... and fotos, too!
Dear Office Depot,
You guys rock!
When Saturday's storm knocked out power it was an inconvenience. A tragedy, however, to discover it killed my computer.
At the recommendation of friends, we carried the remains to your Techies who confirmed it was gone, baby. Gone. "8 years old?" The clerk didn't smirk, exactly, but the idea was there.
At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I felt like someone chopped off my left arm.
Thankfully, Tom decided we needed another right away. Better yet, y'all assured us it was possible they could transfer all the documents and photos from the old hard drive.
Three days later, a little poorer -- but so very grateful. Lesson learned!
P.S. --
When I called to ask about picking up an itemized bill of sale, you said "We normally don't do that. But we're happy to print you a copy."
Y'all were so nice, I don't mind (much) feeling like a dinosaur.
Dear LuLu,
I'm late in saying so, but 'Thank you!"
You're so right about this stuff!
I was a skeptic but have to admit. My chronically thin nails have never felt so strong!
Dear Beth,
We've come a long way since having shared a dorm room at McMurry. What you said the other day on FB, however, made me realize how much we've still in common.
Grant me the grace to retell? In part .....
"You know I love to read. I always have. My mother would come into my room late at night to take away the book I was reading under the covers.
... But lately I find I am avoiding reading the beautiful but 'hard to read' books. I can't get through those; I just can't anymore. Maybe it's because, after 72 years, I have enough tears of my own to shed or angry memories piled up to deal with. I want sweet, funny, soul-soothing books. Maybe with a little bite to keep them interesting."
I was blanketed in goosebumps.
Your insight makes me feel a little better about (what's left of) my mind! I'm going to take one of your suggestions and check out Fanny Flagg.
Dear City of Millbrook,
Your 'Tunes on the Green' (summer concert series) has been so enjoyable!
Despite the heat and humidity, last Thursday night y'all hit it out of the park.
Vintage autos ..... hot dogs ..... free watermelon ..... and live entertainment.
Police officer/Fire Marshall/singer, Doyle began by suggesting everyone join he and his wife in singing our National anthem. Well, I'll let these photos tell the story:
When Doyle and Bekky took breaks, the stereo system cranked up the tunes -- Everything from Village People (Y.M.C.A.) ..... to Britney Spears ... to Lynyrd Skynyrd (of course!).
I know there are those (names withheld) who've publicly commented how 'backward' we are in Alabama.
What she doesn't know, is the transparency which still exists: Love of God, Patriotism, community spirit ... even little kids who rush to open the door for us 'olden' folks.
What a shame, she doesn't know what she's missing.
Thanks so much for visiting!
Please have a sweet and safe weekend!
Hugs, Myra











What a lovely park event you had. Wonderful photos and no doubt great music too. The photos make a wonderful souvenir.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your computer. Good service is so rare these days. I am so fortunate to have a techie to help me with mine. He built the computer piece by piece to suit our requirements.
God bless you and yours Mevely. Stay cheerful and happy and keep away from sad books.
Lucky man! A good techie is worth his/her weight in bon- bons!
DeleteShhh! Let everyone think Alabama is backward. It will keep them from moving here and enjoying it, leaving more to enjoy for us.
ReplyDeleteOops ... you're right!
DeleteOh, amen, Sister, amen! I love Alabama and it's people and would have no problem moving there if it weren't so darn HOT. That party in the park looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteIt gets uncomfortable, yes ... but not nearly as bad as Phoenix!
DeleteThat sounds like a great party in the park! I would wilt in the heat though.
ReplyDeleteThat's why I've been known to slip a baggie in my purse containing a frozen washcloth.
DeleteDear Myra, you are indeed blessed to have accidentally landed in Mayberry USA. I would love to live there but for one thing. I love Florida Sunshine.
ReplyDeleteI would like to say I love this post and all the letters and this was a super duper idea.
I am hooked on reading books that are thrillers or action heros, think Seal Teams, CIA, FBI, all law reinforcement, but on the thrillers I do not read serial killer books.
PS, I think everyone should read what the love and love what they read and forget the trending books and those book clubs that insist we all read the same thing and TALK about what it says. Only my opinion counts on the books I read.
love you, Sandra
'Accidental' is right! The dear Lord knew what he was doing when our first two home choices fell through. I agree 100% with your take on books.
