What a fun song choice, Sam!
Ah, 1979 … it was a very good year. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
The action begins when a letter falls out of the pocket of a brown overcoat. What color is your coat?
I'm taller than my mother, but I still enjoy wearing her favorite trench coat.
The lyrics ask if it "kinda strikes you sad when you hear our song." We don't want to be sad this Saturday, so we're asking what song makes you happy?
Oh my gosh, there's so many!
How about …
Right before this song hit the charts, Donna Summer hit the cover of Newsweek. Are there any magazines in your home now? If yes, who is on the cover?
Donna wrote the lyrics to this song, while producer Giorgio Moroder wrote the tune. Moroder is known as 'the father of disco.' Is disco a genre you enjoy?
Nowadays it wouldn't be my first choice. But back in the day? Woot!
Right now, I'm sure enjoying listening and wiggling in my chair (TMI?) while listening to the Bee Gees and Ms. Summer through my monitor.
This song got additional airplay throughout the 1980's because the game show The Price is Right played it every time a contestant won a stereo. Today the most popular audio equipment sold at Best Buy is a sound bar to improve the quality of TV audio. Have you added a sound bar or sound system to your TV?
I don't think it ever occurred to us. Do you recommend doing so?
Moroder has won two Academy Awards for Best Song. The first was for "Flashdance ... What a Feeling" from Flashdance and the second was for "Take My Breath Away" from Top Gun. Do you have a favorite soundtrack?
There's not a single song I don't enjoy!
He grew up in Ortsei, Italy. Located in northern Italy, the Ortsei economy is fueled by tourists who ski in winter, hike in summer and shop for wood carvings all year around. Do out of towners find their way to your hometown more often in summer or winter?
Ortsei sounds a lot like my hometown!
But, because it lies near the far more-popular Taos ski valley, I'll go with summer.
From what I understand, this road up to the 'Hill' hasn't changed much since I left in '68. Even full-time residents use extreme caution in Winter.
Kourtney Kardashian was born in 1979, the year this record was a hit. Keeping Up with the Kardashians has been on since 2007. Have you ever seen it?
Noooo!
Random question -- When getting dressed in the morning, what's the second item of clothing you put on?
Usually my leggings
* * *
Thanks so much for joining us!
Enjoy your weekend ... stay safe!
Hugs, Myra







going from bottom up cause its easier to remember what I just read. Leggins, NO, HELL YES to tourists in winter. I want them to go home NOW. I thought I could not play because I never heard of donna or the song, but the last four hit pay dirt. my most played soundtrack ever in my life, I loved it then and still do, is Bodyguard, Whitney Houson, I loved her .. I liked the song above. I am thinking I did not hear it because 1979 and 1980 was the year of my divorce, and I worked 3 jobs and never had time to touch a radio. I burst out laughing and showed bob the magazine cover. we have that issue also and he is sitting on the sofa reading National Dragster, those are the only 2 magazines he gets. I get TOPS. I am not a magazine reader or buyer.
ReplyDelete100% agree about The Bodyguard/Whitney. Gosh, just thinking about it makes my eyes tear up.
DeleteI still have one of my mom's coats, too. It feels so good to slide into those sleeves and remember her.
ReplyDeleteExactly! Nice to know someone else can empathize. :)
DeleteThis is a fun post and brings back some memories. We do have some tourists in our area in the summer as lake Erie beach provide some comfort from th heat of summer. I don't read magazines anymore except on the internet. This week my 2nd item would probably be a sweater, It's ben very cold out.and my coat is red. Hope you two have a wonderful weekend there at your house!
ReplyDeleteI remember how cute you look in that bright red jacket! Sad, but I think magazines are slowly going away, in the same manner as newspapers.
DeleteRolling with the peoples / fellow bloggers answers concerning the Keeping Up with the Kardashian, why would anyone want too? (rofl)
ReplyDeleteNope on leggings here...I just don't think anyone wants to see a pleasantly plumped person wearing them (more rolling laughter).
