Happy Friday, y'all!
... It's happy on Chapman because we never lost power in last night's storm, nor were there any damages or felled trees. A couple of my Bible study friends weren't so lucky; our private FB thread has been blowing up.
Anyway! The other day I visited the Main Street Vintage Market, in search of whimsy. While nothing screamed "Buy Me!" these lifted my spirits.
It's a very good thing our home's so small or this would SO be mine.
I actually woke up this morning reconsidering ...
Truth!
I've no idea why, but this grabbed my fancy,
Almost as much as this!
Old bed springs and colorful rags. Clever!
Crazy! Shortly after I posted Wednesday Tom asked if there was something I wanted to do; someplace I wanted to go.
I wasted little time suggesting lunch in Wetumpka, and Coosa Cleaver didn't disappoint!
Tom had his usual shrimp and grits, and my Cowboy Burger was a homerun.
Pepperjack cheese, grilled jalapenos and onion, bacon and bourbon glaze.
Props to our server who asked how I wanted it cooked ... and delivered, juicy medium rare! One doesn't find that much anywhere anymore.
(This is an image swiped from the net; I opted for collards v. fries.)
Couldn't resist stopping in the new (to me) oil and vinegar shop next door. Their selections were disappointing .....
... but I got these for stocking stuffers.
Yep, I'm already thinking about Christmas!
Well guys, I'd better get ready to take the girls for their annual vet visit.
Have a wonderful day -- and if we don't chat before, a super weekend!
Hugs, Myra







That burger and fries sure look tasty. I'm so glad you decided to go out to the restaurant.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful you are OK after the storms you had. Over here it has cooled a bit but not much rain ... yet.
Funny you mentioning Christmas. I read an article recently advising we do our Christmas shopping in summer because prices are going up yet again. I'll be buying everyone rolls of toilet paper.
God bless.
Actually, that's a great idea! I wonder if there's not a way to slip paper currency here and there, then wrap it back up. Hmmm.....
DeleteGlad to know you survived the storm without any damage. There was a horrendous storm here in TN two nights ago - with an all-night power outage. A few more trees toppled on my property. Soon there will be no forest left....
ReplyDeleteI like that wicker (?) tricycle that caught your eye. Perfect for autumn displays. Your cowboy burger looks delicious. I'd rather have that than shrimp and grits.
Have a pleasant (and hopefully stormless) weekend.
Thanks, Jon! The tricycle was actually metal, distressed to resemble cast iron. (No, I didn't try to lift it.)
DeleteWow, metal is far better than wicker. It could be used for autumn and Xmas decorations.
DeleteStay tuned ....
DeleteI would be happy with Toms or your food. yum on both, if I had to choose, burger/frys hold the collards. I love collards but they do not love me anymore. but never had them with a burger. love that tricicle and all the items but one, nix the springs and rags, the rest i love. ride around and find a window on a trash pile, hang it on the wall and attach flowers. easy peasy. glad you got out and you know i want to visit Wetumpka, even though the show was fakey I still want to see it all.
ReplyDeleteHa -- you've more faith in me than me. I'd love to have a larger kitchen I could do in a farmhouse/rustic theme. In my dreams!
DeleteGlad you were not affected by the storm. I love what you saw at the Vintage Market. That burger looks delicious. Way to go on thinking about Christmas already. Enjoy your weekend too!
ReplyDeleteThat was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten!
DeleteLove that bike!
ReplyDeleteMe, too!
DeleteHow great to hear that Tom was up to getting out with you, Myra. Sounds like good and promising news to me! So glad, too, that y'all dodged the bullet with that recent storm. Alabama seems to get more than its fair share of wild weather. While rain is great, especially in the hot summer months, deluges are not! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Martha! Yes, when Tom's feeling good we try and take advantage of the moment.
DeleteWe just had a humdinger of a thunderstorm, but thankfully no power outages here either...and I didn't notice any real high winds, so hopefully no one suffered any damages. We needed the rain. Our pond was thirsty! That burger looks huge! Definitely one for the "more burger than bun" category! LOL. Glad you got out and had some fun. We all need to do things like that now and then. Thinking about Christmas already? Hmmm, I usually do that around mid December, but I keep saying I am going to change my ways. LOL. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteChristmas in July! Since we've no longer any 'littles', gift cards seem to be the norm -- but honestly, that's not much fun. I try to compromise and pair them with inexpensive little 'things' that (I hope) bring a smile or two.
DeleteYour burger looks SO good!! I am looking forward to our lunch on Thursday, whichever place you decide!! The Vintage Market looks like fun! Sure hope I get to meet your Tom!! See you soon! xo
ReplyDeleteIt was! I really think Coaches Corner may be more to your liking, Terri -- out on that big patio overlooking the Coosa. Tom is really looking forward to meeting you, too!
DeleteI too love to see what 'artie' minds come up with. i.e. the bed springs! I like the old window frame also. Shrimp and grits sounds good BUT yep tht burger does it. I think the last time I was asked how I waned mine cooked was few years ago near Lancaster PA, I remember it because it was a surprise....
ReplyDeleteLove you guys, say safe. Glad you weathered the storm well.
Sherry & jack (tired, LOL)
I hear that! Usually, I don't order a hamburger out because they only cook them well done. Tom observed, in this case, it's a testament to the grade of beef they buy.
DeleteYum on that burger! Hope the vet visit went well for the girls!! Christmas already? But cute idea and good to start thinking/buying for it :)
ReplyDeletebetty
Yes, thanks! Grace's teeth are in a bad way; she'll spend the night next month and have them 'done.' It's not cheap to keep them healthy, but those are bills I don't mind paying!
DeleteI'm glad you escaped the storm. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jean. You and Andy to the same!
DeleteAs it's Cowboy Day, I'm glad to see you had a cowboy burger! You certainly have lucked out with the storms there. I think about you everytime I see bad weather forecasted in your area. I hope you do enjoy your weekend too ! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet thing to say! That means a lot to know others care.
DeleteI'm so glad y'all were able to get out. I know my hubby is feeling that way with me right now but hopefully, this week will be a turning point!! (for both Tom and me!)
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed!
DeleteEvery Sat. hubby and I make it a point to get out--just the two of us---sans our living arrangements/friends. smiles---I so understand about getting out about, smiles.
ReplyDeleteI love that!
DeleteOh the food looks yummy. Your picks at the vintage shop were so cool. I have zero willpower which is probably why my closet is bursting with shoes and clothes. We are kind of dreading the birthday party for our grandson Andrew's youngest son Logan who turned 3 this week. In a park, outdoors in this heat ugh. We told Zach and Rebekah we want to leave early. Tarrah never apologized for disrespecting us and yet Noelle butted in to Hannah's birthday earlier this month and they were all here. Hannah was sad it took away from her time with us. :-( but I try to hold it all together. SONday my SIL Lucy is having us for a Mexican lunch. It will be nice to see them as Leah is getting ready for another surgery. That poor girl has the worst health issues and she is a year older than Jeremy. We have a nice store that sells all the vinegar and oils. Rebekah found it a few years ago. It is fun to get in there and find something new to try. Those do make great stocking stuffers. Well, I talk way too much so let me close. Have a wonderful week.
ReplyDelete