It's a sign of the times ...
As seen at our vet's office
Well, the 'instant sweat' factor's still with us. Meanwhile, I'm ....
Grateful
... for a good visit at UAB with Tom's cardio guru (aka, McDreamy) today. I'm in love with his laidback attitude ("Don't like Ensure?; get yourself a McDonald's shake." See you in 60 days!)
I think Tom was a little out of sorts (that) I didn't want to visit Cheesecake Factory. "That's okay, I'll swing through Burger King when we get home." (*heavy sigh, lol*)
I remembered a spot blogger-friend Anne has mentioned and asked Google Girl to take us there.
Because it was an unheard of 87* with a sweet breeze we sat outside.
Tom enjoyed his Baron dog
and we split a yummy quattro cheese flatbread
Provolone, Mozzarella, Garlic Ricotta, Gouda and hot honey
Concerned ...
About our ladies latest Bible study.
It's only Week #2, but I'm so disinterested, unengaged.
See, while in school I loathed History. This, from the Old Testament (Book of Ruth) is presenting a real challenge.
I truly want to sit it out but would miss the camaraderie.
Advice, anyone?
In the kitchen?
Doesn't this look good?
On the spur of the moment, we stopped by our favorite deli last week. I'm going to try and make it here at home this week.
Spiced fajita chicken, spinach, pimentos and portabella mushrooms -- grilled and topped with feta and walnuts on a bed of spring mix.
I ❤️ that Chappy's offers stuffed eggs as a side v. fries or chips.
Pondering ...
If I really want to find part-time employment.
Right now, it's not necessary ... but I want a new car in the worst way!
Smiling ...






So glad all went well at your husband’s doctor visit.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Cathy!
DeleteCute cartoon about us overthinkers and good your hubby's doctor visit went well. I hope you keep on with the Bible study, I think you are meant to be there. To learn something, to share something, and/or to help someone who is attending, maybe someone you don't know well. There is a reason you are there. Plus we know who is the author of discouragement!
ReplyDeleteWow, I love your last line so much. Thank you!
DeleteIt might be fun to find a part-time job and save for a new car. It sounds as if you might have a choice of positions.
ReplyDeleteRight now, everything seems to be full-time. Perhaps that will change after school starts?
DeleteOh I wish I had know you went there. I would have gussied up (changed from shorts into capris and put on a clean tee shirt) and met you there. We go there about once a week.
ReplyDeleteThis was a total last-minute decision, or I'd have e'd you! (If you'd like, PM me your number, myra.guca@gmail.com.)
DeleteIs it the Book of Ruth you are studying? It is a very short book unless you are "digging" into the history of the times, etc. How long is the study (as in how many weeks?)
ReplyDeleteGlad Tom got a good report from the doctor! I like that doctor. McDonald's shakes sound so much more better than Ensure!
That food looked so yummy!
I think if you found the "perfect" part time job it would make sense to take it. I have heard new cars are so expensive these days . Even used ones. I also heard car repossessions were up since people bought when they had more disposable income (higher benefits on unemployment, stimulus money, etc). Maybe you can get a good deal that way?
betty
Good point! Right now, it seems the attractive options are full-time. This is the study title: The Epic of Eden: Ruth, facilitated by Sandra L. Richter. At least it's only 6 weeks.
DeleteI took a brief look at that Bible study. I'm not sure I would have picked it to do myself. I like her concept of reaching out to seekers and newcomers but if she made it a bit drab or too much detail in genealogy or the lay of the land, etc., it might be a little hard to get into. You are right, 6 weeks will fly by. Hopefully the next study will be something really interesting for you!
Deletebetty
I'm so thankful and pleased that Tom's visit to the doctor's went well. Praise the Lord.
ReplyDeleteI suggest you continue with the Bible class because if you left it you'd be Ruth less.
Seriously though, consider this: we are all a gift to each other. Our very presence, often, without our knowledge, has a positive effect on others. By your attendance at the study group you may well be encouraging someone else without knowing. Even a silent smile may mean the world to someone else. By being there you can be Jesus to someone else.
God bless.
Victor, your gentle encouragement means so much! You are a blessing.
DeleteGood news about the visit to Doc McDreamy and woo hoo on milkshakes. Maybe look for a job that you would not mind working, no pressure to need the job so take as long as it takes for find one. we are on the edge of me needing one and with my tummy problems and can't stand for hours, not much I can do. Only you can decide about the class, the scales of pro and con effect you differently than me. I have never needed to be around others bad enough to make me sit through something boring. sounds like they might need anotgher teacher
ReplyDeleteWe've no teacher, per se. Rather, a few of the more outgoing ladies take turns facilitating and we watch lessons on video. At least we've only 4 more weeks.
