Sunday, September 27, 2026

All things considered ....

 


Life's pretty some of that all-right!


Earlier this week we enjoyed by a brief, unexpected day of high's in the mid-70's.  Woo-hoo! 
As if on cue, the empty lot next door erupted overnight in these.


"The spider lily is a symbol of reincarnation, often found around graveyards."
What's curious?  After 2, maybe 3 weeks they will have disappeared for another year.  Not unlike the mythical city of Brigadoon.

Walking about that land, I can't escape the thought, these lilies are also referred to as "dead Confederates."
(*goosebumps*)
After all, this parcel was once part of a plantation owned by the gentleman who founded our little church in 1840.

I won't be bringing any home to put in water, but I love looking at them and realizing the best time of the year's almost upon us.


Which reminds me...
I still haven't put away my mother's china service.  Even the sunroom's red-white-and-blue design needs to bow out and make way for Autumn.




We finally broke down and had a new, safer shower installed in the master bath.
What a mess, once they discovered "what lies beneath!"


I think Express Bath underestimated the time required, but at the end of the day, I'm delighted.


They even brought us a rubber duck!





Friday morning, I met with my new eye doc.  What a relief to know the film over my left eye isn't something concerning.  She said next year if I'd like, they can zap (laser) it in no time flat.

Meanwhile!  I may go back to wearing bi-focal glasses full time.
For a year now, I've kept inexpensive readers in every room of the house ... but while out shopping and I need to read the expiration date, etc. on something it's so annoying to dig in my purse.  First-world problems, haha.

Tom suggested I buy one of these around-the-neck chains to hold my spectacles -- but that's not going to happen anytime in this lifetime.
Together with AI, I've picked out several cute styles that will look best on my face. 




Oh, and you know what else?  I'm so excited, y'all!
AI's helping clothe me.

For most of my adult life, no matter my weight, my natural waistline's anywhere from 10-12" smaller than my hips.
There's little I dislike more than trying on jeans in some public dressing room with abysmal lighting.

Once I gave my "personal stylist" more info, it came back with recommendations -- the "whys", brands, descriptions ... and prices, too!  All without leaving my desk or spending a dime.
For a moment, it felt like I was in an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.





Well, it's going on lunchtime and Grace is living me her best side eye.  Mom, I'm staaaaarving!

There's nothing more pressing, but if you would, please keep Tom in your prayers.  Without going into detail, he's having 2 CAT-scans done tomorrow on his head and spine.
Thank you!



Hugs, Myra  




 


 

27 comments:

  1. Praying right now for Tom and the tests tomorrow.
    Praying for good answers and peace in both of your hearts.
    Wow to using AI for finding the best clothes. That never occurred to me to use it that way. Looking forward to seeing the "New" You ...
    Good luck on the glasses. Both Dave and I need some new specs. soon.
    Its a cool morning here too. Its only 64F now at 10AM and destined to reach a whopping 76F this afternoon. I am enjoying it but its overcast and so dark in the house.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers lifted for Tom and his tests he has to have tomorrow, Myra! I think it's neat that you're having AI help you with your wardrobe; let us know what you decide to purchase and share with us. And the glasses? I don't know if you recall, but I finally gave up and got a lanyard for mine. So necessary when shopping at the store and as you referenced, not having to dig them out of a purse. And I have never heard of the spider lily, but I did enjoy the spooky story about their origin. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lanyard sounds so much better than one of those jeweled chains my mother's friends used to favor.

      Delete
  3. Keeping you all in prayer. I wear glasses all the time-if not, the world would be pretty 'foggy', lol. Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They gave me an option for one contact, but I'm not excited about that.

      Delete
  4. Prayers being lifted for Tom and will continue. I need to explore AI helping me shop for clothes!! How fun! It's always good to catch up with you here, Myra. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not ready to hit the "buy" button just yet, but yes. It's fun!

      Delete
  5. I am praying for Tom and for you right now.
    God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you and Tom as well. Gosh it is not easy getting older - if it is not one thing it is another.
    I never thought of using AI to help find clothes. So if they find a good outfit - can you find the outfit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! All I did was send AI my measurements and ask what they recommend. Here's an excerpt from the (very detailed) 3-page response.

