{Happy Face}
Thanks for all your well-wishes!
I was offered (and have accepted) that job. 'Still waiting for the background check and drug test to come back, but they estimate I'll be working (secretarial support) 24-29 hours a week.
Oh, who are 'they'? It's a big funeral home/cemetery down in Montgomery. Something I've never done, but the office manager is a sweetheart and speaks highly of the team.
{Frowny Face}
Now, I like to think I'm rarely surprised …
but nothing could have prepared me for last week's house guests.
Sure, Tom mentioned one of his high-school buddies would be 'stopping by' from Phoenix on their way to a school reunion in Chicago. Not sure if 'stopping by' meant a couple of hours or a day; but I prepared the guest room -- more in an effort to be polite than sincere. (ha)
Well, the 'Mrs.' wasn't settled more than 90 seconds when she asked/demanded Tom to turn off the ceiling fan because it was blowing her hair. (OK, then!) Seriously, she is the most unpleasant and demanding individual I've ever met. Her hubby obviously adores her, but the way she speaks to him - and about him … wow. Two days she sat and made ugly, unsolicited comments about Hispanics and African Americans (my words, not hers). Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and said, "You know, some of the finest people I know of are not Caucasian."
Granted, this lady is not physically well. But my friend Debbie -- who's lived with constant pain and physical challenges for a decade now -- is one of the happiest people I know.
Thankfully, when Tom's friend (a really nice guy, by the way) made noises about staying another night, Tom stepped up with a little 'white lie.' Come to find out, later when I asked Tom about the visit he said he never even invited them!
Maybe I shouldn't have written about this, but I'm still upset. In fact when I realized it was over, I literally felt drained ... and had to take a 3-hr. nap.
{Anxious Face}
Tom's scheduled for a nuclear stress test tomorrow at 8. I know these sorts of things are routine, but he's more than a little concerned about it triggering a cardiac event. Prayers are sure appreciated!
Have a super new week … be safe!
Hugs, Myra




First of all, praying sincerely for your husband. Take courage both of you. God is with you.
ReplyDeleteSecond, CONGRATULATIONS at your new job. People will be dying to meet you. Sorry ... sick joke to lighten the mood. I remember at the last funeral I attended there was another funeral party carrying a coffin and walking around the cemetery here and there and every where. I think they had lost the plot. Another sick joke.
Third, I hope you are now a little more cheerful.
Four, sorry to hear about your ungracious guests. Sadly, some people are like that and don't realise when they are being obnoxious. It is sad when they also embarrass their partner/spouse in public. I (often) like these people because they remind me how lucky I am not to be married to them. Aren't you lucky to have Tom?
Five, best wishes to you and Tom. You are in our prayers.
God bless.
Yes, you've certainly cheered me. Thank you!Great point, our being lucky we're not bound by our vows to someone like that.
DeleteOh my goodness... that woman and those people!! I think you were nicer than I would have been. Good golly!! Congratulations on getting the job!! I'm so happy for you! Keep us posted!!
ReplyDeleteHa! I nearly bit my tongue in two when, learning her blood sugar had dropped, the waitress immediately brought over some crackers. She frowned and said, "I don't LIKE Saltines."
DeleteFirst of all Tom will be in the hospital where the doctors are - that is a good thing. I know it is scary.
ReplyDeleteYour guests sounded awful! Sorry but they did.
Good luck on your new job - I guess you wanted to work??
Love, sandie
Thank you! Yes, I think it will be nice to have a reason to get out of bed a few days each week. :)
DeleteI'm gritting my teeth. Nasty people, privileged people (satisfy me and do my bidding, type!) rub me the wrong way. Imma thinking a few pulls on a Jack Daniels bottle after she left would have been my go to. LOL I am proud of you for not requesting they find a motel..(But the lady deserved it!)
ReplyDeleteI will say a prayer and send some positive thoughts the big guys direction.
Oh, congratulations on the job. I have a feeling you will like it.
Love yA.... sHERRY & jack
You're so sweet! I kept thinking, "What would momma do?" She was hard-wired for courtesy.
DeleteThanks for your vote of confidence!
You must have been a gracious hostess since they even wanted to stay another day. The wife sounds very annoying to say the least. I said a prayer for Tom that his test will be a success.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about gracious, but thanks for thinking it!
DeleteCongrats on the job! Sounds like it is a perfect "fit" for you. You will do great! Wow with Tom's "guests." I'm sure they won't be welcomed too much more in the future. How intolerable! I am sure Tom will pass his test with flying colors!
ReplyDeletebetty
Thanks, Betty! We're waiting for a call from the doctor, but Tom says it went better than he feared.
