Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Bucket ... or Chuck-it?



I like what Fr. Maple wrote in this morning's devotional:

"Springtime is the real start of the New Year.  The first flowers show themselves; all around us there are signs of new life."


🌷

As tradition goes, many people choose New Years to make Resolutions ... Dream Boards ... Bucket Lists.

Hey, I was right there!  Even as late as my 70th birthday, I entertained the thought of riding a mechanical bull.


Then the pandemic hit.
I don't know about y'all, but that which I'd envisioned paled in a big fat hurry.


Maybe that's why one man's "Chuck-It List" made such an impression.
(You can read it HERE)


The author speaks of things he's willing to let go of:
 "Anything that drags me down or holds me back from living a happy and comfortable life.  People I never want to meet.  Activities I detest." 

and my personal favorite,
"Places and experiences that peg my Ick-O-Meter."


I chuckled throughout, and even laughed out loud.  Then realized, maybe all this time I've had it backwards.
I'm gonna get right on it.

How about it?  Do you have a Chuck-it List?






Stay well ...let's chat soon!

Hugs, Myra

30 comments:

  1. Oh boy my chuck it list would be way bigger than my bucket list these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing that for a long time. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the article about the chuck it list. That would have been fun to be on a mechanical bull. Can't remember the name of the restaurant in Westgate but they had a country western theme and did have a mechanical bull that was put to good use on weekend nights (pre pandemic of course :)

    Running a marathon comes to mind for my chuck it list. LOL, I can't even physically run anymore just a few feet :) Oh the advantages of age :)

    Look for an email coming from me in the next few days :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the marathon. It's SO good to 'see' you again!

      Delete
  4. I don't have a chuck it list, but I love the phrase 'Ick-O-Meter'. May have to incorporate it into my vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to have a chuck-it list, but it's completely impossible to avoid the unpleasant things in life. They follow us and find us no matter how hard we try to hide.

    If I could discard one thing it would be the perpetual infliction of worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT would be a game-changer! From your lips to God's ears.

      Delete
  6. So much baggage people carry needlessly in life. They should chuck the baggage and get a trailer instead.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of like that "chuck-it" list. I could think of a few things...people who just want to whine all the time about the stupidest things (oops, am I whining?) The "News"...don't need it anymore. It only causes me great distress and I don't need that either. Life is too short to go around being distressed about what could happen or even what IS happening that I can't do a thing about...but PRAY. I do do that...and will continue to do that. But I don't need to watch the news to know what to pray about...I just have to commit things to God and let HIM fix it because He knows best. Thank you for sharing this today. It was a good laugh and thought provoker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! Great point about courting those things ('News' + FB) that only cause distress. Let go and let God!

      Delete
  8. What an interesting concept, Myra, and it makes sense. Life is short. Why should we waste our days doing things we don't care about? There are some things I'll definitely be putting on the chuck-it list.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not have a "chuck it" list but maybe I should!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA, that list was funny...and how truthful...loved it, thanks Myra for the link. Since we are still in the talk discussion in regards to moving, there is a lot of things to chuck...and if I were to be honest, a lot has to do with our attitudes and reservations about things in general.

    Thank you for the many smiles my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attitudes and reservations ... those two are BIGGIES!

      Delete
  11. Reading the list Sherry and I are cracking up. We seldom hit your blog at the same time but she looked over and asked: "Are you reading Myra!" YEP. We both laughed. Sherry has ridden a camel in the desert, I have not.
    Yep I have chucked a lot of things, but am holding on to several, set aside for OLD MEN only. hahaha
    As always enjoyed this visit. Be safe and hug Brother Tom!
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "OLD MEN" only? You're a tease!
      I got to ride a camel once - but it was just an enclosed circle. Not nearly as interesting-sounding as being in the desert!

      Delete
  12. I popped over and read his list just to get in my head just what we are talking about. I don't need to make a chuck it list, I have already chucked almost everything he mentioned, years ago when i retired, way back in 2006. the only thing he listed i can chuck is a degree in anything because I chucked that when I got married at 19.
    now i am trying to think of what i could chuck now.. i have nothing left to chuck. I would ride a camel but not in the desert and how would I get up on it even if in kneeled on the ground. oops, forgot I am afraid of heights. I would like to chuck about 15 lbs, YES but HOW? comes to mind..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! The greatest gift I gave myself was retiring and moving here to the slow lane in Alabama.

      Delete
  13. I believe life is to short to be anything but happy, so there are a lot of things on my chuck it list. Got get rid of negative, anger, hate and carrying grudges, Get rid of any thin negative and that doesn't make me happy. I got a new shirt to wear recently, that says I'm over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I hope you'll show us a picture of you in that cute shirt.

      Delete
  14. Thank you for sharing. I definitely need to follow in his footsteps...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am chucking some things, I would like to chuck politics into the Black Sea on a stormy dark and dreay night. everyone is trying to chuck the MY Pillow guy. I guess they hate honest hard working stiffs having jobs in our country, what's left of it. I said this before WOKE take a permanent nap. I am related to some of those people, it saddens my heart. Truly, heart breaking and that is my serious note. I have never been much of a corporate suit lover so chuck away boys and girls, chuck away!America has been whittled down, watered down and beaten up so badly we are never gonna come back. I chuck it all and will sit on a curb and wait for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!