Outside?
"What's the Summer equivalent of hibernation, but for humans?"
- Amanda Curran
Grateful
For paws-itive news about Macie Ann at the girls' annual check-up! Unlike his partner, Dr. Aman thinks her heart murmur is "slight" ... that her ragged cough is the result of a tracheal collapse, not water on the heart. (Sounds worse than it is.) She'll still have to be on her heart meds the rest of her days, but we're ditching her collar for a harness.
In the Kitchen?
Slow cooker French onion meatloaf coming up!
(*Recipe at the bottom)
I need this shirt!
Humming
Jimmy Buffet's "Changes in Latitude ....."
A stretch, perhaps, but I'm making a conscious effort to change my early morning routine. Instead of holing away in the office with coffee and my faithful Girl Friday (Macie Ann), I'm trying out different places where I can pray, play word games and scroll about social media.
Tom's 'thinking bench' sitting out front has been calling my name, but it's still too muggy. Instead, the seldom-used dining room offers a sweet view -- while I can remain largely unseen. That, and little Grace can't walk across my Chromebook!
And finally ...
This made me smile
I hope your Friday is filled with lots of Happy!
Hugs, Myra
*Crockpot French Onion Meatloaf with Melted Swiss Cheese
Ingredients:
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 large onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup beef broth
8 slices Swiss cheese
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix until just combined.
Shape the mixture into a loaf and place it in the crockpot.
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and cook until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
Pour the caramelized onions and beef broth over the meatloaf in the crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the meatloaf is fully cooked and tender.
About 15 minutes before serving, top the meatloaf with Swiss cheese slices, cover, and allow the cheese to melt.
Slice and serve the meatloaf with the onions and broth spooned over the top.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 7 hours | Total Time: 7 hours 20 minutes
The meatloaf sounds/look tasty. We should try that.
ReplyDeleteGood news about Macie Ann. And also a good idea to try different places to read your laptop. I try that sometimes but the dog always finds me somehow.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend. God bless always.
Thank you so much ... blessings!
DeleteGlad to hear about Macie Ann.
ReplyDeleteNow that TheHub is here so much, he has just figured out I talk to myself. If he is in another room and I say something like "That's better" he will holler and ask me what I said thinking I was talking to him.
I resemble that remark! 😉
DeleteGlad your sweet Macie will be okay! That meatloaf sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe!! Sending a hug, Myra! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you, Terri! xo
DeleteThat's good news about Macie Ann! What a relief that must be.
ReplyDeleteIt sure is!
DeleteSummer is not my thing either. I'm anxiously awaiting Fall like always.
ReplyDeleteI've been making a similar version of that meatloaf since about 1974. Never have tried it in the crockpot. I'll have to give it a go.
Sorry to hear about Macie Ann. Golly. It breaks my heart when our pets get sick. Every one of them are so important in our lives. I get that.
Blessings to you all. ❤️
I almost refuse to turn on the oven until November, so jumped all over this crockpot idea.
DeleteSo happy to hear that good news about Macie Ann! Pets enrich our lives beyond measure. Danny has a copy-cat recipe from Cracker Barrel for meatloaf, so I think I'm going to stick with that. Thanks for your prayers, Myra, because he's home now!!! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThank God your Danny's home again!
DeleteGood news about Macie Ann - we had to do the harness for Disco at the end too.
ReplyDeleteYour recipe sounds delish - my husband would love that.
Wanting cooler weather too.
It's going in tomorrow morning, so I'll let you know!
DeleteLoved this cozy update, Myra! So glad to hear paws-itive news about Macie Ann. That meatloaf recipe sounds like pure comfort definitely saving it! Also giggled at the “thinking bench” bit.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a happy, heart-filled Friday!
We love comfort food!
DeleteOh my, I never thought to top off the meat loaf with onions. I'll definitely by trying that next time..
ReplyDeleteSo glad you pup has good news! They are part of the family and we don't want anything to happen to them. Crockpots are wonderful to use in the summertime . I too need a shirt like that one, I love good food! Hope you have a great weekend ! Love, ma
Thank you so much!
DeleteUMMmm that meatloaf sounds so yummy. I think I will have to try making it too.
ReplyDeleteGood news on your precious pup.
Love that shirt too. Its Me...
Thanks for your prayers on our friend's behalf. When I get further updates I will post them. Waiting to hear from our son Steve.
Sue
I don't know that I'll make the meatloaf again. IF I do, I'll use leaner (v. 80/20) and turn off earlier than the 7 hrs.
DeleteLive and learn!
Wow, now THAT's a MEATLOAF! That really sounds good, even if it is a bit of some extra work...but still... And I love your mug! And yes, a change in perspective is really nice. However, I used a desktop computer, so I can't change it so easily. However, I am thankful to already have it in a "room with a view". So glad your Macie Ann's issue isn't as bad as thought. And yes, it is hot and soupy here too. We just thank the Lord for our central AC all summer long and look forward to fall/winter/spring, when we can go outside again without melting into a pool of sweat. LOL. At least we don't have to shovel snow or scrape ice in the winter! Something to be thankful for! I hope you have a lovely rest of your weekend.
ReplyDeleteGood point! When doing anything important (like a Blog post? lol!) I still have to work on my sturdy, reliable desktop.
DeleteGlad the girls are good. Yum on the meatloaf. Take care.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debby!
DeleteThanks Myra...and girl, Florida is just like Alabama weather wise, LOL. Wishing you a lovely day my friend.
ReplyDeleteYou, too! Stay safe down there!
Delete