First, I want shout out a big thanks for your comments on my last post.
Does anyone else ever suffer post-publish anxiety? Regrets? I woke up in the early morning hours talking to myself. "Should I have really written that out-loud?"
On a lighter note .....
Here are a few vignettes from my little corner of the world.
I'm feeling
..... a bit bushed, actually.
Our weather radio kept going off during the overnight hours. Thankfully we missed the severe weather, but folks south of us had a heck of a hail storm.
... prompting someone to suggest the angels were golfing. Love it!
So, Tom and I each got our 2nd vaccines. He had a rough time Thursday morning, but aside from a bit of nausea today, I'm okay. Mighty thankful it's over!
I woke with more than a little aches and pains -- but I'm chalking that up to a sudden face-plant I 'performed' in the early morning hours last Monday.
The villainous hurdle
The witness
I've a new favorite thing!
If you like garlic, you're gonna love this stuff.
Trust me!
This, on the other hand, pegs my Ick-O-Meter.
I'm pretty sure even our squirrels would turn up their noses.
Tom's taken a real liking to all the finches and cardinals that gather at the feeders out back.
... But our hearts belong to the squirrels. I think he felt bad watching one little guy try time and again to scale the sheperd's hook thingie.
Next thing I know, he's devised a little serving tray, permanently affixed to the adjacent fence.
Tom's having eye surgery Monday morning. It's routine, but always a bit nerve-wracking when facing anesthesia. Prayers and positivity's sure appreciated!
Good night, now. Have yourselves a super Sunday!
Hugs, Myra









Good luck with the operation. Even routine ones can go wrong, but worrying doesn’t help. When I’m faced with something like that I distract myself with puzzles.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I used to love crosswords and anagrams/scrabbles.
DeleteGood luck with the operation. Even routine ones can go wrong, but worrying doesn’t help. When I’m faced with something like that I distract myself with puzzles.
ReplyDelete🙂
DeletePraying for Tom and your good health. Take care when climbing those steps.
ReplyDeleteThose puffs are a way for vegetarians to look trendy. Like vegetarian burgers and sausages. Meat eaters invented those shapes first. Why can't vegetarians make burgers and sausages their own different shapes?
God bless always my friends.
Exactly! We were here first!
DeletePraying for Tom's eye surgery, that all will go well and he won't have any issues with anesthesia or otherwise... Those vegetable snacks sound "interesting". I do like beets and I sort of like brussels sprouts, but not sure I'd like them in that form. People who are health conscious shouldn't eat those kinds of snacks anyway, regardless of whether or not they look trendy. Now, regarding those steps into your bed...are those for you or the doggies? I am very sorry you had a bad fall because of them, and I truly hope those steps aren't really for you anyway? Yikes...I know if I had to do steps into or out of bed, I'd be on the floor more than in the bed. Anyway, I am very sorry you are hurting, and I pray you will feel better very soon. Falling is one of my biggest concerns since I've had major back surgery and have screws in my spine. I am very thankful you weren't injured worse. Now, regarding the squirrels...I have to laugh. Trust me, they will figure out how to get up a shepherd's hook, especially if it is anywhere near the fence or a tree...they can jump pretty far. I'm afraid we don't feel too sorry for the squirrels here...the tend to be quite the little "pigs" when it comes to sunflower seeds mixed in the bird seed, and the birdies don't get any! But they do have plenty of acorns in the oak trees that they are supposed to be eating instead! Oh well, it's all very entertaining. I enjoy your posts and I look forward to what you are going to say next! :) Have a happy day. Glad that hail didn't get too close to you. That would have been very painful indeed!! Wow! Have a blessed Sunday.
ReplyDeleteAw, you say the sweetest things!
DeleteGood point about those puffs. I wonder if they'll actually catch on ... especially here in the Deep South, if you catch my drift.
Oops! I SHOULD have said, these are doggie steps. Our girls are getting older and sometimes struggle to jump that high.
