Sunday, September 22, 2019

Bev asks .... plus one!


...aka, Sunday Stealing



Welcome, indeed!
Who's in the mood for a little trivia?  Thank you, Bev, for finding these posers!


Last person you were in a car with?
My husband, Tom

Any plans for tomorrow?
Ladies Bible study begins at 9:15. 'Still surprised how much I'm enjoying this. It's not so much about scripture; rather Real.Life challenges. One of the first things I was told, "What's said in this room, stays in this room.

Best friend or close friends
A few close friends.
'Best' sounds a bit exclusive, don't you think?

Is tomorrow going to be a good day?
I can't of any reason why it shouldn't!

Ever thrown up in public?
Ugh, yes.
One weekend after April 15, the firm's partners took all their employees and significant others on a Cocoa Beach getaway. Margaritas on the beach, wine at dinner. Then, my boss challenged everyone to start doing shots. Lots of shots. 

What's on your mind RIGHT NOW?
Since Tom's napping, you're the first to hear.
The office manager called a few minutes ago to say everything came back OK; I start work this Thursday! 

Who was the last person you talked to?
Christina (office manager)

What is the WORST subject they teach at school?
Statistics

Have you seen anyone lately that you don't get along with?
Nope. I try my best to treat everyone politely. 

What is your favorite color top to wear?
Black

Have you ever been in a car accident?
Yes; it wasn't pretty.
To this day, my insides cringe when our car is in someone else's blind spot.

What's the closest thing to you that's green?
Um, I don't see anything green. Do you?

Oh wait, there's a leaf on the front of my mom's tapioca bowl.

Where would you like to be right now?
Face down on a massage table!

Is anything bugging you right now?
My sciatica's acting out again, but it's not a big deal.

Is life going right for you now?
Yes! I'm feeling pretty darn blessed.

Is there someone you care about more than yourself?
My son, Troy

What made you laugh today?

What was the last movie you watched?
Overcomer

What was the last conversation you had about?
A real conversation conversation?
Dementia. One of Tom's dear friends is suffering from that, and Tom's taking it hard. (Or, I should say, his family is suffering. Poor Jim is pretty oblivious.)

What were you doing at 7:00 this morning?
Drinking a second cup of coffee and reading blogs.

Do you like your hair long or short?
I've not worn my hair long since 4th grade! Not much point when it's so thin and fine as mine.

Do you like the rain?
Not especially; less so than my dogs. But we need it so badly!

* * *

And now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls ...
Remember 'plus one' in my title?  While in church this morning it occurred to me ...
Is there anything you would like to ask me?



Have a great new week ... stay safe!
Hugs, Myra

39 comments:

  1. Congratlations on your job. for the plus-one, what is the new job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bev! It's a part-time clerical position for a funeral home in Montgomery.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the job! I knew you'd wow 'em. :D

    Yes, those with dementia are often quite blissful, but sometimes they are not. Sometimes they get very angry and frustrated and sometimes they have moments of awareness (even after it gets bad) when they realize what's happening to them to some degree. That breaks my heart every time. It's almost better when they cross the line and don't know any longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your insights are sure valued, Stacy. I don't know how you do what you do every day ...and still smile. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so glad I popped in this evening to read this excellent news!! I'll be thinking of you all week, especially on Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much I like here, we agree a lot that is for sure. I always enjoy your answer such as the one Best friends or close friends. 'Your answer is a winner.'
    Tomorrow is going to be a good day and today was great. I love your attitude. and Congratulations I do hope you have a great ride and are able to smile a whole bunch (after a few days!)
    Love from here.
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As, thanks! Ya, I'm a bit nervous about those first few days. Your encouragement means a lot!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the job!! It does sound interesting. I also think its something a "mature" notice I didn't see "elderly" person should be hired for. I think they have more appreciation of life/death than a younger person who thinks they are immortal. You will do great and I hope you share your experiences with us.

    See I told you to try the Bible study that you might actually like it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about this position being good for my (sometimes) mature self. LOL! Just hope I don't become emotional and break down.

