![]() |
Last Sunday Pastor Janet opened with, "How's your heart?"
She wasn't referring to our physical self. Rather, "If someone was to take a spiritual cardiac MRI of your heart, what would it show?"
She continued ... so many of us make assumptions about a person based on their outward appearance, their actions.
Holy? You betcha!
But what's on the inside?
Today in our culture we have our lives paraded through photo sharing on social media. (Hey, I'm right there with you!)
Sometimes, however, the camera can be deceiving. You know that little rear-view mirror on the side of your car?
See what it says?
I can't recall a time in recent years (when) I didn't use filters to amend my selfies. Greatest invention ever!
Not only wrinkles. A favorite blouse, as captured by the lens, actually looks unbecoming. (A different perspective than my bathroom mirror, but don't ask me why.)
What it doesn't reveal?
Old resentments, selfishness, gluttony. The list is long.
Our Father sees our cardiac conditions for what they really are, but loves us all the same.
Wow.
I hope y'all enjoy a blessed day!
Hugs, Myra




Yes, a clean heart if something I pray for. Lord, create a clean heart in me. We often say that prayer in our church. When one's sins are forgiven I believe our hearts become clean. The good Lord has the power and love to do that for us. Love, ma
ReplyDeleteI, too, say that prayer daily ... and renew a right spirit within me.
DeleteSo very true. Thanks Myra for the reminder. smiles
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteGreat sermon and examples!
ReplyDeleteCheerful Monk
DeleteYes! (I wonder if Pastor Janet noticed me scribbling in shorthand across my bulletin, lol.)
DeleteAs I heard one Pastor say, that'll preach! ✝️ I'm thankful we have the blood of Jesus Christ to cover all our sins when we trust and believe in Him. I sure can't save myself (or anyone else).
ReplyDeleteBlessings. 💓
That'll preach! ... I like that!
DeleteThis is a good one Myra. Makes one really think about that MRI of the spiritual heart. So thankful that God can heal our spiritually broken hearts.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful, indeed!
DeleteWhat a wonderful post. One of your best, Mevely. Thank you so much.
ReplyDeleteI've read it twice. It is still brilliant.
God bless you.
How kind of you to say so, Victor. Thank you!
DeleteWoW, what a great message♥ Thank you.
ReplyDelete🙏💛
DeleteAnd as with doctors - MRI's and things - we can ask God for healing.
ReplyDeleteYes, I believe. In His own way and time.
DeleteVery thought provoking! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for saying that, Kathy!
DeleteIt is definitely what is on the inside of us that counts the most, Myra. That God still loves us is the miracle. Oh, and I love that T-shirt you featured here, too. Wonder if that's on Amazon? Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI found this on Facebook, but I'll bet it is. Trying not to spend unnecessary money, but it's mighty tempting!
DeleteAn excellent analogy! Checking in quickly, but happy to catch up!! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to 'see' you, Terri! Thank you for making time to visit. 😘
DeleteWonderful lesson for today (or any day). Man looks on the outside, but God sees the heart...and sometimes I get a bit concerned about what He might be seeing...the REAL me. It's not always "picture perfect", I am certain. This was a great lesson. Thank you for sharing it with us and giving us some good thoughts to ponder.
ReplyDeleteYes, there's no hiding from the One who sees all. Blessings!
DeleteI seem to be loosing many of my comments..
ReplyDeleteI really like the analogy of the MRI. I am always praying Create in me a clean heart..
One of my greatest faults is assumption.. I have to give it constantly to the Lord.
Great post Myra.
Sue
What a great and much needed (by me) post.
ReplyDelete