Yes, I'm feeling much better today. Thank you so much for your prayers!
tell tom no need to crack those nuts. they love them whole and carry them up on the power lines or in the crotch of our tree and crack and eat.. also blue jays love them whole.
ReplyDeletenot only do i often have post, post anxiety I often have it after I write a comment and have been know to go back and delete sad comment.
I did not know about he coming surgery, prayers it will go well.
as for the puffs, if someone had a bag open and let me try the beets I would try them. i love beets but i would not buy them because there is a good chance i would not eat them. I love garlic but do not eat basil anything. i once accidently bought a chicken that had basil on it and could not swallow it.. Bob made sandwiches from it but agreed he doesn't like basil either. I got the silly thing at Basils, who knew why it is called that.
Glad to know I'm not a lone ranger! Tom's procedure is something called epi-retinal cataracht removel. He had the same thing on his other eye several years ago.
DeleteHi Myra:
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I can relate to the picture of First Aid.
Doing steps to get in and out of bed...Oh my.
I hope you feel better soon.
I love the pictures of Tom. I'm praying for Tom's successful eye surgery.
Wishing you and yours a blessed Sunday.
https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/
Here is my profile picture. I hope.
DeleteThank you so much, Gloria! (Actually, these are steps for our little dogs.)
DeleteNice picture!
I'm so glad you are both fully protected now and hope you are feeling a bit better today. Glad that hail missed you and glad to didn't really hurt yourself during the performance.
ReplyDeleteI usually make my own dressings but I do keep some Ken's on hand too, I'll definitely try this one. I'm a garlic fanatic! Those vegan veggie things don't sound so great to me, but I'd try them. How sweet of Tom to make a little serving tray for the squirrels. I hope his eye surgery goes well, prayers on the way!
Yes, much better, thanks! Funny, not an hour after we e-mailed, I felt chilled and developed a bit of fever. Not unexpected, according to the CDC, but still. Thank goodness, I'd made a big pot of that detox soup earlier. All better today!
DeleteLove the "Angel's golf!" NICE! I have wondered if anyone felt sorry for the squirrels. I do. But I also get mad at them too. I like the 'sweet side of Tom' about as much as the musical dude!
ReplyDeleteGlad y'all finished the shots and yep will breathe a prayer for Tom, anything medical with the eyes gives me the willies!!!!
Love you guys up there in Alabama!
Sherry & jack
Ha! I was so hoping someone else would like that reference to angels golfing. 😁
DeleteThank you so much for the prayers. Love you two, too!
Good luck and prayers for Tom.
ReplyDeleteGosh that band aide cartoon is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you fall?
I am done with my shots too - I was lucky I guess no reactions either time.
That hail was huge.
sandie
I know, right? I saw pictures on the news of (car) windshilds being busted. Imagine!
DeleteYa, I hit the bottom stair and fell flat on my face. Graceful's always been my middle name - hahaha.
Keeping Tom in prayer for tomorrow (and you). AND you know, it's a NO for us on the vaccine, each his own...and nope, not going to brow beat anyone etc. My husband took his mother and her husband and they got the Johnson and Johnson one, they wanted it, so he took them. End of story, he didn't browbeat them or nothing.
ReplyDeleteANYWAYS, funny band aid graphic which has me shaking my head yes, LOLOLOL. OH and I am always second guessing myself when it comes to commenting. LOLOLOL
Each his own, exactly! I don't think self-confidence (in one's decisions) is so commonplace.
DeleteHope y'all are enjoying your rainy day!
I'm going to have to look for that dressing. It sounds delicious and I bet can also be used as a marinade when cooking chicken. That was big size hail! Glad the storms avoided your area. Tom is so cute taking care of the squirrel with the treats you live them. Will say a prayer about his eye surgery. Sorry about your fall; hoping you are feeling less achy soon from it. I so agree about that band-aid meme. There are days where everything seems to hurt here :)
ReplyDeleteI too sometimes wonder how a post will be perceived that I have written. I haven't had too much remorse over things posted except a long time ago; not sure you were even following my blog back then. I did delete that post and had more discretion on future posts.
