Good morning, fellow Hodgepodgers and sweet friends!
Here in central Alabama, there's no mountainscape outside my window ..... but one can dream! On that note, let's let our thoughts turn to the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.
Joyce asks --
When you think of Autumn, what sounds come to mind?
I've not attended a football game in years. Yet. There's just something special about the sound of a high school band's pep tunes and pounding drums, accompanied by youthful chants and cheers.
These young people may not be as athletically superior as those in the NFL, the cheerleaders less sophisticated. To me, however, little can compare to their enthusiasm. Carpe diem!
Is a trip to the mountains something you enjoy? Crisp, piney air. What's your favorite mountain?
I'd adore a trip to the mountains, but that's not in the cards right now.
My favorite mountain?
Technically, my hometown sits on something called the Pajarito Plateau (7,000+ elevation) -- not a mountain per se, but surrounded by the Jemez and Sangre de Cristos.
![]() |
| The road home ... Los Alamos, NM |
What's something that once felt like a mountain but is now just a molehill.
I wouldn't call it a 'molehill', but navigating the health-care system no longer gives me "the vapors." LOL.
Let's play this or that-fall foods edition. Yes, you have
to choose.
Pumpkin spice latte o.Chai latte. I've never tried it!
Apple cider or hot chocolateUm, no thank you.Stew or chili. Both, please.
Sweet potato casserole orGreen bean casseroleButternut squash soup
or creamy mushroom soup
Cranberry sauce orGravy
Sum up your September in a sentence or two.
I can't say it any better than this!
(Credit Facebook)
Insert your own random thought here.
Thank y'all so much for the prayers. They were felt!
Not 24 hours after his scans, Tom's primary called. She asked us to come back and pick up a new antibiotic; we've an appointment tomorrow at Wound Care.
We won't see the Neurologist for another 10 days, but I've gone online and copied the radiology results.
Hopefully, AI will translate them into "real people" verbiage.
Ha! No more medical secret code-speak.
(It's always something, right?!)
Wishing all y'all a blessed day!
Hugs, Myra




Glad to hear that Tom's doctor has already been in touch! Sounds like everything is okay, Myra. And yes, navigating the health care system is not for the faint of heart. I'd love to be able to go back to the Nantahala or Smoky Mountains, but that's now just part of my memory bank. Glad that I saw them, though!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a blessed day, too!