DeleteWow, whatever that was Tom was eating sure looks good and filling! Did he eat the whole thing??? So glad he's feeling better. Regarding Ruth: I love that story so much! When you realize that Ruth is grafted into the lineage of the genealogy of Christ, it becomes a beautiful story. The verse where Ruth told her mother in law "Entreat me not to leave you...for whither thou goest, I will go, wherever thou lodgest, I will lodge, your people shall be my people...and your God my God..."...we had that song sung at our wedding...and little did I know how much I would be doing the "whither thou goest I will go" routine once we were called into the ministry. It is a beautiful love story. I hope God will help you to see the beauty therein. Maybe it's just not a well written study guide...but being with the other ladies can be such a blessing for you and for them to have you there. Sometimes that's the whole reason for being there... Sorry, didn't mean to preach...I hope it gets better soon. Love you dear friend.
ReplyDeleteNo worries, dear friend. You can 'preach' all you want, and I'll listen. Thank you for sharing your story!
DeleteUnlike you, I've always loved history and I did enjoy studying the book of Ruth. I Haven't done a Bible study for awhile and definitely need to get back into it. Being with a great group of people like that is definitely rewarding. Hang in there Myra and I hope it gets better for you! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ma. I remember my mother saying, "Myra does well (in school) in those subjects that interest her."
DeleteThe book Of Ruth really is amazing and she was an amazing woman.
ReplyDeleteI hope you continue to go to Bible Study.
Catherine
Yes, I will!
DeleteI'm glad Tom's appointment went well and McDreamy sounds like my kind of doctor! I am always up for a McDonald's shake, but Ensure? Ugh! I, too, hope you stick with the study. There is a lot to learn from Ruth and I'm sure the Lord has something there for you, if not in the class then in the fellowship. You know it is the enemy who will whisper in our ears and try every trick in the book to isolate us and keep us from anything meant to help us grow in our relationship with God. Show him who is boss!
ReplyDeleteI needed to hear this encouragement, Stacy. Yes! I will!
DeleteTom's hot dog looks yummy and so does the flatbread - not to mention that fajita chicken dish! Yum!! My small group is still working through The Screwtape Letters. I am not enjoying it at all. I quit reading it ahead and just listen to the discussion by two people. The camaraderie is what counts. No one else really likes it either. Sigh. No advice for you about Ruth other than let others wade through the discussion and hang tough. Missing our lunch that would have been tomorrow, darn it. I was really looking forward to it. xo
ReplyDeleteHow many are in your group, Terri? Last count, ours has more than doubled; we're at 21. A little large for my comfort level, but I'm hanging in there all the same.
DeleteYou might want to get a Dairy Queen shake instead of McDonalds......but, truth to tell, I haven't had a good milkshake since I was a kid.
ReplyDeleteThat cheese flatbread looks wonderful and so does the deli meal.
I probably know more about the Bible than you'd ever believe (my mother was religious). The story of Ruth never really inspired or interested me. But her devotion to her mother-in-law is inspiring.
Dairy Queen ... yesssss! Seriously, I used to be addicted to their DQ Dudes -- remember them? Sadly, they're no longer available east of the Mississippi.
DeleteIn my last sentence I should have said "admirable" rather than "inspiring".
ReplyDelete🙂
DeleteYes I can relate to the 'I'm smiling" 100%. Great graphic.... and YES I would this too! you said:I ❤️ that Chappy's offers stuffed eggs as a side v. fries or chips. I wish more folks would do that, for sure.
ReplyDeleteLoved the entire entry, BUT I know I could have enjoyed that Baron-dog!!!
Take care, WE B TIRED.. LOL
Love from NC
My goodness, I L O V E this post! Ah...the Book of Ruth, I loved her trust in God because she and her MIL lost their husbands and traveled to an unknown land. I am a huge fan of all the women of the bible. Look at Rehab, she hide those men and put them in the basket and lowered them so they could escape with their lives. Women of the bible are something incredible. I love their stories. I think I can relate on some levels to some trials but certainly not the difficulties Ruth put up with gleaning the fields. I have that canvas in my kitchen, The Gleaners. My mom had it too. I am sure it sold at a yard sale for a dollar or something silly. But it is my tribute to my mom. I'm sorry, off track. So Ruth was directly in line with Jesus, coming before Him but nonetheless, exciting to me. I was always wuiet at bible study when I was a young mom, now I would speak up more. Oh if you lived my husband 38 plus years you would know the countries of origin of all the different bible people. He amazes me everyday with his knowledge. You never know, someone else might hear something you say and you could very well make their day. Avery worked with a sweet gal Veronica from our hometown too. When he was with Pella Windows long long ago. She turned him on to bible study and all these years later he still is so grateful she helped him get into a good place. We never know what person is in our life for what purpose, but God knows. Happy to hear good news about Tom. We get DQ shakes occasionally and also In-n-Out Burger makes a terrific shake. Don't know if you have them in your part of the world. But a shake occasionally is a good and yummy cold treat. I hope your week is going well. The world is a weird place. That is what my friend Cheri told me. Say a prayer for my friend Cheri. She had her reconstructive surgery today. I am praying all went well. Thank you and take care.
ReplyDeleteSo glad Tom got a good report! I watch a lady who sales makeup and she does a bible study I watch, though I am behind. Ruth was her first few. Unrelated to Ruth but I read a good book a few years ago called ‘The Red Tent’. If you haven’t read it you might like it.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Sheila Y