Have a nice Sunday!
betty
Oh, it is! We were just saying yesterday we need to buy some chicken breasts and use it as a marinade. Thank you so much for your prayers, Betty. We're feeling mighty blessed!
DeleteGlad to hear you have both gotten your second vaccine, Myra, and I will be praying for Tom's eye surgery. Sorry, though, about the face-plant - never good, but always more scary the older we get. That band-aid meme says it all!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Thank you so much, Martha! 💛
DeleteI'm late getting around to my friends. Barb was here over the weekend!! Prayers for Tom on Monday and I love his heart... giving the squirrels their own place to eat!! Love you, my friend!! xo
ReplyDeleteNo worries, Terri ... I'm delighted to know you enjoyed a sweet visit. Love you back!
DeleteAs usual, your blog post didn't show up on my readers list until a few minutes ago.
ReplyDeleteA pox on Blogger!
I'm glad you missed the severe storm. Those hail stones are massive! When I was afraid of thunder as a tiny child, my parents told me the angels were bowling.
As for blog posts - - I VERY often regret what I write....but that never stops me...(*smile*)
Take care and wishing Tom good luck and prayers with his surgery
Well, I've changed tactics and (am) trying not to disparage Blogger for fear they'll think of new ways to torture us.
DeleteLike Billy Joel sings, "Don't go changing to try and please ... (we) love you just the way you are."
I am like Jon, this blogger bsuienss is a booger. I see things after the fact. Prayers for Tom. I dislike the thought of any surgery because of our trying times. But God knows and we can all pray. :-) I write things I wonder about but I have to speak up. The world is going madder and madder everyday. If one person is remonded that GOD is in control and they can flip their switch to him I am happy. Your witness appears to be saying, I sure hope she is able to make our breakfast, how about it sis? NOthing worse than face planting. I was on my knees searching for something the bed. Had to yell for AVery. I Need that crazy purple Hurry Cane that I bought. But I did a semi downward dog and backup into my husband who was by than cracking up hysterically. Oh those silly squirrels. I use to toss them peanuts. THey are all fat as little butterball =s here. I guess I am not alone and Tom too. What a kind heart he has.Your phoots are great, glad you are both A-Ok and we will pray. SOmeone told me when you are vacinnated to drink plenty of water to help flush your system. Jeremy went on Friday. He is doing ok just a very sore arm. Bea will always be my role model/hero. 90 years young and kicking that second shots butt all the way home! HUGS and PRAYERS and LOVE to you both
ReplyDeleteOh girl, I love the way you think! I asked Tom, did you hear that big crash about 3 this morning? He's like, "No; I didn't hear a thing." Gotta train Macie to be like Lassie. Ha!
DeleteOldest grandson is a very picky eater. His mom is forever trying to sneak vegetables into his diet, even resorting to snacks that contain them
ReplyDeleteClever!
DeleteI'm praying all goes well with Tom's surgery today. No matter how small surgery always has some risks with it. No, I'd not eat those vegetable snacks. I try to eat healthy, but love my tasty snacks. When I splurge I want something better than that. We used to feed the squirrels come dried corn on the cob. They liked the corn, but liked the bird seed better.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteI agree. Like that old song says, "Ain't nothing like the Real Thing!"
DeleteWow, that's some big hail! I've been wondering if my aches and pains are from my 2nd shot or if they were because I helped Mark move some very heavy furniture??? The dressing sounds tasty. Not sure if I would try those puffs. I've been feeding our bunnies organic carrots. Keeping Tom in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteHow cute you are! 🐰
DeleteYes, I sometimes have those regrets and have been known to go back and delete a post or two. lol
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to get yours last shots. Said a prayer for Tom.
Thank you, Cathy!
DeleteOh dear so sorry to hear you fell. hope nothing was injured. Glad the bad weather stayed away. good luck tom. prayers
ReplyDelete