully not least...)
DeleteAw Jon, you always make me smile! I'm always delighted to see you here.
DeleteMy hair actually resembles an over-ripe dandelion.
Thank God Tom's operation was successful. Praying for yours and his good health.
ReplyDeleteLove your hat, but am intrigued about Tillamook. What is it exactly? Meat based, or is it a biscuit?
God bless always.
Thank you so much; we're hopeful!
DeleteGot it ... it says smoked sausages on the packet. Still intrigued about its name though.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Good point; I had to look it up. Tillamook Sausage (and Jerky) is the result of 3 families' efforts in the Tillamook region of Oregon -- i.e., our Pacific Northwest.
DeleteThanx Mevely. It's like over here when we say Cheshire Cheese, or Melton Mowbray pork pie. It's the place name.
DeleteGod bless.
Such great news. May it continue.
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
Thank you! 💛
DeleteThankful Tom's eye surgery went well and thankful for answered prayer about the parking situation. I would have wanted to see if Tom could have backed the truck in for parking, but I know some garages won't let you. Don't laugh (too loud) but I hate backing up and I've been known at church when hubby is playing on the worship team and I drive myself to ask him to back out for me between services :)
ReplyDeleteI love the hat and I think it suits you. Was that too much of a compliment :)
betty
Soul sista! I thought I was the worst, fearful back-er-upper in the world! Unfortunately, they put Tom in a wheelchair and said I had to pick him up downstairs.
DeleteI'd call those trucks leaving before you had to back out a miracle.
ReplyDeleteIndeed! That's the WORST parking deck I've ever seen in my life.
DeleteI love your hat! I always wear one when I go out, my hair has always had a mind of its own so I just cover it up.
ReplyDeleteThanks! 😃
Deletei am now sure we were twins separated at birth. the big truck thing is so me. now i am wondering if you only have one vehicle? when i take bob anywhere i am in mine, not his truck. since i will not ride with him driving, the kia is it if we are together. now i think i remember it is your car that had problems. so happy the surgery went well, the cars left before you did and you got home safe and sound.
ReplyDeletei think the hat is perfect and I would wear it in a flash. i want the leggins and shirt and hat.. i have 21 pairs of leggins but none with the bottom like those. one difference is I hate to wear hats and only do it under duress. i did a happy dance when hats were OUT at church. i only wear one if out in the sun. I am going back to wearing mask now since FL is number 1 in the country for the variant. i am trying to think i i put on my leopard leggins, black top, leapoard mask with your hat if i would look like a bank robber. I LOVE the way you look so forget the no comments.
I'm pretty sure the Camry would be OK, but Tom's always more comfortable taking the truck. Unfortunately, it has a cap on the back, so I'm forced to learn to use the side mirrors.
DeleteOh my, so thankful Tom's eye surgery went well. I must've missed that or something, but I am so happy for you both...his eyes, and your truck neighbors moving out just in time for you to back out! I totally understand that, with my neck issues backing out is a major issue. So happy we have one of those back up cameras now to see what is behind, but it really doesn't help with the peripheral vision, which is where my neck doesn't like to go...anywho, I LOVE your hat and outfit! It looks perfect on you...and I am impressed by your sense of style and glamour! I love hats but never wear them because they create a bad hair day if I have to take them off! LOL. But I dream of wearing lovely big floppy hats with flowers on them, and long flowing gowns that look perfect for a stroll in the park or a garden party...sadly I was born too late. Anyway, I enjoyed your post and you always make me smile and think of fun stuff. Have a blessed weekend.
ReplyDeleteYou're too sweet! And YES(!) to big floppy hats and flowing gowns - I'm thinking Robert Redford and Mia Farrow in 1974's The Great Gatsby. Right there with you!
DeleteFirst off, I'm glad everything went well for Tom! And that God answered your prayer so promptly with the parking situation. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the hat! Wear it for you. Who cares what everyone else thinks (or doesn't think)? Think and act as young as you want. I hope to be that old lady stirring everyone up at the nursing home (if I ever have to go). My mom has always been an old soul and is always trying to shame me into acting my age. Nope. Not having it. As they say, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!
Oh, I love that! I'm probably more comfortable on the sidelines, but will be clapping the hardest for you and the rest.
