Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Falling into the Hodgepodge

 




Happy Fall, y'all!
... and thanks to Joyce for making Wednesdays so entertaining!


🍂


Fall arrives this week in the northern hemisphere.  Does it look/feel like fall where you live?  What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel its officially fall?

Yesterday evening I spotted a crimson leaf all alone on our lawn.

Unfortunately, Central Alabama hasn't received the memo.
For the foreseeable future, I'll have to be content dreaming of a green and golden world I used to know.



What's a small daily task or chore that always seems to fall through the cracks when your schedule gets busy?

Mopping the kitchen floor.
The light-colored tile shows every stinkin' spec of dirt.




What's something you're falling for lately?

Christmas advertisements.
Yes, already.

Like gun sales, however, I give myself a "cooling off" period before hitting the "buy now" button.  More often than not, I'll go back after a week, maybe two and decide "no", that's not for me.

What's your buying M.O.?



Pumpkin is a popular flavor this time of year.  Are you a fan?  What's your favorite pumpkin-flavored food or beverage?

On a 1-to-10 scale, I'm about an "8."
Walking into Publix and seeing their beautiful display of decorated pumpkins and flowers my heart literally skipped a happy beat.

Not 2 minutes later, a pumpkin cream cheese pie happened to jump in my cart.
Unfortunately, it didn't taste as good as it looked.

I'm holding out for the day their pumpkin "monster cheesecake" slices arrive.  They're a bit pricy but worth every penny calorie. 



What's something you wish would never change.  Explain.

40-50 degree days.
That's it .....  that's enough!



Insert your own random thought here.







Hugs, Myra

21 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the kitchen floor. Somehow I'm the only one who notices the dirt on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the first to assure you that I always enjoy your posts? Happy autumn! Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck, Kathy beat me to it. Pumpkin pie, ice cream, bread, cookies....and cheesecake.

      Delete
    2. Aw, thank you so much! Jon, your comments always leave me smiling.

      Delete
  3. I hope it cools down a little for you and it starts to feel more like fall!
    Ugh! I hate mopping the floors, I always leave that job until last.
    That is a shame the pumpkin pie looked better than it tasted. The cheesecake sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Floors are a huge chore. I used to love to vacuum and mop floors. What was I thinking back then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these memes, Myra - LOL! Yes, Fall can't come soon enough. Hope y'all cool down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still very hot in Texas, nothing cool here, unless you go inside in the a/c. Everything is still very green, no fall colors have appeared. Thankfully, I don't do any floors here. My daughter takes care of all the cleaning. I do love the flavor of pumpkin, pie is a favorite of mine and pumpkin spice coffee is delicious! Sooner or later we too will cool down. Hang in there! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHa I love that final quote about releasing the crockpots. I also think that crockpots are such a lifesaver for summer too. They are one pot meals and don't heat up the kitchen.
    Things that fall through the cracks can be forgetting to take meat out of the freezer to thaw for dinner, looking at my smudgy floor and windows and moving on to doing something else ... Oooo a pumpkin cheese cake sounds delicious as does pumpkin bread ... pumpkin pie is yummy too. Not fond of pumpkin latte though. Too sweet for me. Vanilla Chai Latte hot is the best ...oh man now I want one but won't pay almost $5.00 for a cup. Now when I was in the tradeshow business and things like that were on the company's dime ... I always had one for a pick me up on afternoon break. Drool ...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that powder to make chai lattes all the time and I'm tempted. Would you believe, I've never tasted one?

      Delete
  8. I actually used my crockpot some this summer because it was so hot and that doesn't heat up the kitchen. Plus I could be outside and have dnner made. I love the soups and stews that taste so good this time of year. My hubs cleans the floors. Whooohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ending poster ... "we made it, everybody". Yes, it's been a long year and thankfully we made it thus far. You know ... sometimes I look back at my old Blog posts and I am so pleased to note that some of my readers have been visiting and commenting for almost ten years. Thank you for being one of these loyal friends. I'm very grateful.

    God bless always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Release the Crockpots!! YES!! Made me giggle, but I agree!! Love you, dear friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, happy fall!! enjoy it a little extra for me- I am a SUMMA girl through and through so I have to have a little period of mourning before I can really get into it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!