Friday, February 4, 2022

Currently?

 


It's wet!


I've been loving our chilly weather.  That is, until yesterday morning when I thought the atmosphere felt warm ...syrupy.  Sure enough.  Mid-afternoon the weather radio began going off; I readied our helmets.
{Personal aside: I wonder if growing annoyed v. panicked means I'm finally a real Alabama-ian?}



So thankful!
Allowing myself the luxury of being a slug!  Rather than leap into the day, this morning I brought my coffee and notepad back to bed ... where I sat with my copy editor.

Sleeping on the job!



Meanwhile, out back ...
Tom's enjoying the new propane heater he rigged up in his clubhouse workshop.
Stand too close and you'll deep-fry your fingernails!


He recently completed another plane he's dubbed the 'Covid Special'
Made from scratch -- entirely from scrap materials.



In the kitchen 
Our slow cooker's getting a workout!

Still observing hoodie/comfort food season, the other night I made Chicken Green Enchilada soup
*Stock Photo*

..... but even with the addition of a few tablespoons fresh Hatch
It was disappointingly bland.
{To me, anyway.  I suppose you can take the girl out of New Mexico ... but not the other way around.}


So glad while at Target Tom insisted, we get these Pyrex containers ... I'm in love!



Finally ...
I can't recall where I found this image, but find it oddly comforting.

Perhaps it will do the same for you?


 

Wishing y'all a wonder-full day ... and weekend, too!

Hugs, Myra

















 

35 comments:

  1. All I can say is I prefer rain to snow. I'm getting cabin fever from having to stay in for several days now. The snow is finally stopping today and hopefully I'll be able to get out soon. It's definitely been slow cooker weather here. Soups and stews are comfort foods in winter. Glad Tom is keeping busy and warm in his workshop. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ma! I hope you're able to get out soon!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha...cute! Your puppy sleeps like a people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEYYYY I / we bought the same containers from Target, LOLOL. And yes, you are now a true Alabamian. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the model air-plane. Tom is very skilful.

    Is your dog really asleep or just pretending? It's a cute photo.

    That's a wonderful image you posted at the end of your article. Thank you Mevely.

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've a trove of Macie Ann's funny positions in which to sleep. She's a riot!

      Delete
  5. Yes! Your anger confirms that you're now a true Alabama-ian. When I first lived in the Missouri Ozarks, I absolutely freaked out with every tornado watch or warning.
    Later, I finally figured that it wasn't worth being in a perpetual panic mode. Panic was replaced with anger and disgust.

    I like Tom's Covid Special - it's really neat!

    And I like the last image, which has a calming effect. There is hope....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! Expect the best, but prepare for the worst. Hope endures.

      Delete
  6. Look at that sweetie sleeping like a baby, so cute! That plane Tom made is very impressive, is that what he does while out in his clubhouse? Yep, it's definitely slow cooker time of year. Mine has been getting a workout too. Sorry your soup wasn't what you were expecting. Have a great weekend Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, he's been building and flying RC aircraft for decades. This is actually a little one, but he had fun.

      Delete
  7. The soup looks really good and I love those Pyrex bowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really good, but I like my food pretty spicy.

      Delete
  8. That airplane is amazing!! Does it fly? Of course it does...but it is beautiful! Very talented man! Your soup looks good too. Sorry it was too bland for you. Probably just right for me! Your cute little copy editor is adorable. Glad you didn't get any really bad weather! And yes, the image at the end is beautiful and peaceful. Yes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm going to tell him you said that. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  9. I love how your editor is on the job, Myra - lol! And isn't Tom the gifted one? Love that he named the plane the Covid Special. I did think of you the other day during those tornado watches/warnings for Alabama. Yes, annoyed versus anxious is a step in the right direction!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need to remember (that) Faith and Fear cannot coexist. Still praying for your continued strength!

      Delete
  10. If you get to the point where you are teed off when the county tornado warning siren sounds and the actual tornado (though still in the county) is 20 miles away, you are a true southerner. I don't get really worried unless the sky over me turns greenish gray and debris start flying. That is when I go to the basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fortunate you have a basement! I'm interested in those 'safe' shelters Home Depot sells.

      Delete
  11. I love Tom's playhouse! What a great job from scrap on that plane. I would love to see it fly. I have watched a few drones lately, they just don't do for you what a model does.
    I probably would not have considered the meal BLAND, LOL. You seem to eat HOT like I do popcorn. ;-)
    You can say spicy all you want, but it is.........
    We need to look into the pyrex containers...
    Love from here. We will dry out soon methinks.
    Sherry & jack moving tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing where the Coach is headed next!

      Delete
  12. Your soup looks yummy. Sorry it seems bland. Those Pyrex bowls (anything Pyrex) are great! Blown away by your hubby's building skills! Wow to the airplane! Have a cozy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? Already I've disposed of most of the cheap-o stained containers to make room for more!

      Delete
  13. That is a cool looking plane Tom put together and neat with the materials he used!! Those Pyrex bowls look really cool! I got some plastic reusable ones from Amazon a few months back that I'm really happy with (might blog about them sometime down the lane). Our crock pot too is getting a workout this time of year. Your soup sounds delicious!! Maybe your copy editor needs a raise? (or a cookie :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... more Greenies! Now I'm interested in hearing what you found at Amazon!

      Delete
  14. I love this time of year because I love soups and being cozy inside. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!! a propane tank sitting under a HEATER? I will not even cook on our propane tank. bob has to do it. that is one of my fears, him blowing up while grilling. LOVE the Covid Plane, beautiful and a excellent job.
    I want the pyrex dishes. I have 3 square ones that are OLD and need to be replaced. I can dump from the pyrex into the microwave yellow pot and dinner is served.
    we need rain, so send some please but not the helmet kind.. one of my favorite things to do is prop up in bed with my chromebook. I close with giggles over your bed companion/editor. talk about getting comfy!!! adorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please! Take the rain ... I'm ready for a good drought.
      Ya, I worried a bit about the heaters, but he's cautious and insures there's proper ventilation.

      Delete
  16. Coffee in bed sounds perfect! Your soup looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo...I'm betting that would have been more than enough heat in the soup for me. I like spice, but just a little. I can't handle it like I used to. Nice that the clubhouse is now heated. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, just in time for the weather warm-up. LOL!

      Delete
  18. That Tom is like Jake our SIL always looking for something to work on or create or build. I like that! You should try some fire roasted chilies. I buy them canned and accidentally put them in a South Western Quiche. hahaha but Rebekah and Avery loved it lots. Zippy lil chilies. Ortega makes some decent ones and Old EL Paso too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!