Friday, September 18, 2026

Hello!

... and good morning, Starshiners!

I've no idea why the little record player in my head began playing this at daybreak, but there you are!  Some may remember 1969.



My goodness! How did it get to be Friday already without making time to sit down with some of my favorite humans?

It's easy to blame Blogger Reader, but honestly?  Somedays it's easy to feel overwhelmed.  Thank you for understanding.

Soooo, in between Life Lessons, here are a few moments that made me smile.



While at the library, I spotted this hanging in the children's reading room.
Why it affixed itself to my heartstrings, I've not a clue.
Nevertheless, I'm pondering buying a print ("The Fairy Tale") to put here in the office.  Just because.





I ordered another goodly supply of writing pads.
Silly, perhaps, that certain paper makes me happy -- but there's such a satisfying rich texture that makes writing even daily lists feel delicious.

After finishing The Correspondent, I toyed with the thought of writing actual letters once more.
But no.


While I loved the little alien ET of movie fame, not so much my own (essential tremor).   Grandma W used to call hers, "the shakes."

My doctor suggests I eliminate caffeine?  Um, that's a hard no! 

Another suggestion - while highly improbable - made me giggle:  Switch to your non-dominant hand!

I had to do just that in 6th grade after an unfortunate bicycle accident.  No thank you very much.
Anyone else remember those heavy plaster casts?

Okay, here's an example.  Just for giggles done in Gregg Shorthand.

Can you tell me what I've written?




Today's the One-Year Anniversary of the little ladies' group I started on a whim.
Some are new, others have gone -- but these loyal "Sistas in Christ" are dear.


Funny!
Our server was too busy to take a photo of all of us.  Later I took a selfie and asked AI to put me in the picture.  This looks like Brenda's sitting on my lap and now I can't un-see it!




Well, I need to start getting ready for P.T.  It's not hard, but neither is it fun.  And, it beats yard work!

 Have a wonderful time out there, everywhere!


Hugs, Myra








 


4 comments:

  1. If you hadn't mentioned the photo mishap, I wouldn't have noticed it.You're right. Now I can't unsee it. 😄
    Most importantly is that lovely group of ladies you gathered together to form a sweet fellowship. Happy One year of good times and good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever ... I think you attempted to write: good morning, Starshiners!

    That song takes me back years.

    Praying for you and Tom. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1 year anniversary to your group. You all are a great looking bunch. I did take shorthand in college, but it has long left this brain of mine. Hope your PT keeps moving forward and that you get some great improvement. Listen...I know I am on the edge of crazy, but one of my favorite stores is Office Depot. I could shop in there for a long time. I love the paper, the pens, the stationary...It's my happy place. go ahead and order the writing pads...If Tom asks you about them just tell him I said you needed to order them. LOL...have a blessed weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you figure out how the ear worm songs stick in our brains please let the rest of us know. While yours is an actual song I get things like the theme song from The Beverly Hillbillies stuck in my head. I walk around al day singing "Well listen to a story bout a man name Jed"
    The photo is so cute and I never would have noticed
    anything if you had not mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!