DeleteI love these. I want to try this sometimes... I did enjoy the Office depot one especially. I thought it would be the best, BUT you topped it with the music and pictures. LOVED IT!!!
ReplyDeleteThe visit was tops lady, THANKS makes a tired guy smile... Sherry & jack (Sherry already told me about this entry. I am late.)
Aw, thank you so much! One of these days I hope I'll get to read some of YOUR letters.
DeleteI'm sorry to hear about your computer but glad that you were able to work it all out. I hate when things like that happen. Good to know on the Hard as Hoofs. Sorry your mom did that to you. Mine never read to me so I'm not much of a reader. However, I love romance novels. Sounds like the City of Millbrook did an awesome job. I love the photos.
ReplyDeleteSorry for any confusion, Debby -- that was my friend Beth's mother. Mine was an avid reader, as well.
Deletesounds like where my brothers family lives in Cullman Alabama. They would love for us to move there but that would mean living my sons and their families. I'm not doing that!
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you a bit! The biggest reason we moved here (from Arizona) is b/c my son and family are nearby.
DeleteMyra, I LOVED this post. It is so great to read good news!! And backward Alabama needs to be contagious!! Love & hugs! Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Terri! I'm counting the days!
DeleteThe summer concert looks like fun. Glad you were able to get a new computer so quickly.
ReplyDeleteMe, too. Tom's Chromebook and I don't get along, lol.
DeleteHow neat with the concerts! They sound like (and look like in the pictures you shared) a lot of fun! Prescott would do a Friday summer concert by the courthouse but nothing like your town is doing! I think I would enjoy Alabama if it wasn't for the humidity :) Win-win on customer service for your computer! More companies need to do that! I think I read one book of Fannie Flagg (but don't ask me which one lol).
ReplyDeletebetty
I asked one of the ladies, "Why not do this in October?" But of course, the answer is FOOTBALL. Some game days the state practically shuts down. LOL.
DeleteOH my, I loved these "letters"! Sorry to hear about your computer, but happy to know your info was salvaged and rescued and you now are moving up in the world of technology! LOL. I loved your letter to your friend Beth...and I totally agree with her assessment of reading. That's me these days. I do love the fun mystery series that seem to be everywhere nowadays. You can find mysteries in libraries, tea rooms, bakeries, little towns in New England, and probably even in Alabama! LOL. They are entertaining and easy to read, and keep you wanting more. I just haven't been doing much reading lately at all. It's about all I can do to keep up with all our friends here in blogland. Sometimes these posts from our friends read like mysteries, comedies, tragedies, and even inspirational. A little bit of everything for everyone! Who could ask for anything more? Love your concerts at the park. What a fun way to spend the summer nights, even if it IS hot and muggy! Great idea and kudos to your towns people who came up with the plan. And I love your posts! Always a treat to visit here. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your 'take' on reading, Pam! I may or may not go back to those authors I once enjoyed. Right now, I just want to be entertained and not work to absorb multiple story lines.
DeleteLoved this post, Myra! And let others say that we in the South are backwards, but I'll take patriotism, love of family and good manners over wokeness any day of the week. All y'all doubters need to pay us a visit sometime.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new computer!
... and all of God's people said, "AMEN!"
DeleteHow fortunate to be able to get the new computer and that they can transfer all your information over to it. I love the pictures of the concert in the park, how nice to live where you do and be able to enjoy it like that. I do choose my books wisely too. I love the ones with happy endings! Hope you have a wonderful weekend there. We're expecting a little rain here and we need it so I'm not complaining. Love, ma
ReplyDeleteI've about decided, life's too short to finish reading a book that doesn't check all my boxes.
DeleteLife is short my friend...and I really enjoy your posts, smiles.
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteWhat your friend posted about books rang true to me; I do the same thing with emotional books and movies. I would prefer to be happy!
ReplyDeleteWell you know I’m very partial to Alabama, having been born and raised there. I love Fannie Flagg and collect her books. Make sure you check out ‘The all girl filling station’ and a smaller book of hers ‘A redbird Christmas’.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Sheila
Alabama rocks in the news these days with your alls love for God, Country and Family. I read a Fanny Flagg book and really liked it. Sorry your computer died in the storm. But I wish you well with the new pc.
ReplyDelete