      Silver Jeans Co. Avery High Rise Curvy Straight
      $61.60•High-rise fit for curvy figures, versatile straight leg.
      Quince Curvy Bella Stretch Straight Jeans
      $50.00•Stretchy, comfortable fit with a flattering curvy silhouette.
      Levi's 501 Curve Jeans
      $74.99•Classic Levi's style with a curve-friendly fit and timeless look.
      Silver Jeans Avery Curvy — This is particularly suited to your proportions: it's designed for a smaller waist and fuller hips, with a contoured waistband to prevent gaping.
      Quince Curvy Bella Straight — A softer, stretchy option with a contoured waistband and extra room through the hip and thigh. It's also only about $50 currently.
      Levi's 501 Curve — A classic straight-leg option specifically engineered with a different hip-to-waist ratio to minimize the waist gap.

      Hope this answers your question!

      Delete
  7. I am saying a prayer for Tom and you right now - that God will have his arms wrapped around you both!! I have a horrible time finding the right jeans. Maybe I need to ask Chat about what brand I should buy!! In my Monday morning post (which I typed this afternoon), I talk about Spider Lilies . . .and how many are in my house. Now I am a tad freaked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa.
      Check out what I just commented to "Chatty" (above). I'm looking forward to reading your post tomorrow!

      Delete
  8. Tom and you are both in my prayers. Hoping the scans are ok. I'm not sure about AI and haven't used it yet. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with it. We used to call those plants mystery lillies. It is amazing how they pop up overnight and disappear just as fast. We continue to be hot and dry, but do have a good chance of rain later today. Hope you all stay safe and happy there! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are amazing! I like the term, "mystery lillies."

      Delete
  9. I wasn't prepared for all of the little things that go on with getting older. Many prayers for the two of you!! Your shower...so nice!! This is on my bucket list to get done in the next few months..A new shower!! The spider lily..they really have a story to tell. As beautiful as they are, there are a lot of hidden unknowns about this flower. Our vision is so important and it sure can be challenging when things go crazy on us. Hope this all gets fixed and you feel comfortable with the glasses. I'm telling you, AI can do just about anything. Dress us, give us new hairstyles, and even inspire us with home ideas. Wishing you a wonderful week Myra...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shug! Unfortunately, given Tom's mobility challenges, the shower conversion went from a 'want' to a 'need.'

      Delete
  10. Of course the prayers will happen right now.
    I think spider lilies are lovely flowers, and worth having in the home.
    And how wonderful is this break in the heat?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers for Tom and you as well. Imaging is always looking into the unknown and I get rattled so easily. I have missed stopping by. I will do better now. The grands and greats are growing like weeds. When did Brody get Facetime to chat with me? Oh my heart! That boy is walking sports encyclopedia! Blake, lover of learning. He plays soccer. He knows the ins and outs of it but he loves running in the sunshine. Not a huge sports fan but if you are not Mathematically smart, like me, he is your guy! Good to see you here. Love & Prayers & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wear glasses all the time. I especially like funky type eyewear and have a couple different types. They get so expensive, but I figure they are my only piece of jewelry I wear besides my earrings plus it's my thing. I like how they hide my crow lines and dark circles. 👓
    I pray that Tom has good results from the CAT-scans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, a pleasure to read and enjoy then smile. Love the shower, Amazing what can be done in a short time, we used to take days with that . and did not look as 'cool'. I lost part of the comment but hugs to th sax man and love to you lady.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed this post. (too much partying here lol). I saw today where Tom already had the CT Scans, and now you wait for the results. Praying all is good and nothing too surprising. I LOVE your new shower! So happy for you! Did you used to have a tub shower there? That looks so nice and neat and safer! Wow, on the AI dress designer person thing. That sounds great. I need to try that with figuring out an appropriate bra these days. Anyone else in that boat? I just ordered a couple of new ones in two different sizes so I can find out which size fits. Thankfully they are fully returnable. Remember the days when the lady at JC Penney's could fit you for a new bra? I really never actually did that, but I thought it was a nice idea. Anyway, AI would be a much more "comfortable option", unless they share your results with the world. LOL. I hope you have a good rest of the week. Praying for Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am browsing your life going from missed posts. LOVE the new shower.. Bob had a scream or two when I mentioned a new shower for him. he prefers to continue showers in the back yard with a hose.
    hope the cat scans went well, I am missing so much of your life by not reading.. am trying to do one person a day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!