      Delete
  6. Never believe that what's said in a room stays in the room....unless you say it when the room is empty.

    I've never had a boss who encouraged me to "take shots"....but I've had a few bosses I'd like to shoot.

    Worst subject taught in school? Algebra.

    Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point about that empty room. So far, I've kept my mouth shut! I almost wrote Algebra, but at least I passed it -- v. dropping the Statistics.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your new job. I'm so happy for you.

    Statistics can be so confusing. For example, did you know that in the UK 13% of babies are conceived in an IKEA bed? I can't understand that, especially since those shops are usually so well lit.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! I never liked those IKEA stores much, anyway. Thank you so much for the wishes!

      Delete
  8. I don't like statistics either, congrats on your job!☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news about the job, Myra! And I have to say, that photo of the water/wine really had me laughing. It's a great one!
    Blessings to you and Tom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to Hear you liked that one, too. Methinks those employees had too much time on their hands?

      Delete
  10. yes, i want to ask you why Thursday for a start date on new job. congrats on the job and I am happy to hear you are drug free, brahahaha and passed a background check, now next time we meet I know I will be safe. Love you Myra..

    i say long time friends and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2nd comment. ha ha in 1965, pregnant with 1st son, in traffic on a one way street, I stopped and opened the door and threw up on the curb, and kept driving.
    last move was last night, I suggest everyone watch it on prime, the simple life of Noah Dearborn, with Sidney Potier.. loved it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recom! I'll see if Tom can't forego one of his football games.

      Delete
  12. me again, looked up and I see a big green plant, 3 green bottles and a green vase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly me. I was like, "What?!" and had to enlarge my picture to see if I couldn't find a green bottle or vase.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the new job I hope it's what you'll enjoy doing. Life is about to get busier for you and it'll be interesting to see what kind of changes it makes. So many thoughts in today's post it's hard to find one I can respond to. Like you I like short har and have worn it that way for a long time. Mine is thin and straight and has a mind of it's own. Less hair, less fuss. Hope you have a great week and enjoy every day as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? So many questions, so little time. :) Thanks so much for your well wishes!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations! I have been thinking about finding something a couple of days a week but I've been out of the workforce for so long it will be next to impossible to find anything that I can physically do.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For exactly the reason you cite, I'm glad the other stuff fell through. Just hope I stay busy so as not to doze off. Ha!

      Delete
  15. Okay girl you start Thursday on your new job - bet you are glad! Geometry was hard for me. I do believe you can trust the gals in bible study - I am in one and I sure hope it is true. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nervous, but glad. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  16. Your answers meant so much to me, to everyone. Finding out about a test as being negative? Nothing can beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mil has dementia...it is taking a toll...just saying.

    I am so happy for you about the job!!! AND my hair is fine and thin...so...most of it got chopped off today and it back to my shoulders-layered.It.is.what.it.is. Thanks for the smiles.

    P.S. Someone say shots? I'll be right over, LOLOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. First off, congrats on getting that job! (Not that I'm surprised.)

    This is going to sound weird, but I honestly can't think of a subject I didn't like in school. I reckon you could say I'm an all-around nerd. :)

    Until I read your question, I didn't realize how little green is in this room. Unless I take the cover off the pool table... :)

    Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird at all, Susan! I'm glad yours are happy memories.

      Delete
  19. I like rainy days as well as sunny ones. The sound of rain drops brings me relaxation. Happy Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know I am behind! Congrats! It sounds quite interesting but they do need to get into the 21st century. I worked for that ent guy for 12 years. He made no effort to make life easier for his employees. Would not even purchase one new computer. Everything he bought was second hand. His filing system left a lot to be desired. In 1972 I graduated high school and worked in the COunty Treasurer's office. Let me say this, they had a better, more accurate system than he did in 2002! UGH! I love the rain and we had lots of it in the Spring time. Hoping your week is wonderful and the cooler temps come your way. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!