Here is something to make you smile more; 17* real feel is 2 with blowing snow. LOLOL
Ha! I should have amended my answer to read, "ONLY if I'm not planning to set foot outdoors."
DeleteI used to play this Donna Summer record over and again on my radio show - do you remember it?
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm-ISatLDG0
It was a great record because it was long and you could fade the sound a little and make announcements over it; like "it's nice to see you this week on my prog, thanx for tuning in" and "see you next week, same time same place but wear something different or you'll stink".
The Seekers and The bee Gees were also favourite music as well as The Beatles, Rolling Stones and many other 60's and 70s tunes. You would have loved my prog in them days, Mevely.
God bless.
I'd forgotten that one, Victor … thanks for the link! Chuckling over that last parting announcement. (Huh?) I've no doubt your programming would be right up my alley.
DeleteFun questions for us this week! Forest Gump does have a great soundtrack!
ReplyDeleteI even made my cell's ring tone the Feather Theme (from Forest Gump)!
DeleteI'm with you on Forest Gump!
ReplyDeleteGreat minds!
DeleteI wonder who watches the Kardashians? None of us seem to care less. Hahahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeletehttp://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Thanks, Lori! I hope your weekend is great, as well.
DeleteThat is so cool you have your mom's trench coat and still wear it! I bet the magazine is for Tom :) LOL I have to admit I used to watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians at the gym when we were in California. Something to make the time go by faster, LOL :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading all your answers :)
Happy rest of the weekend to you and Tom!
betty
Thanks! It's a little tight across the shoulders, but I'll never get rid of it.
DeleteFun post. Well I do have some things from my mom that I value sooooooooooooo much and refused to get rid of!
ReplyDeleteI soooo understand! (Hope you had a wonderful birthday!)
DeleteI remember singing This Land when I was in church youth group back in the late 60s? I liked Peter, Paul and Mary too!
ReplyDeleteMe, too! So neat how music can evoke fun memories.
DeleteI always liked Donna Summer even though I was never into disco. I love "Last Dance".
ReplyDeleteSorry for my late arrival here. Blog posts have been showing up late on my readers list. Some of them have been several days late.
I hope your computer's not contracted the corona virus. :))) It's always a pleasure to 'see' you, Jon.
DeleteThis Land is Your Land - what a great song! Can't begin to tell you how many times I sang/played guitar with this one, Myra. And disco? Fun for a flash, but it was more like a flash in the pan as far as I'm concerned.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and prayers coming at you!
I didn't realize you played the guitar, Martha. How fun! Do you have videos or pictures, by chance?
DeleteI always love this kind of post. along with the comments. HA my coat is brown leather and I wore it yesterday and today in the Smokies. We get two mags, I only glance at the Motor Home and American legion mags.
ReplyDeleteWe are the out of towners to go to the other places. LOL and I put on my socks second.
I do appreciate some old songs.
Love you lady
Sherry & jack
Love leather jackets on men! (James Dean, wasn't it who popularized the look?) Thanks for playing along! Love you right back!
DeleteI am with Jack above.Enjoyed the music that was part of my generation!
ReplyDeleteI put on my t shirt second.
I have a couple dresses my mom wore to My brothers wedding and my nephews. I keep them hung in a closet. I wish I had her trench coat. Dad would say , Hey Columbo, are you ready to go? I wish I had her trench coat. We love Donna Summer music. She was an amazing performer. I put on leggings too. Its been cool in the mornings. I love most music and love listening to it and finding new music. Nick and Noelle watch the Kardashians. I don't have a huge opinion of them. Their father was a high priced attorney therefore, their money! The mother is the worst of them. Just seeing her on magazines waiting in the grocery lines send a chill down my back. She is a very narcissistic person and I have a friend who was raised by a mother like that! UGH! Sad! The Seekers were a favorite too and they are on some of my playlists. Always a pleasure being here. HUGS
ReplyDelete