Friday, February 15, 2013

Flashback Friday: Loving what you do!


Last weekend I overheard a customer at the salon saying, "I can't wait to go to work on Monday!" ... and for a moment, I felt downright wistful.

Once upon a time I was blessed to feel the same way.   Though my job description wasn't in the slightest bit impressive and the hours long ... my co-workers made (most) every day FUN!

... and we never knew who might show up!

Sally Jessy and me
Hey, it's OK to laugh.
I do too, when reviewing some of the crazy 
hairstyles I once thought were so cute!
What was I thinking?!?

Are you ready for some football?

Another Bridal Fair .. another "soap" somebody-or-another.
(For those of you keeping track, that year I opted for the tux!)


Prior to the coming of Political Correctness, our department was sometimes affectionately(?) referred to as "The Animal House."     In retrospect, those 9 years were some of the best in my life!
But like all fairy tales, the day came when we were compelled to grow up and go our separate ways.

Still, every now and then while watching TV, I can hear my manager advising me the first day on the job, "You'll never watch a commercial in quite the same way again."

You were right, Frank.   And by the way, I miss you all!

* * *

If you've a moment, won't you drop by Martha's place tonight ... or next week and play along with us at Flashback Friday?

Hugs from Phoenix!


7 comments:

  1. How cool Myra! Would love to know what your job was. I can't say that I've ever actually looked forward to going to work! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would have liked to know what your job was Myra! And you are either very tall or Sally is very short. Great memories and pictures!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myra, what an exciting 9 years those must have been. Too cool, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting story - but what was your job? I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic entry, an amazing job and I love the attitude, a kindred spirit. I know those memories must be plush in mind. Nice to be able to remember the GOOD times. Great shots to bring the memories flowing back.

    PS I also come back to the blog for the fantastic header picture. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this fantasy that the next job will be one where I sit back and think "I can't believe how lucky I am that they pay me to do this."

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat and you look beautiful! I would love to hear more about your work, too! It looks so interesting! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!