Welcome back!
This week Joyce asks ...
What's the last time you drove more than 100 miles from your home? Where did you go?
It's been 4 years this week. How pathetic is that?
I was so excited to point my car in the direction of Florida, to visit an old friend -- and finally meet dear blogger friends, Sandra and Terri.
Speaking of excited ...
Next week I get to have lunch with Terri when she visits Alabama!
Something that drives you batty?
Too much!
Lately, it's ignorant preoccupied denizens of the grocery aisles. For instance?
I'm not normally in a rush, but the lady in front of me at the grocers yesterday was pushing all my buttons:
Only after the cashier finished scanning, did she open her purse ... debating which of her cards she wanted to use. "This? No, let's go with this."
Then. Once presented with the receipt she just stood there -- examining it before slowly putting it back in her wallet.
No, she wasn't elderly and didn't appear to be infirm. I behaved, but was mentally screaming "Move!"
Do you feel like you're 'on track'?
Unfortunately, no.
I've been swimming in circles for months now, waiting: Waiting to see if Tom feels up to doing anything.
I've been swimming in circles for months now, waiting: Waiting to see if Tom feels up to doing anything.
Granted, his has not been an easy journey. But I need to focus on how to occupy my days and stop walking on eggshells. (Sorry, just keeping it real.)
Thankfully, I'm in reasonably good health. God willing, there's opportunities. A brass ring to be had?
Your favorite car snack?
This and bottled spring water still satisfy!
No muss, no fuss -- and best of all, no carbs which tend to make me drowsy.
Something you've done recently 'on the fly'?
That I'm waiting to discover!
Insert your own random thought here.






I'm so happy that you and Terri are going to get to be together again! How wonderful is that??? That's pretty special, and I do hope you will take LOTS of pictures! I enjoyed your post. I understand how you feel about waiting to be able to do things...seems like for the past couple of years we've all been waiting for it to be "safe to go back in the water" so to speak. I would LOVE to take a trip, but with gas prices being what they are, that is all the excuse someone needed to stay home. My hubby doesn't like to drive far or in traffic, and so unless our kids take us with them, we are stuck. And now that they are so involved in their business they really don't have much time off at all. So we shall see what develops. Hubby promised we'd do something in the fall. Time will tell. Yes, be good, be safe!
ReplyDeleteI've got to check those sausages out. I love the message of that sign in the last picture. I always love to travel most any chance I get, but it always feels to wonderful to return home. The older I get the more I love my home and being there. I am so looking forward to hear about and see pictures of your visit with Terri.
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoy your answers.
ReplyDeleteAt this point in my life I'd like to travel far away from this endless insanity and find a private Utopia where I could immerse myself in blessed rejuvenation.
Grocery shopping? That's where my nerves are shredded and my killer instincts kick in. I could gleefully strangle some people with my bare hands.
Do I feel like I'm on track?
Hell, I can't even find the tracks......
2008 was the last time I went more than 5 miles from home, to Savannah and Augusta, 1 time I drove 49 miles to St Pete. I loved every moment of our visit and wish I were going to see you in AL so we could go visit Wetumpka!
ReplyDeleteWhen we did a lot of traveling I always took a large jar of peanuts, the kind with the walking talking peanut that I have now forgoten the name of. I doubt I will ever travel again, I just can't make myself drive long distance and Bob can't so we are here until death do part. Yum on the sausage. Of course like the peanuts they would make me thirsty which would make me drink water or diet 7up which would cause a Stop At Every Rest Area on the route
2011 was the last time we drove more than 100 miles. We had to evacuate because of a wildfire so we drove to CA to visit my sister and other relatives.
ReplyDeleteHave a great visit with Terri!
I've met with Sandra too! Enjoy your lunch with Terri. LOL, we feel like we always get in the wrong lane at the grocery store. That's a great treat for the car. Love your random. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI am SO looking forward to seeing you again, Myra! Send me a PM or email with your lunch suggestions, please. I will just need an address and can keep you posted on my approach/ETA. Your idea to meet in Wetumpka is a fun one!! xo
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that woman was at your supermarket queue holding you all up. It seems she has now moved on from my supermarket. She was not there today when I went shopping.
ReplyDeleteShe must have travelled more than 100 miles.
God bless you and Tom, Mevely.
What fun to meet blog friends. My last trip of more than 100 miles was to New Hampshire and Vermont last month. Just getting back into traveling again and so enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteNice thing to look forward to with lunch with Terri :) I think you need to take care of yourself Myra and make sure you are getting what you need as you take care of Tom and try to sort out things with him. It is okay to do :) I might have mentioned it before but when stuck in a long line or something that will require patience, I always think "got to pack my patience". But there are those times........
ReplyDeletebetty
It's such a special treat to meet blogging friends in person, Myra, and I'm glad you'll be visiting with Terri! Hang in there, my friend. Praying that Tom will be better soon.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to understand men sometimes. I remember those communication times; no fun. I hope it gets better with each day. I was in line at Family Dollar the other day and I was the one who ran into a snag. Item had to be checked and a line behind me. I turned to the man closest and apologized and thanked him that he was a patient man. He knew I respected him for the wait and pretty soon he turned to the man behind him and started talking and pretty soon we were all laughing in the wait.
ReplyDelete