Whoa, it's been a while since I've spent time with Bev and friends over at Sunday Stealing.
'Surprised how difficult it is, not to over-think my answers. Every one of these are personal favorites. But. As soon as I hit the 'publish' button I'll likely be, "Why didn't I think of THAT?".
I hope one (or more) will resonate with you!
A song you like with a color in the title
A Whiter Shade of Pale
(Procol Harum)
Sweet Home Alabama
(Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Turn it up!
Unforgettable
(Nat King Cole)
I didn't see anything about it having to be a fast dance. *smile*
Against the Wind
(Bob Seger)
A song with a number in the title
Love Potion #9
(The Searchers)
A song that makes you happy
Sweet Caroline
(Neil Diamond)
All together now: "so good! … so good!"
A song that makes you sad
You Were Always on my Mind
(Willie Nelson)
A song that reminds you of summer
A Summer Song
(Chad and Jeremy)
A song that you remember from your childhood
Flying Purple People Eater
(Sheb Wooley)
A song that breaks your heart
Whiskey Lullaby
(Alison Krauss, Brad Paisley)
A song that you never get tired of
Piano Man
(Billy Joel)
A song from your pre-teen years
Sealed With a Kiss
(Brian Hyland)
A song that is a cover by another artist
Well, color me stumped.
I'm generally not fond of reruns n' rearrangements.
A song from the year you were born
Mona Lisa
(Nat King Cole)
A song that makes you think about life
Don't Blink
(Kenny Chesney)
Your favorite song with a person's name in the title
Eleanor Rigby
(The Beatles)
A song that you think everyone should listen to
How Great Thou Art
(Carrie Underwood)
A song by a band you wish were still together
Handle With Care
(Travelling Wilburys)
… and here I go, missing George Harrison all over again!!!
A song by an artist no longer living
Come Share the Wine
(Al Martino)
A song by an artist with a voice you love
Hey!
(Julio Iglesias)
Ciao for now! … Stay safe!
Hugs, Myra



well this is a first. I recognize about 75 percent of the songs that are your answer, but I have not one answer of my own. I don't do songs, I like music, but rarely listen to it except on tv shows. I have to bow out on this one. don't tell anyone, I do not like Christmas songs, you know the old favorites. they make me crazy and Bing Crosby makes me ill, my pet peeve is White Christmas YUCK
ReplyDeleteHahaha … my lips are sealed! :)
DeleteI've enjoyed reading everyone's lists so much. All great songs to listen too. Al Martino had a gorgeous voice. I had forgotten about that song too.
ReplyDeleteThanks! It's oddly reminiscent of a brief, special season in my life.
DeleteWell, since my son was born in Tuscaloosa, Al and we lived there for 21 years total, I would agree with you about Sweet Home Alabama, lol.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers, smiles. I hope you have a great week.
Thank you so much! You do the same, OK?
DeleteGreat answers, Myra - - and the questions aren't quite as easy as one might think. I was stumped on a few of them.
ReplyDeleteA song from the year I was born?????
How about "Beautiful Dreamer" by Steven Foster.
I'm jesting, of course. Maybe....
"Sweet Caroline" brings back lots of good memories.
Mmmmmmm do I remember the "Purple People Eater" ? Yea, and I still love it.
"Sealed With a Kiss" has always been one of my favorites.
A cover song by another artist?
Heck, I'm as stumped as you on that one.
Willie Nelson irritates the hell out of me, but "You Were Always on My Mind" is a nice sentiment.
Steven Foster? Ha. You can't fool a fooler!
DeleteYa, Willie's an acquired taste. :) Although it stirs up guilt, "Always on my Mind" expresses what I wish I'd said before it became too late.
Excellent choices. Procol Harum, Nat King Cole, Searchers, Beatles, Neil Diamond, Willie Nelson. You should have been with me as a radio DJ. Your choices are excellent. A good mix and great songs. Now I'll have to go to You Tube and re-play some of these.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Eclectic, much? Ya, my tastes in music are hard to define. Most, auto-biographical. Thank you so much for your kind words!
DeleteOh My Goodness!I need to join this fun! Music is my favorite jam! I will check it out. Thank you and all your songs listed are so amazing. My stars, I do love my music. Have a great SONday! HUGS xo
ReplyDeleteSoul-sista! I could do this sort of thing all day. So glad you joined in this fun meme, Anne!
DeleteWoo-hoo! We could road trip together without too much disagreement about the music. You have Skynyrd and Seger so you're a'right with me. :)
ReplyDeleteWouldn't THAT be great fun?
DeleteLet me tell you I enjoyed the read, even sang along with a couple, but not being a 'music man' It was only the ones from our dating years I remembered. funny, you named some I had never heard. But that is not unusual.
ReplyDeleteBut Just reading, it was fun 'remembering'.
Sherry & jack in Oak Ridge
Now I'm smiling, trying to guess.
DeleteI knew about 75%. You know when someone asks me my favorite something - my mind goes blank- how do you remember all those?
ReplyDeleteMust confess, it took me several hours ... with a little help from my friends (Google). :)
DeleteWhat a fantastic list of songs, most of which I did know, Mevely. Sweet Home Alabama is one of my all time favorites - can't sit down when it's playing!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
I'm so glad you feel that way, too! Turn it up!
DeleteSongs do bring back memories of times gone by You have mentioned many of my favorites and with them some laughter and smiles too. Hope you are having a relaxing Labor Day!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Ma! I'm so happy some of these brought a smile to your face.
DeleteWe both mentioned "Sweet Caroline" and "Mona Lisa." That's unusual! Loved your list.
ReplyDeleteLike a good wine, I think the old songs were the best songs.
DeleteLet's see...Sweet Home Alabama, Against the wind, Sweet Caroline (so good), You were always on my mind,Piano Man, How great thou art.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the memories.
Great minds!
DeleteWe have several of the same picks. It is our age, I think, that makes so many of those songs as alive today as the day we heard them Great post!!!! xoDiana
ReplyDeleteI love the way in which you put it!
DeleteI love your song choices!
ReplyDelete