Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Water Cooler Wednesday






What you say we turn the tables on my last post?  Rather than identifying a 'worst' here and a 'worst' there, let me ask you ...


Who is your favorite fictional character (v. actor), in film and/or book form?

  






Me?
Not since Marcus Welby, M.D. have I felt such warm feelings for Daniel Charles (Chief of Psychiatry, Chicago Med).  






Thanks for playing along, and if you would … stay safe!









Hugs, Myra


28 comments:

  1. the moment I read the question Jack Reacher popped In my head. I have read every book ever written about him. now I am smiling at the thought of him taking me with him from my bedroom. I think I prefer to imagine his life not live it... I am drawn to fictional characters that are fearless, which is the opposite of me... on TV my farorite was Jack Bauer on 24..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNEW you were going to say Jack Reacher! Good point about imagining his life -- my behind would sure grow weary sitting on those busses day and night. :)

      Delete
  2. Probably, Stephani Plum in the Janet Evanovich By the Numbers series. I can identify with her...just a normal girl trying to do her best and it somehow all going really wrong before it goes right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice! I love your thumbnail (spot-on) description.

      Delete
  3. I would love to have Racer barge in and take me on an adventure in The Glade! If your readers here would like the same, they can visit me at www.gladetrilogy.wix.com/theglade
    Blessings, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be great fun! Racer may well be my spirit squirrel. :)

      Delete
  4. Well done Martha ... good choice. In a similar vein (am I vain?) I would like to meet Father Ignatius - see: https://victormoubarak.wixsite.com/victormoubarak/books-co77

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Victor! I, too, would love to hang around Fr. Ignatius.

      Delete
  5. Hmm...Keanu Reeves in the John Wick movies or even Daniel Craig aka James Bond. I gotta have adventure, LOLOL. Have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought I could go for a blonde Bond, but Craig is dreamy, indeed. (*smile*)

      Delete
  6. Glad to see a post on Water Cooler Wednesday! First person that came to mind was Atticus Finch from to Kill a Mockingbird. I so wanted him to be my dad when I read that book over and over again back when I was in 8th/9th grade :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet thought! I know if was a famous movie, but I'd really like to read the book, instead.

      Delete
  7. Do you watch This Is Us? Milo Ventimiglia plays Jack Pearson- I just like his character and he's cute in a weird way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I've not seen it. I was really taken by the previews, but Tom wasn't interested … and I didn't want to hang out in the sun room by myself.

      Delete
  8. I'm at a loss on this one but I o remember Maracus Welby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously a fictional character, but he set the bar pretty high. I think in the back of my mind, I've compared all my doctors' bedside manners to his. LOL.

      Delete
  9. I've read so many books and seen so many films, that choosing one fictional character would be an impossibility. My mind is muddled...

    But right now I'm suddenly thinking of Atticus Finch in "To Kill a Mockingbird". Finch was superb in the novel - and Gregory Peck portrayed him perfectly in the film.
    He was a noble character - wise, just, compassionate, humble,intelligent, honest.

    As for a female character, I've always been extremely partial to Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see Betty's comment until after I wrote this. She made an excellent choice....

      Delete
    2. Well, thanks for playing anyway! First Betty and now you … great minds! I'm definitely going to have to read that book.

      Delete
    3. The novel and the film are both superb.

      Delete
  10. I love him too! My favorite book character is Stephanie Plum, created by Janet Evanovich. I could tag along in her world and perhaps hang out with Grandma Mazur at the funeral home, eating cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another fan of Dr. Charles! Honestly, I hadn't expected these many thoughtful answers -- and wasn't thoughtful enough to include my own. I'm going with Kinsey Millhone in Grafton's alphabet murder series.

      Delete
  11. Hmmm. I'd like Will Smith or Denzel Washington or Benedict Cumberbatch. While they are not in a book, they sure have a presence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed … that compelling presence speaks volumes.

      Delete
  12. Huck Finn! until I growed up at 58 yrs old. Then there was a continual toss up. Actually I have read so many cowboy books lately, I guess I would just go back to Matt Dillon // James Arness. I branched out but I still like the cowboys. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huck Finn … I LOVE that.
      Best.Response.Ever!

      PS - Like Willie sings, "My Heroes have always been cowboys."

      Delete
  13. i like the female characters in any book from Isla Dewar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!