DeletePraying for Tom, Myra! Please let us know how things turn out.
ReplyDeleteAnd on the happy note, congrats about your new job. Hope all goes well there for you. But those guests? Sounds like it was an absolute nightmare. I don't think my patience could have lasted more than two hours.
Blessings!
I will, thanks! We're still waiting on the doctor, but Tom feels the test went better than he expected.
DeleteWe’ve had “less than pleasant” visits in the past and like you, they don’t end quick enough.
ReplyDeleteGood thoughts headed your way for the Tom’ster.
Thank you so much!
DeleteOh my! I can't even imagine have someone that acted that way around me for 2 days.
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well with your husband's tests.
It's been a long time since I've encountered any 'un-Nice' folks. 'Guess that's a blessing!
DeleteOh my on that guest situation.. We never know how people live their lives do we? Since Tom only knew the fellow, I guess he had no reason to stop them from coming, but you'll know if there ever is a next time. Hopefully not. I would find people like that difficult to take too. Prayesr for the test, but I've never heard of any one having any trouble from taking them. Hope all goes well and ends well too.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs,
'ma'
Hopefully not! I should certainly feel sorry for her: I was talking about the wonderful friends I've met in Blogland and she said, "I don't have any friends."
Deletejust said a prayer for the stress test. congrats on the new position... yay for more money and something to get you out of the house...of course you haven't passed that background check yet. 😎😎 the word that came to mind reading about your visitors, I heard on TV, AGT. Simon said he was gogsmacked. I am gobsmacked at how she acted, and that you let them stay.. plus no one invited them. o
ReplyDeleteHahahaha on the background check! Love that term, 'gobsmacked'! (And, of course, love that Simon Cowell!)
Deleteyou deserve and award for not pitching them out on their ears after the first night.
ReplyDeleteThankfully, it was just one night. All the same, I wanted to boil the bedsheets. Ha.
DeleteCongratulations! Oh my, I would have trouble with a house guest like her. They should have visited with you but stayed in a hotel. They used you guys. Praying for Tom. I had one earlier this year. The nuclear test isn't on the treadmill too long like a normal stress test.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the prayers! Tom said it went better than he was expecting.
DeletePraying for both you and Tom. As for house guests! U G H ! Hannah had a friend from California. we call him Dani California! HAHaHa! But the sweetest guy ever. Brought us wine and sent a thank you after the fact. WHen we travel I always get a room in a hotel/motel.Not my idea of putting people out. I just like to be able to do my own thing. If needing the bathroom 50 times in a day so be it I do not like advertising! I do not believe that because you have health issues you have the right to be a jerk and be hateful and rude and racist! UGH! Good for your hubby too telling a tale. I've lived with our kids for years. Zach and Rebekah and Nick and Hannah do their own thing but guests, for one thing, we have no room. Whew, that's a good thing. I like hotels where I do not have to follow anyone else's rules. I guess I'm weird. other than our own parents when we were younger we get our own room. I think some people with so much negativity do not help their health. On a lighter note I want to see you do that snow dance! I am over this heat. I want cool breezes and crunchy leaves and good comfort food. :-)
ReplyDeleteAh, from your lips to God's ears! Whenever my mom and dad would travel to visit relatives - no matter how tight their budget - they'd elect to stay in a motel. I chuckled what you said about bathrooms, but that's what HE said, too.
DeleteCongratulations on your new job! You'll be the best support they've ever had, I'm sure, and will add much to the office.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to think I'd have been as gracious as you were to that woman, but I'm not sure I would have been after listening to her for two days. As you mentioned, physical illness is no excuse. Attitude is a choice.
I'm reading this on Tuesday morning so I hope all went well with Tom yesterday.
Thank you so much, Stacy! 'Still waiting to hear from Tom's doctor.….
DeleteMyra...you and I would be very fast friends in our daily lives if we lived by one another, smiles.
ReplyDeleteKeeping your husband in prayer.
Wouldn't that be great fun?
DeleteI never said Congrats on your new job!Wishing you well. I just do not think I could do it anymore. The last job was a pistol! So I like my life now , it is just not a very interesting one without tons of extra cash!I've tried to sell stuff on Poshmark and I am thinking of trying ebay too. But I never make very much extra cash. Thinking of trying to have a yard sale before the cold weather sets in. Since todays high will be 87 I doubt cold will be too soon. My friend Debbier up in the Colorado mountains says it was such a hard cold wet winter that they still have lots of green!She was in Phoenix with her mom setting her up in her house.Do you miss Phoenix and the dry heat? Praying always HUGS and LOVE
ReplyDelete