Friday, October 8, 2021

Friday Fotos

 

Happy Friday, y'all!  It's been a while since I played 'show and tell.'

Humor me a hodgepodge?   My life, and welcome to it!



Anyone care to guess what this is?



How about now?
Pretty ingenious 'puke bag' don't-cha think?
What flight attendants wouldn't have given years ago for something like this!



Please ... tell me I'm not the only one who loves the aroma of wet brown paper towels?
Holding it close to my nose, I was immediately transported back to grade school.
Simple pleasures!




The girls are so happy their daddy's home!




These look like aliens in my refrigerator -- but they're actually Tom's infusion balls.

It's pretty simple.
He has 3 ports/lumens, but I only use the one; the 'ball' has its own pump.


And at the end of 90 minutes it looks like this.  Clever!



Now, who can guess what this is?

... or this?


Okay, it's my (non) favorite place.
After we dropped the girls at the groomer this morning, Tom was impatient to get the truck washed.


I'm reminded of the line,
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."



Knock wood, all the rainfall we've been having has taken a hike and Tom can push out the mower.  (He already suspects there's pygmies hiding in the grass with poison darts.)

Good news.  We met with the Infectious Disease NP yesterday and his numbers look good.  We still have to continue pushing meds for the next 6 weeks, but they'll re-evaluate again mid-November.  Cross fingers, this caregiver's ready to hang up her cap!


Happy weekend, everyone.  Stay safe!

Hugs, Myra



 




























25 comments:

  1. Wow, the things you are learning! Yes, I've seen that lovely green bag before, the last time I was in the hospital last year for surgery. Sorry to say I may have even used it when coming out of anesthesia and they offered me a popsicle way too soon for my tummy to handle it. I did want that popsicle so badly...OK, TMI. You are becoming quite the nurse! Those infusion bottles/balls whatever are very interesting. Oh the things you learn to do when you love someone so much. I know he is very appreciative to have you as his personal nursemaid! LOL. Glad to hear his numbers are coming down and he is on the mend. That means everything. Oh, that car wash! I haven't been in one like that for a while. WE often use the self wash stall instead as that is more convenient to us. Today we had a good old fashioned rainstorm that cleaned our car better than ever! LOL. Okay, please take care and know that we care too. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! Ya, were it not for Tom driving, I wouldn't try that car wash 'ride' myself. Love God's car washes best!

      Delete
  2. Praying and praising God that Tom is now better. Wishing him and you good health and happiness.

    I've never been in one of those car wash machines. Too scared the car will get stuck there and I can't get out. I prefer to use those high-powered spray hoses. I washed the car once with those power sprays and the family was still in the car. Someone opened the window. My wife was far from amused. No sense of humour having a power spray inside the car.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noooo! Altho' I'm chuckling, imagining the scene. Like something out of the Three Stooges.

      Delete
  3. Fingers crossed and prayers sent!
    I use the car wash fairly regularly. I don' mind being in it, but I hate having to get my wheel in the little guide to pull me through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought about that! Methinks those workers must have the patience of Job.

      Delete
  4. You know, you always make me smile. Keeping in prayer, Myra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Linda above! The car wash got me, LOL My first impression on the on was an upside down shower curtain.
    Love the girls steps up to daddy! NICE!
    Glad the numbers are good.
    Saw a few guys that coulda used the barf bags on a Helo! LOL
    Love you lady, thanks for the infusion lesson/intro.
    Love to y'all from over here.
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky capture, that. Usually I keep my eyes squeezed shut. LOL.

      Delete
  6. Those infusion balls are interesting. How great that you are able to do it for him. So much more comfortable to be at home during his recovery. Bless you. I know those pups are happy! Those vomit bags are genius and I have a supply in the bathroom closet. Joe had tummy upsets often. It always feels good to drive away with a clean vehicle!! Happy weekend, dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, the balls' mechanism does all the work; I just need to line up the ends with his port. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

      Delete
  7. That first car wash photo reminds me of a tsunami. With all the rain here in TN I get a free car wash every day. Do brown paper towels still exist? They were very prevalent when I was in grade school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for mentioning the wet paper towels, Jon! The smell reminds me of walking through a lumber yard. Yep, that's what they had in the hospital's patients' rooms.

      Delete
  8. So happy that Tom's home and is doing so much better, Myra! Yes, we had to deal with infusion balls when Danny had a terrible infection from his pacemaker. I had to administer the meds for him, and was so glad when all of that ended; I know you will be, too. And I've never been a fan of going through those kinds of carwashes. Makes me feel a bit spooked!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience, Martha! Now I'm wondering what those poor souls do who don't have a spouse or family member? 😥

      Delete
  9. welcome to my world, MadSnapper #2 i love this post, i love all the photos, I love guessing and finding out stuff I did not know. the puke bags are amazing, never heard of such a thing. the photo of the infusion balls is MY KIND OF ART. I LOVE it. i want some of those to madly snap.. but I don't want to be the caregiver. i wondered how the spouse without training could give infusions. this is truly a great way to go, no trips to the office every day. are these daily?

    I have never ever ridden through a car wash and will not. the thought makes me smother. before bob got to old, we put quarters in the spraywash and he held the sprayer. i can't control it. now our car gets washed 2 times a year by hand in the yard. until 2 years ago, bob washed all of our cars in the driveway once a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. 2x a day, every day. We're on Day #10 of 70(ish).
      My car is so filthy from the black walnut tree 'stuff' I'm embarrassed to take it to a car wash.

      Delete
  10. Intersting photos today. I love seeing Tom and the dogs. You have had your hands full with home health care there and seem very competent too. I hope all continues to go well there and soon these days will be over for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ma! From your lips to God's ears!

      Delete
  11. The car wash got me too - but once you said what it was I recognized it. I am glad that Tom might/is getting better. You are his hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't feel like a hero -- but thank you for saying that! 😍

      Delete
  12. I'm so happy that Tom is home again. I hope everyone is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not seen the brown papertowels for a long while. Glad the girls loved their daddy coming home. Such a sweet photo. You learn new things everyday and thank you because so do I from you. Hugs and Much Love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!