DeleteHooray for Tom, and hooray for you being able to maneuver that truck, thanks to the miracle of the vacant spaces around you, Myra! I'd feel the same way if I were driving anything larger than my little Scion. And I think your hat looks stylish! But who cares what others think; if you like it, that's all that counts.
ReplyDeleteIs it time for that nap yet? :)
Blessings!
Wasn't that a miracle! I really need to stop worrying about bothering God with silly stuff.
DeleteI am very thankful Tom’s surgery went well. I understand totally about the parking situation and I am thankful the cars beside you were gone so you could easily back out. Your post reminds me of my late dad….he would buy a new tie and if nobody said anything about it, he was not eager to wear it again! Lol. You look very nice wearing a hat. My sister in law has many hats and enjoys wearing them daily. They tend to give me a headache as do headbands. You two have a blessed weekend. Mildred
ReplyDeleteOh, that's sad about your daddy. Yes, I'm sure his feelings were hurt. I need to use this opportunity to step up my own practice.
DeleteMake sure the dude is still breathing, 46 beats with that lady in black and girls flirting? the dude has a heart of stone! LOL Love the shot of you in that top and hat. SWEET.
ReplyDeleteYes I am also thankful for the medical services we have here.
Sending love over your way and smiling at the heat here that is to soon be leaving us.
Sherry & jack getting ready, only a month until we hit the road... Trip shortened by Sherry"s class reunion. She does love to be with her old classmates....
Thank you so much! No doubt, Tom will get a kick out of your observation, 'heart of stone'! When's the reunion?
DeletePS: I smile when you say, Doctor then refer to HER. I have sure had some VERY GOOD lady doctors in the last 20 years. What a breath of fresh air...
ReplyDeleteTrue! And she looks no older than 15! Reminds me of my former hubby who once accused his cardiologist of being an intern. The man looked very young, yes - but he was miffed all the same.
DeleteI love the ending picture about taking naps, sometimes I feel exactly like this, I would miss my nap if I went out.Ha! I love hats and hate that they are not so popular now but lovie wearing one in the summer with a brim to shade my eyes The sun glare really bothers me the days. I love your hat and hope you enjoy it !
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ma! That last one hit my funny bone, too, because it's soooo true.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things worked out for Tom. Oh my, I could never have pulled out of that spot. I'm glad the other cars had moved. I've been driving Mini Coopers for almost 18 years now. I don't drive Mark's Acura at all!!! You look great in the hat.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debby! So glad to know I'm not the only one! I love little cars, too.
DeleteI love you in hats! The photo is adorable, too. I would be terrified to back out a big truck. God answers prayer, yay!
ReplyDeleteThank you, sweet friend!
DeleteI love the hat! I like hats in general, but have a small head so it's hard to find a good fit. Ladies hats are too large, children's hats are too small. I usually end up with cotton sunhats with a drawstring to adjust.
ReplyDeleteMe, too! I was going to ask my hubs to hot-glue a bit of foam or something on the inside -- then we discovered there was already a strip of Velcro, allowing us to tighten the fit.
DeleteGrinning...love, love the hat. I'm a hat person too. Also grinning on the parking spots...yeah, Univ. of Rochester is like too...sigh...horrible.
ReplyDeleteSilly girl! You look amazing in that hat!! I envy any woman who can wear a hat and look fabulous in it. I haven't found one yet that I would wear in public. You wear that hat and strut your stuff!! xo
ReplyDeletecute hat!! Also, yay for you and the truck!!!!
ReplyDeletePrayer works! So thankful to hear that Tom's surgery went well. Your prayerful little miracle in the parking garage. YaY! You look beautiful in your hat! I love hats too. But I have many, Ky. Derby style, and no where to put them. I do love hats. Because I am terribly ornery, I have a Cleveland Indians t shirt which I plan to wear into forever. I miss the old school style hat though. What a shame you can not think or say Indian. since my husband is 1/8th Ogallala Sioux, he is very proud of where his grandpa came from.I do wear hats outdoors as I have to perfect my nose from the sun. I like the ball caps and I have the INdiana Jones style hat too. Crocodile Dundee, if you prefer. heeheehee I am loving stopping here. Thanks for the fun and friendship my friend.
ReplyDeleteIf I could write, see and spell at the same time, I am not sure what I would do. But I do protect my nose from the sun. :-)
ReplyDelete